The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » Peta vs. Ringling Bros. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
T-RAY
View Profile
Inner circle
1539 Posts

Profile of T-RAY
I don't know if this has been posted or not......check it out.....JZ how much of this is needed?

http://www.ringlingbeatsanimals.com/?c=ringlingyt0709
rossmacrae
View Profile
Inner circle
Arlington, Virginia
2448 Posts

Profile of rossmacrae
(Yawn...) Again. Seems to be perpetual.

Excuse me, it's dinner time - I have to go eat an animal.
reese
View Profile
Inner circle
of Hell
1261 Posts

Profile of reese
I never wanted to submit a reply to this topic; but....

I've seen first-hand elephants severely mistreated by Ringling ( And I really wished I hadn't)

After 50 years of surviving marginally as a human, I am for animal rights.

Just shoot me if you don't agree. And then eat me for the protein.

You schmucks.

Love, Tim
T-RAY
View Profile
Inner circle
1539 Posts

Profile of T-RAY
Tim, that's why I was asking Jim.....he's had experience working with elephants.
MagiciennesUnlimited
View Profile
Regular user
of the phrase 'Bite Me'.
197 Posts

Profile of MagiciennesUnlimited
Ok.

Animal mistreatment is wrong. I will never argue that.

However, the wrongs of PETA are far worse.

Watch P&T's Bulls@@it episode on PETA. The organization is absolutley disgraceful, with thousands of followers, completely oblivious that they support this evil.

I hate them.
Sia Synn
www.siasynn.com

"Pain solves everything" -Russ Fox's T-Shirt
thegreatnippulini
View Profile
Inner circle
of Hell because I've made
2589 Posts

Profile of thegreatnippulini
In their defense, they had every right to outcry the horrible cruel murder of a fly caused by the current POTUS.
The Great Nippulini: body piercer, Guinness World Record holder, blacksmith and man with The World's Strongest Nipples! Does the WORLD care? We shall see...
http://www.greatnippulini.com
MagiciennesUnlimited
View Profile
Regular user
of the phrase 'Bite Me'.
197 Posts

Nips, your posts always make me smile! lol

http://youtube.com/watch?desktop_uri=%2F......jLulwUTY

...for anyone looking for a link to the episode.
Sia Synn
www.siasynn.com

The Curator of the Unusual
View Profile
Inner circle
Tampa FL
1399 Posts

Profile of The Curator of the Unusual
Todd Ray
That video is a Joke...To Reese and Peta it looks like abuse...To me it is the same thing I see every day at the Grocery store or at Wal-mart...A wife naggin on her Husband....What did he do to the Elephant other than make the Elephant think the same thing a Husband thinks?...Geez what a pain in the @ss!...I am sure that fella learned a lesson from PETA....Quit bein a Pest...cause now everyone knows it!...in fact, if he's smart he will thank PETA for pointin outhow annoying He can Be!....But Did He Hurt or abuse the Elephant?...NO....
You come to a point in your life when you really don't care what people think about you, you just care what you think about yourself.
Evel Knievel

View Profile
Inner circle
Tampa FL
1399 Posts

On a Further note to Reese...are you educated on what qualifys as abuse...or Perhaps are you assuming what you saw is abuse based on what PETA tells you?...
You come to a point in your life when you really don't care what people think about you, you just care what you think about yourself.
Evel Knievel

View Profile
Inner circle
Tampa FL
1399 Posts

Todd Ray

I was in my 6-legged steer's pen the other day pickin up processed Hay & grain and ole Sonny stepped on my Foot, I said "God-D@mn Sonny" as I bopped him in the Head to get him to move off my foot...Some Lady knawin on a Cheeseburger told me that was abuse...I told her "In your opinion maybe, Your eatin yours!"...She shut up and moved on to the Chupacabra...sheepishly Imight add...
Evel Knievel

MagiciennesUnlimited
View Profile
Regular user
of the phrase 'Bite Me'.
197 Posts

Agreed Curator!

My wrestler\boxer dad raised us on a horse farm for a while. Our arabian stallion bucked my then 8 year old brother off onto the paddock fence.

Animals are not stupid. They test boundries like any of us.

Dad right hooked the horse in the kisser. It got off it's knees, gave it's head a shake, and never acted violently to a human again.

Sometimes we all need a shot in the heads, animals and humans.

This isn't evil. It's nature.
Sia Synn
www.siasynn.com

T-RAY
View Profile
Inner circle
1539 Posts

Profile of T-RAY
Jim, that's what I was wondering. Elephants are big animals with thick skin......I don't want peta to try to destroy the Circus. Everyone needs to understand that many people, in politically powerful positions, do not know what they speak of.......however, they can alter our world with their ignorance. Someone on the circus side should be combatting this image instead of paying off settlements. I had a woman tell me that my Two Headed Turtles were going to drown in 2 inches of water.....I had to remind her that they are water turtles and their shell was sticking out of the water (they could just lift their heads right out of the water)! She saw a moment when one head wanted to go one way...and the other head wanted to go another way.......the struggle to her looked like drowning. Later, I got a visit from an animal control officer who said they had received a report of animal cruelty! When the officer saw the turtles, she laughed and said she knew it had to be a joke. It was aggravating though to have to deal with the headache and nervousness......I just stood my ground and demonstrated the way I treat our animals and refused to hear the lies. Ringling had better work on their animal rights image....or they will just have to keep paying out or shutting down the old circus.
View Profile
Inner circle
Tampa FL
1399 Posts

Ringling is Holding thier ground, they are in a Industry changing Lawsuit right now...the problem is AR groups have a Load of money...and different Factions can file suits in different parts of the country, it takes Deep pockets to defend oneself...Imagine if 10 people filed 10 different suits against you and your turtles...Think what the Lawyers fees would be to prove your innocent...even if you won...the suits would keep coming till your pockets ran dry....sad isn't it...
Evel Knievel

Kondini
View Profile
Inner circle
3612 Posts

Profile of Kondini
We lost out years back with the underground investigation into the Chipperfield scenario.

The US has a much more liberal attitude to Circus which will backfire if the anti`s get fodder to use against it. This has finished the animal acts over here for good.

I had a massive run in with the RSPCA when an officer from Brighton tried to charge me with abuse to a Python (His claim that backing track music was causing anxiety to the snake was upheld by the Brighton area Council) I let them hang themselves up to the last minet before explaining that Monty couldn't hear, only pick up on vibration.

They checked it out,,,claim got dismissed,,,no charges made.

No apology,,,the Brighton Inspector (Mr Mead) Remains in his well paid job,,,all the paperwork to the case vanished overnight !

Three months later we had a 10pm house call by the RSPCA, they claimed it was a random check !!! (At 10pm) To see our vavarium set ups for the reptiles.
An hour later we were given a clean bill of health and commended on our care.

I followed up with a request for their findings to be put into print as an acolade for us. They refused !

Complaints to them by us followed,,,no replies, no returned calls, just a big silence.

We dropped all animal involvement during the following season as the first three gigs were stalked by the RSPCA.

Chipperfields lost all due to the antis,,,the problem is if anything is given as amunition to these idiots, they will be believed rightly or wrongly.....The nanny state culture is with us and its here to stay. Only a matter of time before the US shows will be as in the UK and my definition of Circus (With Animals) Will vanish forever.

Ken.
Roslyn
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
3404 Posts

Profile of Roslyn
I love the video.

"Even bees are persecuted by the man!"

BEES!!! Brilliant!
The Magic Cafe account of The Conwy Jester, Erwyd le Fol formerly known as Roslyn Walker.
My home online
Join me on Facebook
Follow me on twitter
Fitz
View Profile
Elite user
Phoenix, AZ
476 Posts

Profile of Fitz
T-Ray if you are worried about being harassed in the future you should install a cctv system. My solutions to a lot of problems is security cameras. I have not seen your place yet but I assume you could install cameras on any living exhibits you have. Most DVRs will record and save the video for around 2 weeks. If someone complains about you and the officials come in you can show them the "tape". If you need an installer let me know it was what I did for a living before I got this dream job.

Fitz
I have a daily web show all about magic at http://FitzMagic.info
KBLV
View Profile
Regular user
Las Vegas
188 Posts

Profile of KBLV
As a Ringling Clown in '86, I rode one of Gunther Gebel Williams' elephants for 10 minutes during every show. I never witnessed one single act of cruelty toward ANY of the animals on the show.
reese
View Profile
Inner circle
of Hell
1261 Posts

Profile of reese
I'm not educated. What I saw with my eyes is translated by my brain. I could very well be mistaken. And... I swat flies & gnats & skeeters. And... I support the rights of animals. I've seen too much suffering in my old age not to have an opinion.

Best to y'all,
Tim
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7445 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
I think this whole thing is sensationalized beyond belief. Are there bad trainers.sure very few. But unless you have trained animals or elephants you have no idea what they are doing when they correct and animal. If you let the animal continue to do as he pleases, you will have no end of trouble. Like a child if you correct and love it, the animal will respond.

Peta very carefully chosen their web name to make it like like Ringing Bros. was involved with the site. They lost that suit in court. But quickly came up with another close name that confuses people.

Here in Ohio, we have a state issue on the ballot next month that will create basically an animal welfare board. Basically, it is an effort to out maneuver PETA before they drive the the family farms out of business. The board will consist of family farmers, vets, Ohio State Ag. professors, humane society people and a good cross section of people who understand animals. I certainly hope this passes. It does not seem to be a heavily regulated goverment agency thing but more of a common sense approach.

Back to the issue of elephants, I suggest that you read some of the articles written by Circus people in the know. Buckles Blog by Bill "Buckles" Woodcock is one of the best on elephant. Bill has forgotten more about elephants that most people could ever know. Check it out and see what elephant training is really about.

Richard
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
View Profile
Inner circle
Tampa FL
1399 Posts

Bravo..Richard!...Buckles Blog is a must veiw...
Evel Knievel

The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » Peta vs. Ringling Bros. (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL