The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Forcing Deck (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Bryce
View Profile
New user
Oxon, UK
93 Posts

Profile of Bryce
I have a need to force objects using a deck but it can't be a playing card deck with stickers on it. Ideally I would want to fully customise the deck to my requirements. All suggestions are welcomed.
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18816 Posts

Profile of IAIN
Card shark...

or just use blank business card stock really...

don't overthink it...
I've asked to be banned
Bryce
View Profile
New user
Oxon, UK
93 Posts

Profile of Bryce
Must also add that I want the deck to be in the spectator's hands.
Bryce
View Profile
New user
Oxon, UK
93 Posts

Profile of Bryce
Ian what is card shark?
Rocketeer
View Profile
Special user
Westchester, NY
965 Posts

Profile of Rocketeer
Try plaincards.com. Might be just what you're looking for.
I'm selling my hardcover autographed limited edition copy of Jerome Finley's "Thought Veil"

PM me for info.
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18816 Posts

Profile of IAIN
Google!

but if you want to force something, and its in the specs hands, you can apply certain traditional gimmicked decks to other material...

the c**-d****r force for example could also be used with a non-gimmicked set up...
I've asked to be banned
Bryce
View Profile
New user
Oxon, UK
93 Posts

Profile of Bryce
I do not want to be overly controlling in my instructions though. The CD force has too much procedural involvement for what I require.
Looch
View Profile
Inner circle
Off by
3449 Posts

Profile of Looch
How many objects do you need to force?
My Mentalism Products: https://www.readmymind.co.uk/
Bookings: https://looch.co.uk/
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18816 Posts

Profile of IAIN
I'm not here to change your mind!

and there's always more than one way to skin a cat...you may not have to force in the traditional sense at all...but good luck in your search...
I've asked to be banned
Bryce
View Profile
New user
Oxon, UK
93 Posts

Profile of Bryce
I need to force two objects but I realise this will require a deck switch with two forcing decks. What I need is a force deck with minimal instructions to the participant. At first I attempted to use cards with all the same object on each card but it cannot be displayed.
JAlenS
View Profile
Inner circle
Oklahoma
1522 Posts

Profile of JAlenS
See the Looch - Your Thoughts are Mine DVD and The Collector specifically. It sounds somewhere around what you are looking for and very easy to create.
necroloid
View Profile
Special user
Kadar knows all and sees all of my
918 Posts

Profile of necroloid
Hi you should check out Bill Abbot's Customizable Smart-Ass deck. It is basicaly a blank smart-ass deck that you can customise and the spec can handle( but not examine)
Very good product.
Edit Just noticed that you need to force two objects. you might use 2 decks if possible, but otherwise the Smart-Ass deck my not be what you are looking for.
RicHeka
View Profile
Inner circle
3999 Posts

Profile of RicHeka
Quote:
On 2009-10-10 18:05, Bryce wrote:
Must also add that I want the deck to be in the spectator's hands.

I think the cut d****r f***e may suit your needs.[can easily be set for a second object].

edit:I just noticed IAIN already suggested it.[I am not surprised] Smile
RicHeka
View Profile
Inner circle
3999 Posts

Profile of RicHeka
Quote:
On 2009-10-10 18:19, Bryce wrote:
I do not want to be overly controlling in my instructions though. The CD force has too much procedural involvement for what I require.

The impression of procedural involvement can vanish...IMO,if the presentation is well planned.
gabelson
View Profile
Inner circle
conscientious observer
2086 Posts

Profile of gabelson
Two consecutive CD'er forces work well for me- the first one done by the mage as an example, the next, in the spec's hands.
Spellbinder
View Profile
Inner circle
The Holy City of East Orange, NJ
6438 Posts

Profile of Spellbinder
You're looking for a range force with a range of two. Jim Gerrish's "Brainpower" in The Wizards' Journal #12 will show you how to do this with a regular deck of playing cards, and then you can apply the principle to any deck you have in mind without resorting to a "forcing deck" of any type.
Professor Spellbinder

Professor Emeritus at the Turkey Buzzard Academy of Magik, Witchcraft and Wizardry

http://www.magicnook.com

Publisher of The Wizards' Journals
praetoritevong
View Profile
Regular user
Sydney, Australia
139 Posts

Profile of praetoritevong
Quote:
On 2009-10-10 21:28, gabelson wrote:
Two consecutive CD'er forces work well for me- the first one done by the mage as an example, the next, in the spec's hands.

You can force two cards that way with the single force, à la Welcome to the Firm - "The Witness".
RicHeka
View Profile
Inner circle
3999 Posts

Profile of RicHeka
Quote:
On 2009-10-10 23:52, praetoritevong wrote:
Quote:
On 2009-10-10 21:28, gabelson wrote:

You can force two cards that way with the single force, à la Welcome to the Firm - "The Witness".

Of course.However,the way I like to do this is:Do the first CDF;lay the face up cards aside;remove the 1st.force card;place the cards in hand on the face up pile;Repeat CDF;remove 2nd.force card.
Paul Brook
View Profile
Special user
UK
667 Posts

Profile of Paul Brook
I'd highly recommend the 'Double Blank Svengali Decks'...now who sells those? Smile

It is possible also to force two object with a single deck, this is covered in the eBook that you get when you purchase.

*Plug Terminated* Smile

Cheers,

-Paul
PAUL BROOK

He Knows Shop - All of my mentalism books, PDFs and props Smile

Certified Mentalism A beautifully illustrated hardback book full of real world mentalism Smile

FREE MENTALISM Free hard-hitting effects, routines and methods, just a click away Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Forcing Deck (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.21 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL