We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Halloween Walk Around (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

jondark445
View Profile
Special user
717 Posts

Profile of jondark445
I do primarily birthday parties and assembly shows....I don't do a lot of walk around but have been asked by my son's school to do some walk around for the halloween festival. Any suggestions on Halloween themed children's walk around effects (1st through fifth graders).
JimbosMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1334 Posts

Profile of JimbosMagic
Jondark
In England at the moment we can get small tennis ball size horror squeezy heads for halloween with a squeeker in.
You could do the three head monty routine. to see if they can keep their eye on the one that squeeks.
The trick is to burn another hole in it where you hold it, then when you want them to squeek cover the hole. when you don't want them to squeek don't cover the hole, this allows the air to come out that hole instead of the squeeker hole.

Hope that helps.
Jimbo
JIMMY CARLO. KIDabra International Family Entertainer of the Year 2009.
IBM Triple Award Winner. Uk Champion of Comedy Magic.
Represented the UK in the United Slapstick Awards on German TV.
European Children's Entertainer of the year 2007/8
jimhlou
View Profile
Inner circle
3645 Posts

Profile of jimhlou
I always have an Okito voodoo doll in my pocket for these walk-arounds. In a walk-around gig today I did Instant Radio, plus sponge bunnies, the invisible deck, and cap in bottle. I also had a small silk with a ghost on it that I used with a TT.

Jim
Bob Sanders
View Profile
Grammar Supervisor
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20524 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
One of the easiest (and cheapest) for Halloween walk-around is the using the Dye Tube. Get two silks alike, with a Sharpie Pen draw a ghost on one and leave the other blank.

As you go from group to group, in one group you go from a blank silk to one that has a ghost. For the next group, show them how to make the ghost disappear. (Of course all you do is just turn the Dye Tube over as you go from group to group.)

Try it!

Bob Sanders
Magic By Sander
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
ColinDymond
View Profile
Special user
Gloucestershire, England
675 Posts

Profile of ColinDymond
Jimbo.
Where have you seen the squeeky heads?
MoonRazor
View Profile
Special user
779 Posts

Profile of MoonRazor
Surrounded?! wow you are good Bob. Smile

[/quote]
On 2009-10-17 20:53, Bob Sanders wrote:
One of the easiest (and cheapest) for Halloween walk-around is the using the Dye Tube. Get two silks alike, with a Sharpie Pen draw a ghost on one and leave the other blank.

As you go from group to group, in one group you go from a blank silk to one that has a ghost. For the next group, show them how to make the ghost disappear. (Of course all you do is just turn the Dye Tube over as you go from group to group.)

Try it!

Bob Sanders
Magic By Sander
[/quote]
MoonRazor
View Profile
Special user
779 Posts

Profile of MoonRazor
Quote:
Surrounded?! wow you are good Bob. Smile
On 2009-10-17 20:53, Bob Sanders wrote:

Try it!

Bob Sanders
Magic By Sander
Spellbinder
View Profile
Inner circle
The Holy City of East Orange, NJ
6438 Posts

Profile of Spellbinder
Normally you wouldn't think of the "Ghost Hank" for walk around because the usual versions require a table, but in my "Hank, the Ghost Hank" found in The Wizards' Journal #16, Ghost Hank versions #4 and #7 can be performed in the hands of spectators, as they turn their hands palm up to be used as a "resting surface" for the "ghost." Throw in some D'Lite effects (Ghost Hank version #13) if it's dark enough and you have a nice Halloween Haunting effect.
Professor Spellbinder

Professor Emeritus at the Turkey Buzzard Academy of Magik, Witchcraft and Wizardry

http://www.magicnook.com

Publisher of The Wizards' Journals
Kevinr
View Profile
Inner circle
1854 Posts

Profile of Kevinr
Sponge Eyeballs..

You an do any sponge routine with them and look great for halloween:
http://www.penguinmagic.com/specialorderproduct.php?ID=9652

Open with these Freaky Eyes:
http://www.penguinmagic.com/specialorderproduct.php?ID=11737

Halloween Mouth Coils:
http://www.penguinmagic.com/specialorderproduct.php?ID=10428

Also that card oacket trick that makes a spider appear on there hand... I think its called "Web"
derrick
View Profile
Inner circle
I dug holes for
1044 Posts

Profile of derrick
The web can be a bit scary for kids but fun for their parents.

I also use a rising deck and have a ghost help me find the card.

Stiff rope. I say it was used to tie up violent patients before they were hypnotized to become stiff as a board and calm. Today the rope can still be hypnotized in the same way. Say "Boo!" and the rope goes limp again.

Dead finger in the box...the finger moves. Fun and easy to make.

Just a few ideas.
JimbosMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1334 Posts

Profile of JimbosMagic
It was in a pound shop colin, I think morrisons had something similar
JIMMY CARLO. KIDabra International Family Entertainer of the Year 2009.
IBM Triple Award Winner. Uk Champion of Comedy Magic.
Represented the UK in the United Slapstick Awards on German TV.
European Children's Entertainer of the year 2007/8
Tony Thomas
View Profile
Inner circle
North Carolina
1243 Posts

Profile of Tony Thomas
Egg bag with an eye ball...
From the Encouraging Magic of...
Tony Thomas
www.magictonythomas.com
kingsillusions
View Profile
New user
San Diego, CA
20 Posts

Profile of kingsillusions
You could do the Invisible Deck, a simple Rising Card or The Web (which always gets a great reaction). There is also the Box of Fear on the market, which is similar, but bulkier.

An egg bag with an eyeball does sound genius, though.
Matthew King
Bob Sanders
View Profile
Grammar Supervisor
20524 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
Don't forget how easy it is to put black cats, bats and pumpkins on silks with a Sharpie pen. Then vanish the silk as usual with a TT but your own Halloween patter.

Bob Sanders
Magic By Sander
Bob Sanders

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
MrGreggy
View Profile
Loyal user
213 Posts

Profile of MrGreggy
I have a very silly Halloween walk-around bit with a large plastic bug on my hat. I use this at the Atlanta Zoo (Boo at the Zoo), and it goes over very well.

I ask the children if they have seen my pet bug, I can't find him anywhere. I describe him, and the kids quickly figure out it's on my hat. Of course, I misunderstand and all manner of hilarity ensues. When they are pointing up to my hat, I look up and think the bug is in the tree or on the wall. When I finally get that it's my hat they are pointing to, I tell them I always wear my hat, but that's not what I'm looking for. Another response is to think they are confused, and tell them my bug does not wear a hat. This can go on for quite a while. The parents get a big kick out this also.

When I see the kids later, I tell them I found the bug and it was on my hat the whole time, and why didn't they tell me?

Simple, no magic but lots of FUN!
Bob Sanders
View Profile
Grammar Supervisor
20524 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
This is a reminder that right NOW is the time to get bargains on props you can use next Halloween for performing both stage and walk-around magic. Stores are liquidating it now.

Bob Sanders
Magic By Sander
Bob Sanders

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Halloween Walk Around (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL