The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Ammar or Rubinstein Coin DVD? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

M for Magic
View Profile
Special user
673 Posts

Profile of M for Magic
Which is the better of the two following DVDs (along with Bobo's book of course) for a beginner to start learning coin work from?

Michael Ammar "The Complete Introduction to Coin Magic"
or
Michael Rubinstein "Encyclopedia Of Coin Sleights Volume 1"

Thanks,
Jeff
Catbacker
View Profile
Regular user
Manhattan, KS
145 Posts

Profile of Catbacker
I only have the Ammar DVD, but it is great! You also might want to check out David Roth's Expert Coin Magic Made Easy videos. I really like them too.

Scott
"Of course, that's just my opinion... I could be wrong." Dennis Miller
Marcelo
View Profile
New user
48 Posts

Profile of Marcelo
Rubistein´s DVD are more deeper than Ammar´s, if you think that later you will buy the other volumes, buy Rubinstein, but if you just one to buy one DVD buy Ammar´s.
M for Magic
View Profile
Special user
673 Posts

Profile of M for Magic
Which of the two has the better production value and/or teaching?
what
View Profile
Special user
Lehi, UT, USA
643 Posts

Profile of what
There is a good review at http://www.coinvanish.com which goes over Roths, Ammars and Stones videos. I think the most people consider Rubinsteins more of a reference which would compliment any of your learning tools once you have a few routines down.
Magic is fun!!!
Zap
View Profile
Regular user
181 Posts

Profile of Zap
Rubinstein's video is NOT a beginner video, despite the title. Ammar's video is a good all-in-one intro to coins. Roth's first three A-1 videos are great. Also, Brad Burt's 3 tape series is good.
VampOfVegas
View Profile
New user
Las Vegas, NV
56 Posts

Profile of VampOfVegas
If your starting out in coin magic, Ammar is where I would start. If not starting out, go to Rubinstein.
-=:Va(v)p:=-
kaitou
View Profile
New user
58 Posts

Profile of kaitou
I'd have to chime in for the Ammar DVD's, I have his, and they are a great tool for begginers, teaching what tends to look like advanced sleights, in very simple and easy to follow steps.
Eldon
View Profile
Inner circle
Virden, IL
1137 Posts

Profile of Eldon
Quote:
On 2003-06-14 18:16, Zap wrote:
Rubinstein's video is NOT a beginner video, despite the title. Ammar's video is a good all-in-one intro to coins. Roth's first three A-1 videos are great. Also, Brad Burt's 3 tape series is good.

Zap beat me to the punch. He's right on with these suggestions.
submagi
View Profile
Loyal user
216 Posts

Profile of submagi
I hear good stuff about Ammar's tape, I would go with that.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Ammar or Rubinstein Coin DVD? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL