The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Invisible Compromise Billets (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Psychological Mind Reading Illusionist
View Profile
Regular user
151 Posts

Profile of Psychological Mind Reading Illusionist
Hi,
Is there any way you can make center tears or peeks into an invisible compromise?

The only way I could imagine is to do it pre-stage.

-Johnny
ElliottB
View Profile
Inner circle
3250 Posts

Profile of ElliottB
Please forgive my ignorance, but what is an invisible compromise?

Elliott
Lord Of The Horses
View Profile
Inner circle
5406 Posts

Profile of Lord Of The Horses
Elliott,

An invisible compromise is something ALL politicians do (and deny they ever did in case they were caught).
Then you'll rise right before my eyes, on wings that fill the sky, like a phoenix rising!
View Profile
Regular user
151 Posts

Hello Paolo Cavalli, I bought your ATHOS couple of weeks ago and it is brilliant! Now that's a great routine with an invisible compromise. I'm thinking of a routine with a spectator reading a spectators mind, do you think it's possible with the ATHOS or will it be obvious?

-Johnny
RickDangerous
View Profile
Special user
I can't believe I made
974 Posts

Profile of RickDangerous
Hi Johnny,

welcome to the Café. I'm pretty sure you heard about Derren Brown's talk on "invisible compromise", I guess you've seen his lecture video and that's where your question comes from.

Use the search button, you'll find plenty of talk about billets and how to make them "invisible".

p.s.: It's called preshow
"Reality is what you can get away with."
Robert A. Wilson

"Think for yourself and question authority."
Timothy Leary
Lord Of The Horses
View Profile
Inner circle
5406 Posts

Profile of Lord Of The Horses
Quote:
On 2009-10-12 11:20, Psychological Mind Reading Illusionist wrote:
Hello Paolo Cavalli, I bought your ATHOS couple of weeks ago and it is brilliant! Now that's a great routine with an invisible compromise. I'm thinking of a routine with a spectator reading a spectators mind, do you think it's possible with the ATHOS or will it be obvious?

-Johnny

Psychological Mind Reading Illusionist,

I'm not sure to fully understand what you have in mind but here's my personal opinion.

I created ATHOS out of MY need of presenting something like that without my participants understand what really is going on, method wise.

Now, I know some people is quite happy to use some "blistered" playing card value on a finger and to cue a participant with that. To me this is equal to letting the participant in on the secret method (aka making your participant a sort of instant stooge) and that is a NO in MY agenda.
Then you'll rise right before my eyes, on wings that fill the sky, like a phoenix rising!
r1z08
View Profile
Inner circle
1158 Posts

Profile of r1z08
LOTH,
What is this "DIRECTIONAL MIND PATHS" that you suggest me to read? Just curious.

Oh, and looks for my "Thoughts Across" to hit your inbox very soon.

-rob
Alel
View Profile
Special user
Bay Area
668 Posts

Profile of Alel
Quote:
On 2009-10-12 12:02, r1z08 wrote:
LOTH,
What is this "DIRECTIONAL MIND PATHS" that you suggest me to read? Just curious.

Oh, and looks for my "Thoughts Across" to hit your inbox very soon.

-rob

OT: Yeah, Ive been curious about the same thing, too.
Jonathan
View Profile
Inner circle
Oklahoma
1223 Posts

Profile of Jonathan
Psychological mind reading illusionist, I hope you have your account set to log you in automatically, because I'd hate to type that in every time! lol
Tom Jorgenson
View Profile
Inner circle
LOOSE ANGLES, CALIFORNIA
4451 Posts

Profile of Tom Jorgenson
As well. Doesn't Google. Price? Source?

Thanks.
We dance an invisible dance to music they cannot hear.
View Profile
Regular user
151 Posts

Quote:
On 2009-10-12 13:36, Jonathan wrote:
Psychological mind reading illusionist, I hope you have your account set to log you in automatically, because I'd hate to type that in every time! lol

lol yea when I was creating this account I was thinking about what I would say if I had to describe what I did; thus, the name psychological mind reading illusionist. = )
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Invisible Compromise Billets (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL