The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Singing the Praises of Chamberlain's Lotion (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
ralphs007
View Profile
Inner circle
1087 Posts

Profile of ralphs007
Quote:
On 2010-01-15 10:14, Justin Hart wrote:
Yes Ralph, I have used both. I found huskers to be way too tacky. Chamberlain's is the better of the two IMHO. Both are glycerin based, however, huskers is really thick leading me to believe that there is way more glycerin in it than golden touch. Go with Chamberlain's if you can get it.

Hi
Thank you!
"You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him".
James D. Miles
ralphs007
View Profile
Inner circle
1087 Posts

Profile of ralphs007
Quote:
On 2010-01-15 12:00, mr.nemo wrote:
Hey Ralph

just a quick question is huskers readily available or is it just as much of a mission as chamberlain's , I mean do you just get it at the pharmacy.

Thanks
Remy

Hi
I bought mine at Wal-Mart. I live in PA , and it seams like every pharmacy carries it.
hth
"You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him".
James D. Miles
mr.nemo
View Profile
New user
62 Posts

Profile of mr.nemo
Thank you for the info will look into that and at the same time I'm on the look for a local supplier for chamberlain's.
duncancoolidge
View Profile
New user
1 Post

Profile of duncancoolidge
Is Chamberlain's Lotion the prefered hand treatment for doing
ball flairs, or are there better options? I find that my fingers are way too slippery to reliably complete multiple passes. Is there a known source for Chamberlain's in the US?
Thanks
ralphs007
View Profile
Inner circle
1087 Posts

Profile of ralphs007
Quote:
On 2010-01-15 10:14, Justin Hart wrote:
Yes Ralph, I have used both. I found huskers to be way too tacky. Chamberlain's is the better of the two IMHO. Both are glycerin based, however, huskers is really thick leading me to believe that there is way more glycerin in it than golden touch. Go with Chamberlain's if you can get it.

Hi Justin
My Chamberlain's lotion came today. You were 100% right when you said go with chamberlain's lotion over corn huskers lotion.
Thanks again
Ralph
James D. Miles
joseph
View Profile
Eternal Order
Please ignore my
17411 Posts

Profile of joseph
Just used some Chamberlains...Very nice, and my hands smell like a brand new haircut...
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." (Einstein)...
alibaba
View Profile
Loyal user
Hawaii
280 Posts

Profile of alibaba
I don't mean to take anything away from what's been said above; I use True Touch lotion all the time, mostly when practicing around the house. But when I go out to perform, I take a jar of Skinner's Edge Card Creme. I'm surprised it isn't more popular amongst the dry-hand fraternity. Some of it's advantages are:

1. It's not a liquid (no spills);
2. It comes in a a very small cosmetic jar that can be easily kept on one's person and quickly accessed.
3. In my case the formulation seems to work a bit better than True Touch.
4. A little goes a very long way.
I'm as real as you think I am
David Neighbors
View Profile
V.I.P.
4911 Posts

Profile of David Neighbors
Yea It's good! But I found out it does not last As long! But maybe it's just me! Smile
David Neighbors
the coinjurer
www.daveneighbors.com
magicnorm
View Profile
Special user
510 Posts

Profile of magicnorm
I've been using Chamberlains for a few years and it works great. Where do you buy True Touch. And also is Skinners Edge Card Creme the same or a different product. Thanks

Norm
alibaba
View Profile
Loyal user
Hawaii
280 Posts

Profile of alibaba
Skinner's Edge is a different product; a waxy solid at room temperature. It comes in a tiny plastic cosmetic jar (a small disk that opens) and you rub your thumb and forefinger on the stuff, then "wash" your hands to spread it around.
I'm as real as you think I am
algebraic
View Profile
Inner circle
1008 Posts

Profile of algebraic
I believe Steven's Magic carries this product.
MickeyPainless
View Profile
Inner circle
California
6065 Posts

Profile of MickeyPainless
I checked on line for any local carriers of Chamberlain's and it was said to be carried by one of our local drug stores but alas they haven't had it in years! I guess I'll order it on line!

I've had great success with Neutragena for a long time but this winter has really taken a toll on my mitts and where as it helps with conditioning it no longer gives me that little extra tack!

MMc
cperkins
View Profile
Special user
700 Posts

Profile of cperkins
I ordered this on-line last week. I ordered just one spray bottle (new scent) which was like $4.50 plus a few bucks to ship. A very small order but bingo, a few days later there it was in the mail.

When all is said and done, this is a very easy way to get the Chamberlains.
To see a difficult thing lightly handled gives the impression of the impossible.
(Goethe)
lorenwade
View Profile
Special user
869 Posts

Profile of lorenwade
I ordered some last week as well and am expecting arrival soon.

I also bought an atomizer online, which is used by women to carry their perfume with them. It's plastic and will fit perfectly in one of my coin magic prop bags.
jedoonatmagic
View Profile
Loyal user
FL/residing temp. TX
228 Posts

Profile of jedoonatmagic
You know..., I've grabbed myself a bottle to try it out. And you know..., it didn't do much for me and my dry hands. Before Chamberlain's, I had been using Corn Husker's lotion(Walmart). CH works great for me when handling coins. But as far as cards go, I would have to let it ware off a little. I guess Chamberlain's work for most, but for others with really dry hands like I have...there's Corn Husker's lotion.
One for the money...., 2 for a pass..., 3 for a Fly..., and 4 for matrix!
bobn3
View Profile
Special user
Wichita, KS
718 Posts

Profile of bobn3
Stevens Magic carries Chamberlain's:

http://www.stevensmagic.com/index.php?ma......d=111940

Bob Phillips
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
4247 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
Amazing. For me, Cornhuskers doesn't work because it doesn't give me enough tack! Others here say they have dry skin problems and Cornhuskers is too tacky for them. Man, I must have REALLY dry hands!

The only thing, for me, that works for cards is the SPRAY bottle (NOT the cream in a tube) of Zim's Crack Creme. Couple of squirts on the hands and rub in.

For coins, Zim's is not quite enough. Have to go with either violin rosin or bowler's ProGrip. Sometimes, if I combine cards with coins, I use Zims, with rosin or progrip on critical areas of the hands for coins. Lasts a good long time.
My ex-cat was named "Muffin". "Vomit" would be a better name for her. AKA "The Evil Ball of Fur".
Flashy
View Profile
New user
Originally from the UK but now in Canada
13 Posts

Profile of Flashy
Does anyone know if Chamberlains is available in Canada?
lorenwade
View Profile
Special user
869 Posts

Profile of lorenwade
They will ship internationally.
dlcmagic
View Profile
Special user
887 Posts

Profile of dlcmagic
Just purchased some from Stevens Magic. Still trying it out on gigs and comparing it to Grants liquid.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Singing the Praises of Chamberlain's Lotion (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL