The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Smooth as silk » » Silk to Egg with a nice idea!!! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Walking Bob
View Profile
Elite user
494 Posts

Profile of Walking Bob
I mentioned this idea a few months back and now have returned to update the post. During a few shows while performing silk to egg I realized that when I broke the real egg I was risking getting some egg on the floor which in many cases was a nice living room setting, or my magic table. I didn't really like either option so I came up with an easy but very effective idea that I think many of you will find worthwhile. I cut a steel rod to fit inside my glass about an inch from the top and glued it permanently inside. With it being silver in color it is for the most part invisible. When it comes time to break the egg I can now easily break the egg with one hand in the middle of the glass without any fear of making a mess. Same great effect without the cleanup. I have used this in my last few shows and it has worked great. A stress free ending to a great effect. I actually drilled to holes in the glass and fit the rod tightly in place and also used glue.

Walking Bob in Iowa

P.S. Silk to Egg is a classic of magic and it still kills!!!
Bob Sanders
View Profile
Grammar Supervisor
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20534 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
Walking Bob in Iowa,

That is a great idea followed by something we don't see enough of: ACTION!

Thank you!

Bob Sanders
Magic By Sander

PS --- Shouldn't we change the topic title to "Silk to Egg with a Great idea!!!"?
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
JamesTong
View Profile
Eternal Order
Malaysia
11213 Posts

Profile of JamesTong
Thanks, Walking Bob in Iowa, for the neat idea. It is certainly less messy this way.
nonvpro
View Profile
Inner circle
1844 Posts

Profile of nonvpro
Great idea! I'm going to give it a try.
brody
View Profile
Inner circle
Omaha
1313 Posts

Profile of brody
Couldn't you hold the glass at about a 45 degree angle and break the egg on the uppermost edge? Any dribblage should spill into the cup.

Posted: Oct 14, 2009 9:08pm
Ps: I tried the effect about 10 times today, as an experiment. Didn't lose a dribble once.
trickychaz
View Profile
Special user
West Virginia
549 Posts

Profile of trickychaz
I have never had any trouble with the egg getting on their floor while breaking it over the glass. I have had one break before the show even began on their floor...ouch....not good when you want a repeat show. Luckily they were shampooing the carpets soon!

Charles
Bob Sanders
View Profile
Grammar Supervisor
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20534 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
A little hint I learned from a real French chef is to let the real eggs get room temperature before the show. The shells crack better.

Bob Sanders
Magic By Sander
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
MagicWGH
View Profile
Regular user
Covington, LA
164 Posts

Profile of MagicWGH
Good idea WalkingBob. Do you pull the egg back up so the audience can see the yolk drip? Or were you having spillage when doing that as well?
Walking Bob
View Profile
Elite user
494 Posts

Profile of Walking Bob
Hello

I performed a house party on New Year's Eve and again silk to egg kills!!! The house was $500.000 or more and I really felt comfortable when I broke the egg on the bar of the glass, knowing there was no danger of spilling anything on the carpet. I simply break the egg with one hand on the bar across the glass the rest takes care of itself.

The only problem I have with Silk to Egg is I wonder why I didn't start performing it sooner.

Happy New Year!!!

Walking Bob
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Smooth as silk » » Silk to Egg with a nice idea!!! (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL