The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Famous Newspaper Tear Question! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

ESJohn
View Profile
New user
49 Posts

Profile of ESJohn
I have experimented with many different newspaper tears, but have seen one that I have never been able to find. It is the one that Lance Burton uses in his dove act. It uses a single sheet of newsprint, not a whole paper. I have seen other magicians perform it and have yet to find it for sale or in print anywhere. If anyone knows where to find this, I would really appreciate to hear from you.

Thanks so much again!
Oliver Ross
View Profile
Inner circle
Europe
1724 Posts

Profile of Oliver Ross
Elliot,

Fielding West uses a single newspaper version. It's explained on his double DVD.

Oliver.
ESJohn
View Profile
New user
49 Posts

Profile of ESJohn
Thanks, Oliver!

Even though it's not the one I was looking for, it's a great newspaper tear and I'm glad you told me about it!
Thanks so much again Oliver,
Stanyon
View Profile
Inner circle
Landrum, S.C. by way of Chicago
3433 Posts

Profile of Stanyon
Elliot -

The one you are looking for is Neil Foster's "Center Tear". Abbott's Magic should be able to supply you with it.
Stanyon

aka Steve Taylor

"Every move a move!"

"If you've enjoyed my performance half as much as I've enjoyed performing for you, then you've enjoyed it twice as much as me!"
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
The fire effect of traveling along the torn edge is Lance Burton's idea, it is not included in the original instructions.

http://www.abbottmagic.com It is currently featured on the home page, just scroll down a bit.
ESJohn
View Profile
New user
49 Posts

Profile of ESJohn
Thanks a lot for all your help!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Famous Newspaper Tear Question! (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL