The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » SCHOOL OF BUSKING DVD, AND A WORD ABOUT GAZZO. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Dave V
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas, NV
4825 Posts

Profile of Dave V
My set came today. Very nice packaging. Will take some time to get through it all.
No trees were killed in the making of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
solrak29
View Profile
Special user
NY Metro
936 Posts

Profile of solrak29
Are you guys bringin' some of these DVD to the US for the McBride event?
To Find Me On The Pitch, Follow me :On Twitter
Checkout my pseudo blog : The Sidewalk Performers Forum

"I intend to live forever, or die trying" - Groucho Marx
Lady Vee
View Profile
New user
58 Posts

Profile of Lady Vee
Hi!

We will have some school of busking DVDs with us, but the few remaining Busker and Showman DVDs are staying here in the UK - there are only a few left now.

Looking forward to the McBride School of Magic and Mystery in Vegas and catching up with friends from last year and making new friends this year!

Vee Smile
Dave V
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas, NV
4825 Posts

Profile of Dave V
I just started watching these DVDs. It's like sitting in the classroom with Mario and Gazzo. There are a few cuts to street performers to illustrate a point, but for the most part it's Mario in front of a group of busker students. Magic is very minimal, and I don't know the background of the students but I would imagine the information applies equally to any type of street performance.

The "time line" isn't exactly right. Mario occasionally refers to something Gazzo said earlier, but there was no sign of Gazzo until disc 3. I'm not sure what we missed or if the Gazzo session we saw was the missing footage, but as far as I can tell the information is all there. It's just that it seems to be mainly the Mario portion of a larger session. If it was rearranged for continuity then it makes sense as the Mario portion should be presented first before digging into the details with Gazzo. If nothing else it shows that there were few edits or retakes. What you see on the video is exactly what you would have seen in the room at the time.

All in all, it was a well made video and the material was excellent.
No trees were killed in the making of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
mark1991
View Profile
Veteran user
Boston, Lincolnshire, England
311 Posts

Profile of mark1991
Hi there,

Can't believe you've got such a good offer on! Think I need to take advantage of this quick...

Blessings,

Mark

http://magicnewstelevision.com/mn/magicalmark
http://magicnewstelevision.com/mn/magicalmark

Magical Mark Watson - Christian magician, juggler, puppeteer, all-round entertainer and lover of Christ!
Pop Haydn
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
3536 Posts

Profile of Pop Haydn
The School of Busking DVD set is a marvel. I sure wish I had had it back in the 1960's when I started out.
Mowee
View Profile
Loyal user
239 Posts

Profile of Mowee
This is a heck of a deal and I ordered my set today.
Lady Vee
View Profile
New user
58 Posts

Profile of Lady Vee
Yes - your right! Now with less than 5 days to go! Then the Halloween special offer will close on the 31st of October - Halloween once the clock strikes 12 midnight, British Time.

http://www.schoolofbusking.com

Vee
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » SCHOOL OF BUSKING DVD, AND A WORD ABOUT GAZZO. (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL