The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Osterlind 13 Steps DVD's - Wow (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Richard Osterlind
View Profile
V.I.P.
2213 Posts

Profile of Richard Osterlind
By the way, on a side note, the photo that we are using was taken by Sandy Sisti on the set of 13 Steps. We were going to use one by Tom Cutts, but there were some technical reasons (the table in the picture, etc.) why we couldn't.

But just so you will know, apart from Jim Sisti (whose paramont importance will be apparent when you see these DVD's) and his wife Sandy (who did a SUPERB JOB in the 2 person telepathy section), it was Tom Cutts who was the third person on the scene who made this whole project come together.

Tom has been there for every video I have made at L&L and is the unseen force, behind the scenes, that raises the tolerance level from impossible to wonderful!

When I arrived at the studio at 1am (it was supposed to be 12 noon, but see my article on the friendly skies in Mystique), and after a long and exhausting cab drive in the utter darkness of Lake Tahoe (with the almost non-English speaking cab driver telling me we were lost), it was Tom handing me a glass of his most exquisite wine as I emerged from the cab that told me I was in friendly hands!

Thank you, Tom.

Richard
HypnotizeAmerica
View Profile
Veteran user
399 Posts

Profile of HypnotizeAmerica
Richard -

One more thing before I sign off. I understand why you relented and offered the coaching for $20 for the people who bought from L&L but I really wish you wouldn't have and here is why.

In business you have to have an advantage. People already know you put out awesome products and are at the top of the business. We also know L&L does a great job producing these videos for you and makes a nice sum from each of them.

But by you offering the coaching and them (L&L) not then you have an advantage and if people wanted to order from you to get the coaching they not only pay a slightly higher fee but I suspect you get more money in your pocket (a good thing).

Again I understand why you did it but you went from a position of superiority to one of sameness with you losing out money wise (possibly) in the end.

At any rate - that is why you are the star and I am the guy typing on the internet at 12:32 in the morning.

Best wishes.

Tim
Richard Osterlind
View Profile
V.I.P.
2213 Posts

Quote:
On 2009-10-11 01:33, HypnotizeAmerica wrote:
Richard -

One more thing before I sign off. I understand why you relented and offered the coaching for $20 for the people who bought from L&L but I really wish you wouldn't have and here is why.

In business you have to have an advantage. People already know you put out awesome products and are at the top of the business. We also know L&L does a great job producing these videos for you and makes a nice sum from each of them.

But by you offering the coaching and them (L&L) not then you have an advantage and if people wanted to order from you to get the coaching they not only pay a slightly higher fee but I suspect you get more money in your pocket (a good thing).

Again I understand why you did it but you went from a position of superiority to one of sameness with you losing out money wise (possibly) in the end.

At any rate - that is why you are the star and I am the guy typing on the internet at 12:32 in the morning.

Best wishes.

Tim

Tim,

Thanks for your post and, yes, you are right about our position. Any artist recording for L&L does so on a work for hire basis and then, after that, it is only through their own individual sales do they make any more money off the videos.

I did not know about release dates and could not plan for every contingency such as pre-publicaton sales, etc. I feel these videos are of a different nature than past releases and demand continuing support. There is simply no one else as committed to that support than me! You are right that we are giving up a position of superiority in the marketplace by offering this service to those who bought the set from L&L, but, on the other hand, it evens out the score so that no one will feel they were left out of anything.

In addition, there are certain products related to this release that we will be offering in the future. Those who sign up will be on the 13 Steps mailing list and we get immediate notice of these LIMITED products. So, in the end, we will all still benefit.

Richard
Richard Osterlind
View Profile
V.I.P.
2213 Posts

Andreas S.
View Profile
New user
Germany
60 Posts

Profile of Andreas S.
Thank you Richard.

I didn´t know, that there is a difference for you, when I ordered 13 Steps from L&L.
Thank you for this kind offer to give your support also to those people, who "ordered to soon".
The great Gumbini
View Profile
Inner circle
3062 Posts

Profile of The great Gumbini
Richard is really kind to do this. I just got an email from L and L and they said my 13 Steps was shipped today. My next payday I'm going to take Richard up on his offer. To be very honest with everyone it was BECAUSE of Mr. Osterlind that I bought this set. I too had no idea I could order from him directly. So Richard you will hear from me within 2 weeks. And again thank you for your effort on this project and your extended kindness on this deal.

Good magic to all,

Eric
Richard Osterlind
View Profile
V.I.P.
2213 Posts

Quote:
On 2009-10-16 22:11, The great Gumbini wrote:
Richard is really kind to do this. I just got an email from L and L and they said my 13 Steps was shipped today. My next payday I'm going to take Richard up on his offer. To be very honest with everyone it was BECAUSE of Mr. Osterlind that I bought this set. I too had no idea I could order from him directly. So Richard you will hear from me within 2 weeks. And again thank you for your effort on this project and your extended kindness on this deal.

Good magic to all,

Eric

Eric,

Thanks for that post. I know that many raced to pre-order the DVD's because they are big fans of my work. For that, I am truly appreciative. That's why I didn't want anyone to think all the offers were not available to them. I know some people really don't care about the email support, but many do care.

Richard
Greg Arce
View Profile
Inner circle
6732 Posts

Profile of Greg Arce
Okay, I watched it. I'm going to put my thoughts in every thread that this series appears in. Why? Because I want to hammer in my opinion

First: FANTASTIC! AMAZING! WOW!!! This is a giant series to get. I believe that with people reading less and less (and that's a shame) that the 13 Steps DVDs will become the new classic. People will use it as a starting point. What's funny about that is that now Richard has proven that you SHOULD read the classics. So many constantly say that there's nothing worth performing in that book. WRONG!

Richard has now given you hours worth of working material that comes straight out of the book. Of course, he played around with the methods, presentations and looks, but that's what we've all been saying for a long time. Richard just took the time to prove it.

If you are interested in mentalism or you've been doing it for a short time or even for years, GET THIS SET OF DVDS!!!!

One more opinion, but I also stand by it. If Richard had bundled his Easy to Master Series, Mind Mysteries Series, No Camera Tricks and the 13 Steps Set, and called it the Master Volume Of Mentalism, he could have sold it for thousands of dollars for each set and it would still be underpriced. I'm not kidding.

I would having given a left testicle to have this when I was starting out. Heck, I would have given both. I'm just astounded at the value that these DVDs are giving to the mentalism community... especially those starting out. If you don't buy, watch, study, then study some more, these DVDs then you're insane and should be booted out of the mentalism community.

You'll never know what you are missing and you'll go years and years fumbling in the dark when, in fact, Richard has not shone a flashlight, but a giant follow-spot that will show you the correct path.

Bravo, Richard!! I can only say that I wish I had these at my disposal so many decades ago.

Greg
One of my favorite quotes: "A critic is a legless man who teaches running."
rochaz
View Profile
Veteran user
I'm TORN.........
378 Posts

Profile of rochaz
Quote:
On 2009-10-25 16:40, Greg Arce wrote:

I would having given a left testicle to have this when I was starting out. Heck, I would have given both.
Greg

Greg,
Wow...you sure take your work VERY seriously......... Smile

:)

Respectfully,
rochaz
- We do not want them to suspend disbelief in the way they would in theater and story. We want them to think critically and observe carefully. Our job is to force them to believe in magic even against their better judgment.”
Whit Hayden

:Juan R Rocha:
Greg Arce
View Profile
Inner circle
6732 Posts

Profile of Greg Arce
Rochaz, I did want to make a point. I really feel quite jealous that those starting out have such a wonderful resource with these DVDs.

Please, please, I am not kidding about studying Osterlind's DVDs. You are watching a master at work and he is giving you the knowledge that has taken him years and years to learn. Now you can get that knowledge in a few hours of your day.

Greg
One of my favorite quotes: "A critic is a legless man who teaches running."
rochaz
View Profile
Veteran user
I'm TORN.........
378 Posts

Profile of rochaz
Greg,
Point well taken!
I've always respected your opinions and thoughts here on the Café'....
I just got a huge chuckle after reading your post!

You are absolutely right about these DVD's;
I own several of Mr. Osterlind's DVD's and took an instant liking to his presentational style the minute I watched him perform for the first time.
I completely agree with you about the immense value of this work. Like you said...all at your fingertips!

Respectfully,
rochaz
- We do not want them to suspend disbelief in the way they would in theater and story. We want them to think critically and observe carefully. Our job is to force them to believe in magic even against their better judgment.”
Whit Hayden

:Juan R Rocha:
jsereb
View Profile
New user
58 Posts

Profile of jsereb
Ingenious. I just checked out 2 youtube clips on this and it reminded me how much good, yet oft forgotten, material is in the 13 steps book. This'll be on my holiday list!!!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Osterlind 13 Steps DVD's - Wow (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL