The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » The "First" STUART CUMBERLAND (mentalist) (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
17675 Posts

Profile of Slim King
What's the story on this guy?
Is this CD good? Does anyone have the materials contained within?
http://www.miraclefactory.net/cumberland.htm

I'm starting to gain interests in the older mentalists. (CAREERS that is Smile ) What's the bottom line on Stuart?
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
Stuart Cumberland
View Profile
Loyal user
289 Posts

Profile of Stuart Cumberland
Stuart Cumberland was a brilliant writer. His stories were very entertaining.

Based on the list, there are several books missing (perhaps they are the "bonus" books). The Queen's Highway, for example, was a brilliant book on Canada's coast to coast railway. Perhaps Todd was focusing only on the mentalism related products. But, at $20 bucks, it's hard to beat.

It's ALWAYS good to learn about the history of mentalists.

SC
Stuart Cumberland
Torkova
View Profile
Regular user
Astoria, NY
192 Posts

Profile of Torkova
No less than Houdini himself (who rarely gave another credit) said that Stuart Cumberland was the world's ultimate authority on Anti-Spiritualism. Not to mention his brilliant career as one of the original mentalists using contact mind-reading. I for one am very much looking forward to reading his writings.

Torkova
DrTodd
View Profile
Inner circle
1939 Posts

Profile of DrTodd
But is the collection good?
StuartNolan
View Profile
Elite user
479 Posts

Profile of StuartNolan
Some of his work is available out of copyright online.. http://www.archive.org/search.php?query=......t%20C%22

But I'm still probably going to get this collection. It looks like it has lots of goodies.
"One should always be a little improbable." - Oscar Wilde
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
17675 Posts

Profile of Slim King
Thanks Stuart.
I can at least see if I like his writing style. I honestly don't read much, so it helps if I enjoy reading the authors thoughts Smile
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
17675 Posts

Profile of Slim King
I found this ... Anyone else interested in this guy?

https://archive.org/stream/thoughtreader......mode/2up
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » The "First" STUART CUMBERLAND (mentalist) (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL