The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Human Body Stunts by Luis de Matos (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

dahih beik
View Profile
Special user
palestine
817 Posts

Profile of dahih beik
Any review of this new video tapes?
LeeAlex2002
View Profile
Inner circle
1006 Posts

Profile of LeeAlex2002
With endoresements from David Copperfield, Derren Brown and Cyril, I doubt these DVDs will receive any bad reviews!
Yours Magically,
Lee Alex

http://www.magic2wear.com
The Mirror Images
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan/USA
1980 Posts

Profile of The Mirror Images
Any link of what is being discussed?

Best,
Steven and Michael, The Mirror Images
The MOST Identical Twin Illusionist
http://www.themirrorimages.com
Check out our latest new effect
- Liquid Steel NEW
- MotoBox NEW
- MotoMation NEW
- Voyager
BRodgers
View Profile
Special user
543 Posts

Profile of BRodgers
Quote:
On 2009-10-23 09:46, The Mirror Images wrote:
Any link of what is being discussed?

Best,

After 2 seconds of searching, here you go:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_0KEKXO8mI

12 Human Body Stunts performed and taught by Luis De Matos.

The Essential Magic Collection, a new series of instructional DVDs featuring the best in professional magic. The first release is Luis de Matos's EXTREME: Human Body Stunts for Professionals. A four DVD set, containing twelve different stunts as used by Luis de Matos in his stage, corporate and television work.
Disc 1 - Firewalking Blowtorch Directory
Disc 2 - Stone Breaking Arrow Snapping Bottle Break 1
Disc 3 - Frozen Alive Strait Jacket Apple Tear
Disc 4 - Walking on Glass Bar Bending Bottle Break 2"Luis de Matos is one of Europe's top illusionists. Whatever Luis does, he does with style and this DVD set is no exception. These are professional routines, professionally described. This collection is a great opportunity to learn some of magic's most impressive stunts from someone who has made a reputation performing them" - David Copperfield

"Not only a much-needed and comprehensive look at extraordinary body stunts, but also shot in broadcast quality by one of the biggest names in European magic. An absolute must-have." - Derren Brown

"Luis, yet again you amaze me. This is a remarkable set of DVDs. Wonderful material, carefully explained. I don't know of anything else like it. Congratulations my friend!" - Cyril Takayama

Total Running Time: Approximately 3hr 3min
Creator of The Phantom Band 360
paw
View Profile
Loyal user
239 Posts

Profile of paw
I don’t know quite where to start…

First, the production is like nothing the magic world has ever seen. The effects are outstanding as are the explanations. EVERY detail is discussed in depth. You get four DVD’s with PROFESSIONAL effects and routines. The magic world has never had anything like this before. If you are interested in something to headline in your act or publicity stunts for television / local or national news then this is the ultimate instructional set. The price could have been $1,000.00 and still have been considered money well spent.
Outstanding in EVERY WAY! I have viewed thousands magic DVDs, this goes to the top.
Laszlo Csizmadi
View Profile
Special user
From Hell
869 Posts

Profile of Laszlo Csizmadi
Quote:
On 2009-10-23 15:47, paw wrote:
The price could have been $1,000.00 and still have been considered money well spent.

LOL. Are you joking? I believe they are good DVDs but 1,000.00 dollars for 4 disks? Wake up man April first is not here yet. Or you are interested in those DVDs? Smile

Seriously where you can buy and how much will cost?

Best,

Las
Donald Dunphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Victoria, BC, Canada
7377 Posts

Profile of Donald Dunphy
Quote:
On 2009-10-24 06:35, Laszlo Csizmadi wrote:
Seriously where you can buy and how much will cost?

Right beside the video on YouTube, is a link to the dealer website with full information about cost.

- Donald
Donald Dunphy is a Victoria Magician, British Columbia, Canada.
Laszlo Csizmadi
View Profile
Special user
From Hell
869 Posts

Thank you Donald.

I was looking here first and didn't say anything about price just shows the video.

http://www.essentialmagiccollection.com/

Best,

Las
paw
View Profile
Loyal user
239 Posts

Profile of paw
____________________________________________________________________________________________________
Las Wrote:
LOL. Are you joking? I believe they are good DVDs but 1,000.00 dollars for 4 disks? Wake up man April first is not here yet. Or you are interested in those DVDs?

______________________________________________________________________________________________________
Bill Abbott is selling “CHICO” for $550.00. This product is 15 minutes of solid entertainment and WELL worth the price!

Now take into fact that you are receiving the following and who the teacher is:

Disc 1 - Firewalking
Blowtorch
Directory

Disc 2 - Stone Breaking
Arrow Snapping
Bottle Break 1

Disc 3 - Frozen Alive
Strait Jacket
Apple Tear

Disc 4 - Walking on Glass
Bar Bending
Bottle Break 2

$190.00 is a steal!!!
To anyone wanting to publicize their show or have a “headliner” for their act, this material IS worth $1,000.00. I have seen a lot less go for a lot more.
I guess it all depends on where you are in your career.
Laszlo Csizmadi
View Profile
Special user
From Hell
869 Posts

You did not see the smiley in my respond? Plus after that I asked seriously. It doesn't matter how much cost or they sell always the buyer decide want to buy it or not.

Best,

Las
Falconer
View Profile
Special user
PORTUGAL
576 Posts

Profile of Falconer
Hi all,

Sincerely I don`t have the DVD set of Luís de Matos yet, but he is one of the best professional magicians around the world, I`m very proud of him because I`m portuguese also.

I believe this new series instructional DVDs are very useful in our magic shows in the right timming.

I give him my warmest congratulations from this forum about this new work.

Falconer
FALCONER
IMAGICIANS.DE facebook falcobook
Fábio DeRose
View Profile
Inner circle
San Paolo, Brasile
1477 Posts

Profile of Fábio DeRose
I liked Swami / Mantra much better.
Fábio De'Rose - Ilusionista
www.ENIGMAGICO.com.br

Twitter @Enigmagico
Falconer
View Profile
Special user
PORTUGAL
576 Posts

Profile of Falconer
I see "Swami / Mnatra" like one supplemnent in relation to the DVDs of Human Body Stunts by Luís de Matos.

Falconer
FALCONER
IMAGICIANS.DE facebook falcobook
bobn3
View Profile
Special user
Wichita, KS
718 Posts

Profile of bobn3
I see that Stevens Magic has this:

http://www.stevensmagic.com/index.php?ma......d=111505

Bob Phillips
Bill Nuvo
View Profile
Inner circle
3094 Posts or
2747 Posts

Profile of Bill Nuvo
I don't quite understand. Most of this stuff is readily available out there. Nothing the magic world has ever seen?

Sorry if I seem cynical. I don't doubt the info is good and the production quality (I could care less about the sizzle in that regard).

I initially was intrigued by this til I saw that almost everything (except frozen alive) is something I know and is readily available through any debunking manual.

Still just for the frozen alive I might get it. Smile
Danny Borneo
View Profile
Special user
722 Posts

Profile of Danny Borneo
Well I fyou are just looking to know the secret behind it then, yes the info is readily available. But if you are looking to perform or already performing the material then there is always something to learn when it comes to stunts. Someone could provide a subtle nuance that you had never thought of that adds to the performance.

Keep in mind though, this material is always without question best learned, in person from a qualified instructor. But as trained performer I must admit that I see this as a wonderful piece of reference material.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Human Body Stunts by Luis de Matos (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL