The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Oldies... but goodies! » » Ramblin Rabbits (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Mental Wes
View Profile
New user
Boise, Idaho
4 Posts

Profile of Mental Wes
A bag of old tricks from a magician who passed away several years ago was donated to my local magic Ring. I grabbed an intriguing set of cards called "Ramblin Rabbits"...

It has an instruction card with it, but it makes ZERO sense whatsoever. The single instruction card was all there was with the rest of the cards (and based off what that card says, I'm pretty sure all the cards are accounted for). It doesn't even state the effect (the best it does is describe it as being like the 'old four ace trick'...which we all know REALLY narrows it down).

I have spent a couple hours trying to decipher what its purpose might be. I have also asked a couple of older magicians, whom I assumed might be more familiar with effects from its time era (if I were to guess, I'd say it was from the 70's), but they weren't familiar with it either. I tried looking on the internet for any clues, but it doesn't show up anywhere.

Normally, I would just set it aside and make my own trick out of it...but the curiosity is burning inside me as to what its original purpose/effect was. It's driving me insane. Who knows; it might be some forgotten effect that is worth re-discovering?

I was hoping that maybe one of the collectors or old-timers here might know what the trick is meant to do...

The seventeen cards themselves consist of:

9 cards of hat face, design backs
6 cards of hat face, rabbit backs
1 card of rabbit face, design back
1 gimmick card of rabbit in hat (the rabbit is a cutout that slides out of the hat) face, hat back

Any insight into this effect would be much appreciated.

--Mental Wes
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Oldies... but goodies! » » Ramblin Rabbits (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL