The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Paper money madness! » » Has Handout been released yet? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Anyone purchased Handout yet? If so, how would you review it?
Iain Moran
View Profile
Special user
Manchester, England
693 Posts

Profile of Iain Moran
Quote:
On 2009-10-16 07:28, Dynamike wrote:
Anyone purchased Handout yet? If so, how would you review it?

Don't think it's actually been released yet.

Iain.
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
To be more specific, it is called Handout 500. My Bad.
Darth_Prime
View Profile
Veteran user
322 Posts

Profile of Darth_Prime
I thought it was going to be released sometime in October? I could be wrong though
Steve Haynes
View Profile
Inner circle
Southeastern United States
1119 Posts

Profile of Steve Haynes
It is released.
You can check latest and greatest for more info.
S
mmreed
View Profile
Inner circle
Harrisburg, PA
1432 Posts

Profile of mmreed
Its out - just dealers are waiting for the supplies to arrive.

Murphys expects them any day - I should know haha I have a ton on order for all the pre-orders Ive sold.

If you guys have not seen Hand Out - check out the video (we have it on our site if you cant find it) I looks AMAZING. Can't wait to make this part of my own routine.
Mark Reed
Wedding and Event Entertainment
rannie
View Profile
Inner circle
4375 Posts

Profile of rannie
Can this be done with any currency? Ours have different colors? I really like this effect but no one can seem to tell me if it would work. This looks great!
"If you can't teach an old dog new tricks, trick the old dog to learn."

-Rannie Raymundo-
aka The Boss
aka The Manila Enforcer

www.rannieraymundo.com
www.tapm.proboards80.net
cpcheng
View Profile
New user
14 Posts

Profile of cpcheng
I think the only restriction is they have to be the same size... I assume it doesn't have to be the same colors, but it might help.. *shrug*
mmreed
View Profile
Inner circle
Harrisburg, PA
1432 Posts

Profile of mmreed
Different colors are fine - size is the main factor.
Mark Reed
rannie
View Profile
Inner circle
4375 Posts

Profile of rannie
Thank you gentlemen!
"If you can't teach an old dog new tricks, trick the old dog to learn."

-Rannie Raymundo-
aka The Boss
aka The Manila Enforcer

www.rannieraymundo.com
www.tapm.proboards80.net
doubletime
View Profile
New user
49 Posts

Profile of doubletime
I hear a lot about this recently, I'll be keeping an eye out for the first live performance I can see.

I've spent so much on effects these days so that I hardly have time ot try them out Smile

I'll get to this on some day too!
mmreed
View Profile
Inner circle
Harrisburg, PA
1432 Posts

Profile of mmreed
I have to say I am impressed.

After watchign the DVD and making the gaff, it is so much stronger than extreme burn - and less "messy".

Those thinking about it - its a good one! One you WILL watch and use.
Mark Reed
Mac_Stone
View Profile
Inner circle
Miami, FL
1424 Posts

Profile of Mac_Stone
Am I the only one that thinks handing out $500 to complete strangers is a bad idea? Besides I don't think it really adds anything to the effect, there is such a thing as over proving something.
mmreed
View Profile
Inner circle
Harrisburg, PA
1432 Posts

Profile of mmreed
Mac, I think the key point in this effect is when it is done, the spectators immediately think "oh, theres something in that stack of bills" even with extreme burn, it looks amazing, yet at the end the lack of examination leaves them walking away thinking "that was cool - but there MUST have been something in that stack somehow...".... its the way they rationalize what they saw. Hand Out 500 takes that rationalization away now and leaves them walking away with no possible excuses in thier mind of how it happened. To me, that strength makes the effect truly magical in thier eyes and not over selling.
Mark Reed
MickeyPainless
View Profile
Inner circle
California
6065 Posts

Profile of MickeyPainless
I plan to pick this bad mamajama up tomorrow!
bsears
View Profile
Inner circle
Cincinnati, Ohio
1040 Posts

Profile of bsears
I'm with Mac on this one. I appreciate the creativity on this, but I see it as a solution for a problem that doesn't exist.

There are three reasons, imo, not to hand out the props in this trick.

1) It is unnecessary. I've been doing Hundy and Extreme Burn for many, many years without people asking to see the money. After you show all bills on both sides, you're good to go!

2) Handing out the money invites people to take it or at least pretend like they are going to steal it. It takes the performer out of control.

3) Handing out props for examination in general can turn good magic into a mere puzzle. (I believe David Regal has an excellent essay on this in his book Approaching Magic).

My opinion: Let the moment of the change stand on its own, regardless of which version you use! There is no need to weaken the effect by handing out the bills.
cardlover
View Profile
Regular user
170 Posts

Profile of cardlover
From doing this and hundy 500 handout is stronger.
The very nature of the effect gives one solution to how it is done and the solution is correct.
Handing the bills out moments after the change makes this type effect stronger,not weaker.
In geneal,you don't have to
Hand out all your props but some effects are stronger to a spectator if you do.I like the fact I have an option to hand them all out. I had mine set up for tweenties and someone asked if anyone had change for a hundred,so I said let me check and counted out my five ones and did the change and it was a wonderful moment. Most all the handlings of the multi bill change is pure eye candy and now when performing I ask for a hundred and if someone has one I have them hold it as I do the change and hand the tweenties over as I take their hundred,so I have everything covered and it is never a problem hetting the tweeties back.
It's no different than a levitation and passing a hoop over the body to cancel out the notion of support.
I use a Svengali deck but I don't use it to show all the cards are now the selection.as it would bring heat on the deck.
The invisible deck is something that never needs to be handed out because all attention is on that one face down card and not the deck itself.
Some effects are stronger because of examination and the multi bill change is one of them.
in school for scoundrels,Mr Hayden gives the spectator several hundreds to play the chain game and in the end gets all his money back,so here is a pro that hands out money and is a set part of his act,which come to think of it could make handout a nice intro into that routine.
Handout is in my opinion very well thought out,easy and makes the ending what it should be for an already wonderful effect.
It was a breath of fresh air learning and performing HandOut 500 as it was a totaly new aproach to the effect.
For what it's worth,I'm very happy with the gimmick and thinking behind HandOut.
John
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
The only ones I would hand it out to are friends or family. An average spectator might try and challenge you by placing it in their pocket.
revmike
View Profile
Special user
Annville, PA
646 Posts

Profile of revmike
AFter reading all the pros and cons about this, I think I am going to have to pick it up to try it out. I admit I do like the idea of being able to hand out the bills, but I also believe it certainly isn't necessary.
The magic is not in our sleights and illusions, but instead in our ability to bring love and joy.
jedoonatmagic
View Profile
Loyal user
FL/residing temp. TX
228 Posts

Profile of jedoonatmagic
The Handout is a great solution to the couple of problems with the multiple bill change like the thickness and clean-up. The only thing I don't like much of is the construction of it. I think it's a bit more difficult than Extreme Burn. But on the plus side though...., changing out the bill for a bigger one is really simple.
One for the money...., 2 for a pass..., 3 for a Fly..., and 4 for matrix!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Paper money madness! » » Has Handout been released yet? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL