The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » The Bar Cup (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
rmendez
View Profile
Inner circle
San Antonio, Texas
1253 Posts

Profile of rmendez
I received this from my girlfriend yesterday as a birthday gift. Perhaps the finest and most practical chop cup I've ever seen. Of the highest quality possible and a real pleasure to own and perform with. I'm only sorry I didn't pick up an extra one before they went out of stock! http://www.elmwoodmagic.com/?nd=full&key=5952
Wizard of Oz
View Profile
Inner circle
Most people wish I didn't have
5155 Posts

Profile of Wizard of Oz
Hey Mendez,
Looks cool. Can you give us more details why it is so good...please be specific. In the world of chop cups everything counts, i.e. weight, size, shape, strength, etc.
Thanks.
Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.
thehawk
View Profile
Inner circle
2275 Posts

Profile of thehawk
Looks really good.
rmendez
View Profile
Inner circle
San Antonio, Texas
1253 Posts

Profile of rmendez
Yes. It is evident that the chop cup was fabricated of solid stainless steel construction by an experienced journeyman and will obviously last a lifetime. It comes highly endorsed by many seasoned professionals including Bill Malone, Doc Eason, and Howard Schwarzman. It is the only chop cup approved for use by the National Restaurant Association and the New York State Health Department. The gaff is seamlessly hidden between two layers of solid stainless steel and the dimensions are no less than ideal. The Bar Cup measures approximately 3 inches high, 2 inches across at the top, and 3 inches across at the mouth which can easilly accomodate any organic final load. I don't know what more I can say. An absolute steal at $85 which only covered the raw materials in my opinion. Again, I only wish I had two of them. My girlfriend gave it to me while we we're having a drink in a bar last week. I began performing with it for the patrons present the moment I ripped the birthday paper wrapping and removed it from the Priority mail box from Elmwood Magic and it handled like I had been performing with it for years.
Tom Fenton
View Profile
Inner circle
Leeds, UK (but I'm Scottish)
1477 Posts

Profile of Tom Fenton
That is a beautiful cup Richard.
It looks just right for bar/restaurant work.

Many belated congratulations for your birthday my friend.

Tom
"But there isn't a door"
spatlind
View Profile
Special user
still moving
863 Posts

Profile of spatlind
Indeed, that's a really nice looking cup. Seems above suspicion, particularly for a bar setting. Nice one!
Actions lie louder than words - Carolyn Wells

I believe in God, only I spell it Nature - Frank Lloyd Wright.
Scott Fridinger
View Profile
Special user
Gloucester Pt, VA
893 Posts

Profile of Scott Fridinger
-----It is the only chop cup approved for use by the National Restaurant Association and the New York State Health Department.

So???

Let me rephrase.

Unless the cup is going to hold food that is served to the public why would they 1. care or 2. have any influence in such things. Do they approve cards and coins or the ropes used as well. I see that is in the advertisement on the link, and you giving it as a reason seems to be an advertisement push to me.
www.JustGreatMagic.com
Sleight of Hand, Sleight of Mind
Paul Richards
View Profile
Regular user
141 Posts

Profile of Paul Richards
Just saw this post and I thought I'd chime in here...

We've been selling The Bar Cup for some time and it really is one of the best chop cups I've ever come across. I'm proud to carry them and happy to report that we should have a small supply hitting the shelf later this week.

To dinger136:

The comments made about the National Restaurant Association and the New York State Health Department are aimed primarily at actual bar magicians. The point is that not only does the cup "look" like a real bar cup, it "is" a real bar cup! It can be used by any bar magician to actually mix drinks without fear of damaging the cup OR the causing health issues. An important feature for anyone slinging drinks!
Scott Fridinger
View Profile
Special user
Gloucester Pt, VA
893 Posts

Profile of Scott Fridinger
Quote:
On 2009-10-28 22:25, Paul Richards wrote:
Just saw this post and I thought I'd chime in here...

We've been selling The Bar Cup for some time and it really is one of the best chop cups I've ever come across. I'm proud to carry them and happy to report that we should have a small supply hitting the shelf later this week.

To dinger136:

The comments made about the National Restaurant Association and the New York State Health Department are aimed primarily at actual bar magicians. The point is that not only does the cup "look" like a real bar cup, it "is" a real bar cup! It can be used by any bar magician to actually mix drinks without fear of damaging the cup OR the causing health issues. An important feature for anyone slinging drinks!

Paul,

Thanks for the information, that makes sense and sounds good. It just didn't come across that way from the earlier post. Sounds like a great tool for the tender/magician types.
www.JustGreatMagic.com
Sleight of Hand, Sleight of Mind
Xcath1
View Profile
Inner circle
3067 Posts

Profile of Xcath1
I'm glad Paul chimmed in. I buy tons of stuff from Elmwood, very good service, seems to have a very accurate web site regarding what's in stock. That copy is in the ad on the site and I did not quite understand its significance.
rmendez
View Profile
Inner circle
San Antonio, Texas
1253 Posts

Profile of rmendez
Quote:
On 2009-10-28 22:54, dinger136 wrote:
Paul,

Thanks for the information, that makes sense and sounds good. It just didn't come across that way from the earlier post. Sounds like a great tool for the tender/magician types.

I'm sorry I made the assumption that everyone was intelligent enough to arrive at the more than obvious conclusion on their own. There is a reason why restaurant grade materials exist. Research this on the internet and educate yourself. I am in no way affiliated with the creator of this product. This was a completely unbiased review.
Paul Richards
View Profile
Regular user
141 Posts

Profile of Paul Richards
We finally received another batch of the Bar Cups! We've satisfied the orders we had on hold and we have a few left. If you're in the market for one, get your order in now - as I can assure you these won't last for long. You can find it here:

http://www.elmwoodmagic.com/?nd=full&key=5952
rmendez
View Profile
Inner circle
San Antonio, Texas
1253 Posts

Profile of rmendez
I now own two of these beautiful gems and can't say enough good things about this cup. A real worker and a must for any professional close-up entertainer. I never leave home without mine especially if I'm going out for drinks. Get 'em while they last guys.
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24315 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
These are really good chop cups. They work well, they look nice, and the tennis ball load is perfect. Roger has done a real service to the magic community with these cups.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
Badger
View Profile
Elite user
Ireland
401 Posts

Profile of Badger
Can you still buy these? if so where are they in stock?
Markymark
View Profile
Inner circle
1691 Posts

Profile of Markymark
They come in [and sell out!] at Elmwood magic.A lovely cup.I was'nt too keen on the balls that came with it but a quick order to Donnie at RN11 sorted that out.
''In memory of a once fluid man,crammed and distorted by the classical mess'' -Bruce Lee
Paul Richards
View Profile
Regular user
141 Posts

Profile of Paul Richards
We have another small batch in stock now. You can find them here:

http://www.elmwoodmagic.com/?nd=full&key=5952

Best,
Paul Richards
Xcath1
View Profile
Inner circle
3067 Posts

Profile of Xcath1
I saw a routine where a ball was allowed to fall onto the the bottom of the upside-down cup after a false pass and would stick there even if dropped from a distance because of the magnet. It is surprise revealed a moment later. I think this is a nice move and it works with my inexpensive Morrisey cup. It does not work well with this cup which is otherwise beautiful. The bottom is so smooth that the ball has to essentially be placed on the sweet spot to not roll off. Not a big deal obviously if this move does not interest you. It does have a nice feel and weight and I am sure will last forever.
rmendez
View Profile
Inner circle
San Antonio, Texas
1253 Posts

Profile of rmendez
A few of these are on Ebay at their normal retail price right now...

http://shop.ebay.com/i.html?_nkw=bar+cho......0&bkBtn=
dsalley13
View Profile
Elite user
465 Posts

Profile of dsalley13
Mr. Mendez,

You better buy that young lady a nice dinner out! What a beautiful prop that truly is! To mix a drink, then rinse out the cup, dry it, and go right into a routine, puts you a full quantum step ahead of any other cup made, in your specific venue.

People aren't stupid, they take one look at a traditional chop cup and see it as a "Magic" prop. I have to waste time with mine (a Morrisey chop-cup) telling curious spectators that it's a medical mulling cup or some other such nonsense. Where else do you ever see one, but in a Magician's hands. Now it can be just part of your bar gear. That is Super!!!

The only thing I could ever presume to make a suggestion about are the balls. I think martini olive balls and maybe a big red cherry (with a crocheted stem) load ball would really please the sense of humor of almost any tavern-going spectator just a bit more.

What a present!

daslley13
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » The Bar Cup (2 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL