We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Coins tricks for the 13th Annual Motor City Convention (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24120 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
I want to perform some coins tricks this year at the 13th Annual Motor City Convention. But I do not know what will please the audience while the special guest are there. What coins tricks would you prefer me do? For more information, check this out:

Joshua Jay will perform items from his column in Magic Magazine as well as some of the stuff from his personal repertoire. Joshua assures me that, in spite of his recent accident, he will be ready. You will enjoy the magic of Joshua Jay.

David Neighbors is also a great addition to the convention. David has not been in this area in many years. You will see some incredible coin stuff. Be alerted that David is very approachable. Feel free to ask him any questions regarding coin magic or any kind of magic. David will be happy to answer your questions.

Oscar Munoz is a very talented performer. Oscar performs an incredible amount of both Kid Shows and Family Shows. Oscar's incredible magic combined with his hilarious comedy will leave you loving his material. Oscar is also an outstanding close-up magician. If you haven't seen his close up work, you are in for a big treat.

Last but not least is Helder Guimaraes. Most of you have probably not heard of Helder. Helder is a world champion magician. Among his many accomplishments, Helder took the 1st Place Prize for Card Magic at the 2006 F.I.S.M. Convention. Wait until you see what Helder can do with a deck of cards.

I am not about traveling there because it will take place at the Ramada Inn Of Taylor, Michigan. But I will not have much time to practice because it is November 13-15, 2009. http://www.johnlukamagic.com/

And what coin tricks you recommend I perform for the close-up contest?
harris
View Profile
Inner circle
Harris Deutsch
8696 Posts

Profile of harris
Ones that will bring joy to your audience and that your are extremely confident.
Put the Mike spin on things that folks have seen.

Of course sometimes I like to jazz things up and let the coins and the hands have a "mind of their own".

Harris "at times in the zone" deutsch
Harris Deutsch aka dr laugh
drlaugh4u@gmail.com
music, magic and marvelous toys
http://magician.org/member/drlaugh4u
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24120 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Thank you, Harris. And I like your other new avatar.
David Neighbors
View Profile
V.I.P.
4862 Posts

Profile of David Neighbors
Yea As has been said Do stuff you know well!!! This is not the time to be trying out new stuff! Most Of my stuff will be up in the air at the fingertips Only one thing will be on the table!
David Neighbors

The Coinjurer

www.coinjurer.com
pearljamjeff
View Profile
Inner circle
Ann Arbor
1245 Posts

Profile of pearljamjeff
Mike, I saw a clip of a Miser's Dream routine you performed that I thought was quite good. I think you'd do well with that at the convention.
Jeff Travilla - I own an advertising agency to help finance my magic addiction.
feher
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
1421 Posts

Profile of feher
You know this stinks, I live only five minutes from the place but can't go this year....rrrrr I would've loved to talk with Neighbors, I'm so close yet so far away. I purposely didn't look up who was coming this year knowing I wouldn't make it. What I don't know won't kill me, right? Thanks Mike.....lol

As for a coin routine, Mike do what you know already, but if you really want to do something new I can send you "Somthin or Nothin"(routine) or we can get together and go over it one on one.
Tim
Mean people SUCK!!!!!!!
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24120 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Sounds goods, David. Thanks to everyone.
harris
View Profile
Inner circle
Harris Deutsch
8696 Posts

Profile of harris
Tim, It is also difficult for me to get to conventions. It was great to meet lots of folks at the big IBM convention in close by Kansas City (2003). ..

and I took off for Boston for the big SAM convention in 2005. There I got to share on a panel discussion of use of Magic with a Message.(Freedom from Drugs Committee)

Let us know how it goes. Late night sessions (the heart of the convention) were not as easy for this guy, as they were back when I was in my 20's.

Harris
Harris Deutsch aka dr laugh
drlaugh4u@gmail.com
music, magic and marvelous toys
http://magician.org/member/drlaugh4u
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Coins tricks for the 13th Annual Motor City Convention (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL