The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Ron Bauers's All-Outs Think of a card (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

dscanning
View Profile
Loyal user
223 Posts

Profile of dscanning
Has anyone read this new booklet. Is it worth buying or is it pretty overused and dated stuff? Review please.
Doug Canning
marko
View Profile
Inner circle
2109 Posts

Profile of marko
Ah, you got my hopes up, I thought it was finally out, but it still says "Coming Soon." This is Milt Kort's heavily guarded work on the Think-a-Card effect. Of course it's worth buying. And I'll be the first in line to do so, when it's finally is released.

P.S. - EVERYTHING in the Ron Bauer Private Studies series is worth buying. Some of the best purchases I've made this year.
Thought: Why does man kill? He kills for food. And not only food: frequently there must be a beverage.
Reed McClintock
View Profile
V.I.P.
772 Posts

Profile of Reed McClintock
I am waiting myself and can not wait for the new lessons. I have everything available to date from Mr. Bauer, this all rocks!

I keep going to my mail box like a kid waiting for a decoder ring from ovaltine. If you don't have these buy all of them. This is my own doing I am not being paid by anyone to say my opinion of these.
You have no idea what you are missing out on. the lessons are worth way above and beyond the little price they ask. Personally I wish they would raise the price on these to like a hundred dollars a piece. they are worth at minimum that much for what you learn in these manuscripts. Smile
"Stuff is anything, but magic is everything"

Reed McClintock 2003

redstreak
View Profile
Inner circle
A.K.A David Kong
1368 Posts

Profile of redstreak
Is this the latest private study booklet or something else? I don't remeber that title.
cardguy
View Profile
Inner circle
Queens, New York
1171 Posts

Profile of cardguy
Quote:
On 2003-06-11 16:26, Reed McClintock wrote:
I am waiting myself and can not wait for the new lessons. I have everything available to date from Mr. Bauer, this all rocks!

I keep going to my mail box like a kid waiting for a decoder ring from ovaltine. If you don't have these buy all of them. This is my own doing I am not being paid by anyone to say my opinion of these.
You have no idea what you are missing out on. the lessons are worth way above and beyond the little price they ask. Personally I wish they would raise the price on these to like a hundred dollars a piece. they are worth at minimum that much for what you learn in these manuscripts. Smile

OVALTINE!!! Smile Smile Smile
Oh man Reed, you made me laugh out loud with that one. Brings back memories of "The Christman Story".

Anyway, I will definitely be picking up this new booklet, and a few of the other new ones I have my eye on.

To everyone else: Please keep thinking that Ron Bauer's material is "old and dated" so only a small select group of "fools" will be performing it. Smile
Frank G. a.k.a. Cardguy
John Smetana
View Profile
???? - 2009
499 Posts

Profile of John Smetana
[quote]On 2003-06-11 19:46, cardguy wrote:

OVALTINE!!! Smile Smile Smile
Oh man Reed, you made me laugh out loud with that one. Brings back memories of "The Christman Story".

C'mon Frank...you're not old enough to remember"The Christmas Story". One of Gene Shepherds' classics, among many.
Just kidding Frank, I'm sure you've seen the rerun of this wondeful piece on TV.

Best thoughts,
John Smetana

Smile
Joshua Quinn
View Profile
Inner circle
with an outer triangle
2052 Posts

Profile of Joshua Quinn
I asked my parents for the Bauer series, but they were afraid I'd shoot my eye out.

Quinn
Every problem contains the seeds of its own solution. Unfortunately every problem also contains the seeds of an infinite number of non-solutions, so that first part really isn't super helpful.
marko
View Profile
Inner circle
2109 Posts

Profile of marko
LOL! How can anyone not know "A Christmas Story"? It plays on TV around the clock every Christmas. Ah, nostalgia.
Thought: Why does man kill? He kills for food. And not only food: frequently there must be a beverage.
trainerjep
View Profile
Loyal user
242 Posts

Profile of trainerjep
just ask santa for these booklets, you will be very happy, so i hope you have been a good boy all year long, and you just may find some under your tree this year.....
i have heard nothing but raves about all of his booklets......
It's not the size of the wand,
but the magic in it !
Dan LeFay
View Profile
Inner circle
Holland
1371 Posts

Profile of Dan LeFay
I don't know Christmas Story. Ovaltine does remind me of Frau Blucher in young Frankenstein...

goodnight,herr doktor.
"Things need not have happened to be true.
Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths,
that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes,
and forgot."
Neil Gaiman
Tom Gaddis
View Profile
Regular user
Maui
143 Posts

Profile of Tom Gaddis
Guys,

The new Series titles are "Senator Crandall's Cut-up Card Trick" and "Four Squares and a Knot."

"Crandall's Cut-up Card Trick" is one of the funniest card discoveries I've ever seen (after working for Bill Malone for 2 1/2 years that says a lot!).

I've used "Four Squares and a Knot" as my opener for three years now. I haven't seen anything that even comes close to having the impact that this little gem does.

Titles that are in the works and should be out in the next few weeks are: "The Siamese Goose Egg Bag", "Ed Marlo's Time Machine", "The Second Finger Top Deal", and "Milt Kort's All-Out Think of-A-Card."

I'd start getting that Christmas list together now!

Tom
"The dumber people think you are. The more surprised they'll be when you kill them."
Ian Richards
View Profile
Loyal user
224 Posts

Profile of Ian Richards
"Milt Kort's All-Out Think of-A-Card" was listed as being available from Hank Lee's Magic Factory, but it is not listed as being available from Ron Bauer's site Think Like A Conjurer. Inquiring minds want to know what's up!
Reed McClintock
View Profile
V.I.P.
772 Posts

Profile of Reed McClintock
"Stuff is anything, but magic is everything"

Reed McClintock 2003

Leo H
View Profile
Inner circle
1241 Posts

Profile of Leo H
Does anyone know if Milt Kort ever published more work on Think a Card apart from the Ron Bauer booklet?
Cameron Roat
View Profile
Special user
Michigan
728 Posts

Profile of Cameron Roat
Quote:
On Mar 26, 2020, Leo H wrote:
Does anyone know if Milt Kort ever published more work on Think a Card apart from the Ron Bauer booklet?

"Milt Kort's Sure-Fire Think of a Card" in the Oct. 1997 Linking Ring was the first publication of it.
motown
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta by way of Detroit
6078 Posts

Profile of motown
Stephen Minch published a large book of Milt's wonderful magic, you could check there.
"If you ever write anything about me after I'm gone, I will come back and haunt you."
– Karl Germain
countrymaven
View Profile
Inner circle
1418 Posts

Profile of countrymaven
The title of this starts with "19 All Outs... Think of a Card." The idea is to use outs with subtlety.

To me, that is like fishing without a hook. I don't like fishing in mentalism. So this is not for me.
It is like a streaker jogging and not knowing they are in the buff. It just becomes more and more obvious to those observing.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Ron Bauers's All-Outs Think of a card (2 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2023 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL