The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Best way to make a rabbit appear in a living room show.. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Regan
View Profile
Inner circle
U.S.A.
5726 Posts

Profile of Regan
I have quite a few bunny production boxes. I recently sold a Bunny Gift Surprise, and I guess I need to part with some others I have not used in a while. My favorite is Abbott's Elusive Bunny Box. I use a Super Pan a lot too. I also own the Flash Appearance that Ross mentioned, a Mirror Box, Pagoda-style Production Box, Rainbow House.......probably more, but that's all I can think of right now.

Regan
Mister Mystery
greatscott
View Profile
Special user
595 Posts

Profile of greatscott
Yes, the elusive bunny box is a very good production. I recently purchased one, here on the Café, and I love it
Mark Boody Illusionist
View Profile
Inner circle
1367 Posts

Profile of Mark Boody Illusionist
The production piece I use is Test Tube Bunny, which I purchased from
Dazzling Magic.

However I produce her early in the show & tell the kids after the show they can have a meet & greet with the rabbit. You may want to read Marty Hahnes article concerning rabbits on the Dazzling Magics website. Some great info there!

Mark
Only he who can see the invisible can do the impossible. Frank L. Gaines
Kevinr
View Profile
Inner circle
1854 Posts

Profile of Kevinr
I know there are many products to produce a rabbit there has to be ATLEAST one hundred. I just don't want to buy all one hundred either..

I own a rabbit already it walks around my house like a cat and is cat litter trained. I have used her in tricks already.

I am just looking for a better prop.

Bigger impact much more deceptive for adult and kids to enjoy in a living room show.

Any idea?

I thought about doing a "where did the bunny" go similar to the "wher did the duck go."
Paul Rathbun
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
2543 Posts

Profile of Paul Rathbun
Can the people that posted a specific device above post a link to the ones they suggest? Thanks.
Kevinr
View Profile
Inner circle
1854 Posts

Profile of Kevinr
I agree. I know there are a lot of great effects with a rabbit and it sure would be nice to hear your experince with the ones you feel is the best and a link to where to get one.

Thanks.
Kevinr
View Profile
Inner circle
1854 Posts

Profile of Kevinr
Rabbit Effects anyone.. Are you all afraid of wabbits?
Alan Munro
View Profile
Inner circle
Kentwood, Michigan, USA
5952 Posts

Profile of Alan Munro
Quote:
On 2009-10-15 13:48, stempleton wrote:
Quote:
On 2009-10-15 12:52, Alan Munro wrote:
I used to use a Rabbit Wringer in the show and found it to be a great prop for birthday parties. Kids could pet the rabbit before the show and he remained on display during. Then, the rabbit was put in the prop, wrung out and then restored. The rabbit spent very little time in the box and was back on display so that the kids could pet him after the show.

Alan:
Did the rabbit distract from the attention of the children? I have often thought about something like this as well, but didn't know if I would have to compete for their focus.

The rabbit was on display before the show, so the kids had a chance to get accustom to his presence. At small parties, they had a chance to pet him, too. He didn't distract if there was plenty of room to spread out the equipment. Problems would only occur if the rabbit could jump from his table over to another surface, in an attempt to explore the area. If there were no other surfaces he could jump to, he stayed put.
Regan
View Profile
Inner circle
U.S.A.
5726 Posts

Profile of Regan
As I said, the Elusive Bunny Box is my favorite. It is one of the most deceptive rabbit production boxes that I know of. It is available at Abbott's.

Regan
Mister Mystery
Beowulf
View Profile
Loyal user
Thomas A. Lilly
284 Posts

Profile of Beowulf
I use the Elusive Bunny Box, but I changed the silk to show two red eyes and a set of snagily teeth to fit patter about imagining up a monster, the abominable snowman; the blow-off is my red eyed Himalayan.

I also use a Chalet balloon to bunny and a Rainbow Paint Factory. I've built two additional finale houses for the RPF, one decorated for Halloween and the other for Christmas with the original repainted as a beach house.

The props and a box w the bunny are in my steamer trunk, and Beowulf T. Wonderbunny is loaded right on stage just before the prop is lifted out of the trunk.
wally
View Profile
Inner circle
1830 Posts

Profile of wally
HANSA 13½" SNOW RABBIT SOFT TOY take the stuffing out,???
Mumblemore
View Profile
Inner circle
1429 Posts

Profile of Mumblemore
I like the Barry Mitchell Presto Pet Production and the Wacky Wolf Funhouse. The first looks like a cage and lends itself to byplay when you leave door open and then produce rabbit after looking all over. Second a great production using balloons and birthday kid. Both are fantastic.
A Birthday Magician
View Profile
Regular user
191 Posts

Profile of A Birthday Magician
Elusive bunny box? I am guessing the rabbit does not sit flat but is on a wedge...can anyone advise please.
pbj100
View Profile
Special user
516 Posts

Profile of pbj100
For me supreme rainbow house, quality props ribbon to rabbit. Or practical magic ringmaster rabbit production
Phil
A Birthday Magician
View Profile
Regular user
191 Posts

Profile of A Birthday Magician
Rainbow house is a my closer for 15 years, great prop and you can weave a good act around it...and the Rabbit sits on all fours
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Jumbo Rabbit or Animal Production Die Box http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sTyk4N9x8Uk
Mike Brezler
View Profile
Inner circle
Waynesboro, Pa.
1114 Posts

Profile of Mike Brezler
I use a drawer box that looks like a circus wagon. I built it with the help of a carpenter friend.
In the past I used a mirror box and it wasn't roomy enough for my Holland Lop. He is pretty big at 5 1/2 pounds. My wife puts him in the box right before I have the Birthday child make him appear. My bunny is litter trained and gets along well with our cats. We don't let the children hold him. They all get to pet him and he is sweet and he licks my face at home.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Best way to make a rabbit appear in a living room show.. (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL