The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » T-shirts (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
blitzchampion
View Profile
Regular user
Portugal
148 Posts

Profile of blitzchampion
Hi, I was thinking about making a T-Shirt with something humorous like: "I'm the greatest magician in this chair" Smile
Do you have ideas for stuff like this?

Should this be in another forum?

Thanks in advance.
blindbo
View Profile
Special user
Bucks County, PA
790 Posts

Profile of blindbo
"Great magic is a disappearing art."

If you make one, be my guest. If you make a hundred, I'm a large.
blitzchampion
View Profile
Regular user
Portugal
148 Posts

Profile of blitzchampion
cool... but I think I'll only make one Smile
Mark Martinez
View Profile
Inner circle
Wisconsin
1276 Posts

Profile of Mark Martinez
I printed some with my logo on the pocket and the back of a Jumbo card on the front and my force card on the back!!!

That way you could use it for an effect!
Magically,
Mark

Success comes before work only in the dictionary. - Anonymous
marko
View Profile
Inner circle
2109 Posts

Profile of marko
How about a shirt that says "I'm a magician"? Or how about a shirt that says "I'm a dork"? But I repeat myself...

Smile
Thought: Why does man kill? He kills for food. And not only food: frequently there must be a beverage.
blitzchampion
View Profile
Regular user
Portugal
148 Posts

Profile of blitzchampion
Yes, Mark, I could use a Svengali deck or a force to predict their card.... but it would only work once and it wouldn't be very nice to walk around with a 9 E, my Svengali card. Smile
Reg Rozee
View Profile
Special user
Vancouver, Canada
592 Posts

Profile of Reg Rozee
How about on the front of the shirt, which people will see as you walk towards them, saying:
"Now you see me..."
and on the back to be seen as you are walking away:
"Now you don't!"
Reality is what doesn't go away when you stop believing in it. -Phillip K. Dick

Who are you going to believe, me or your own eyes? -Chico Marx
the_great_stupido
View Profile
New user
29 Posts

Profile of the_great_stupido
Somebody bought me a T-shirt saying, 'Keep Staring, I Might do a Trick' - it's obviously not designed for magicians (just freaks) hehe Smile but it seemed pretty appropriate.
Mark Martinez
View Profile
Inner circle
Wisconsin
1276 Posts

Profile of Mark Martinez
Reg Rozee I like that idea!

the_great_stupido Very funny.

blitzchampion if you are doing walk around, just use a normal deck and force the card...
And don't do it at every table, maybe every other so people don't see the punch line coming...

There are some comedy aspects of the card on shirt... "Hummm, I can't seem to find your card, what was it, oh that's because it's here on my shirt... I'd turn it over but I hate to stand on my head! Oh how about I turn around." Tada!!

Use your imagination...
Magically,
Mark

blitzchampion
View Profile
Regular user
Portugal
148 Posts

Profile of blitzchampion
That was very funny great stupido, but why do you think it is not designed for magicians?
Diavo
View Profile
Veteran user
The District
357 Posts

Profile of Diavo
Last year I bought a black T-shirt from Hot Topic (big surprise!) that said "Keep staring I might do a trick" -- and I painted a pip for each suit around the front. On the back I painted the intel logo in white -- except it says "magician inside". Smile Smile
I love it!

I also bought a plain black T-shirt and on the back painted a vodka bottle with a magic wand & pips floating inside. Underneath I painted "Absolut Magic." lol Smile

--Diavo Smile
I'm not just a magician, I'm an interpreter of Reality.
Underground, above ground, whatever. I don't need a label, thanks.
Mark Martinez
View Profile
Inner circle
Wisconsin
1276 Posts

Profile of Mark Martinez
Diavo, great ideas I love them!!! I am a computer programmer by trade so the Intel logo is wonderful!
Magically,
Mark

Diavo
View Profile
Veteran user
The District
357 Posts

Profile of Diavo
If anyone has any other ideas for magic related T-shirts, please post 'em. I love a project. Smile

--Diavo Smile
Preston Burt
View Profile
New user
55 Posts

Profile of Preston Burt
I have a couple that I designed using Cafépress.com, my favorite is "Magicians have bigger Wands!" not much activity in a while, but feel free to check them out.

http://www.cafeshops.com/hattershop

With street magic so popular today, what a better way to casually let people know you're a magician. It might be a great conversations starter while you are waiting in line at the grocery store. The only other t-shirt I have actually seen out in public besides the one you mentioned above is the classic "Got Magic?" Another idea I had, but decided not to use is "Magicians do it, then vanish!"
Peter Marucci
View Profile
Inner circle
5389 Posts

Profile of Peter Marucci
When I first got our new computer a couple of years back, I went crazy designing and scanning iron-ons for T-shirts.

A couple that leap to mind:

A picture of David Copperfield saying, in a voice balloon: "I just love the magic comedy of Peter Marucci".

A picture of the Mona Lisa saying, again in a voice balloon: "The magic comedy of Peter Marucci just breaks me up!"

A cartoon of William Shakespeare with the lines "There's magic in thy majesty" (The Winter's Tale) and, in smaller type, "Words by William Shakespeare, Magic by Peter Marucci"

Smile
Reg Rozee
View Profile
Special user
Vancouver, Canada
592 Posts

Profile of Reg Rozee
I used to have a sort of relevant one with a picture of a rabbit in black leather, piercings, and tattoos that read "Bad Hare Day" (I forget the artist/company now).

If you are artistic (and a little bizarre), I think it would be great to have a demonic rabbit apparently tearing its way out of your chest like the little guys in the "Alien" movies!

-Reg {*}
Reality is what doesn't go away when you stop believing in it. -Phillip K. Dick

Who are you going to believe, me or your own eyes? -Chico Marx
the_great_stupido
View Profile
New user
29 Posts

Profile of the_great_stupido
Quote:
On 2003-06-12 18:12, blitzchampion wrote:
That was very funny great stupido, but why do you think it is not designed for magicians?

Just because I know the shop it came from - and it's just a cheap clothes store - not a magic shop...

Perhaps I didn't make myself clear, I meant it wasn't specifically designed for magicians.
Diavo
View Profile
Veteran user
The District
357 Posts

Profile of Diavo
Speaking of demon bunnies, I just had the thought that a demonic bunny ripping a magician would be interesting... (might send the wrong image though?)

Caféshops.com is cool! Wow.

Smile
Peter Marucci
View Profile
Inner circle
5389 Posts

Profile of Peter Marucci
One of my wife's favorites was worn by the wife of a fellow magician.

It said, simply:

"My next husband will be normal."

Smile
magic4u02
View Profile
Eternal Order
Philadelphia, PA
15110 Posts

Profile of magic4u02
A very interesting post with some great ideas and suggestions.

Just a few points to keep in mind when doing t-shirts. As a graphic designer and artist myself, I have made many t-shirts for myself as well as other magicians in the past.

Two key points to always keep in mind are:

1) The t-shirt is another aspect of your marketing and promotion. Therefore, make sure you brand yourself on the t-shirt as well. Even a simple logo on the back or on the pocket can help do this for you and is another method for getting your name and image out to the public.

2) Because the t-shirt represents you and your show, make sure that whatever image or message you have on it does not take away from the image you want to portray to your audience. A poorly worded t-shirt that you may find as funny, may offend a majority of the clients you are trying to reach.

Just a couple things to keep in mind when designing t-shirts.

I have also found some great ways to design shirts and have them made for a fraction of the cost and without having to buy a minimum order.

Kinkos will produce a shirt for you on 100% cotton shirts or one you provide. All you have to do is give them the art work in either flat art or on disk. They generate it for you and the quality is really good.

The best part of this is that you can do limited runs of even just 1 t-shirt. What is also good is that the way they print them, you can use full color photo images on the shirt and it still looks good and your price is still the same. You could never get full color shirts done if you were going with the standard screen printing method as it would be just too costly.

Give it a try and see if it may be something you might want to look into. It has really worked great for me for targeted t-shirt pojects in the past.

Hope this information is of help.
Kyle Peron

http://www.kylekellymagic.com

Entertainers Product Site

http://kpmagicproducts.com

Join Our Facebook Fan Page at

http://facebook.com/perondesign
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » T-shirts (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL