The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Arcane Deck White from Ellusionist (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
Irishghost
View Profile
Inner circle
www.gaffguy.com
1228 Posts

Profile of Irishghost
I have to say right off the start that I was not expecting to see what I saw when I opened up my Arcane decks. I first noticed that the deck seal was not the standard USPCC seal, it was a custom seal that matched the feel of the deck and blended nicely. Then my attention switched to the design of the box, subtle and clear, nothing over powering to the eyes which I like. Once you actually open the deck you will see that it was not designed in a few months, the attention to detail is staggering and each and every single symbol can be seen clearly(no blurs at all). The "black" pips and face cards are almost like a bleed from a black to a grey and the red color just makes the deck pop!!!! Also comes with a double backer which I always like and the Jokers look bad ass as well. The deck fans amazingly right out of the box just like you would expect UV500 stock to be like and they have that spring to then that lets you know they will hold up for quite some time. The detail on the ace will make any card collector like me smile from ear to ear and you will appriciate the time spent on this deck. A lot of detail was out into this deck. I give it a 10!!!

Check them out here

http://www.ellusionist.com/arcane

Jeremy Hanrahan
I get to gaff some cool stuff for some cool people
Miraclemakers
View Profile
Special user
INA
685 Posts

Profile of Miraclemakers
DN777
View Profile
Veteran user
360 Posts

Profile of DN777
The E cards are always top quality... Looking forward to adding these to my XCM collection Smile Thanks!
swiss_magician
View Profile
Regular user
Switzerland
161 Posts

Profile of swiss_magician
When I watch Ellusionist's clip
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j7y9aGIHtLY

I can't help but wonder if magicians are not treated as fetichists. 2min of filming with Hollywood fancy video editing and special effects, crazy camera angles with travelings.....for 52 pieces of cardboard! Let's go back to Earth, please Smile

Would a layman watch such a clip, I think he would just laugh at this ^^

or maybe we are really fetichists...!

Cheers,

M.
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12967 Posts

Profile of John C
Quote:
On 2009-10-23 04:45, swiss_magician wrote:
When I watch Ellusionist's clip
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j7y9aGIHtLY

I can't help but wonder if magicians are not treated as fetichists. 2min of filming with Hollywood fancy video editing and special effects, crazy camera angles with travelings.....for 52 pieces of cardboard! Let's go back to Earth, please Smile

Would a layman watch such a clip, I think he would just laugh at this ^^

or maybe we are really fetichists...!

Cheers,

M.

Good word. Never heard it before.

Noun: fetichism

1. A belief in the magical power of fetishes (or the worship of a fetish)
Wolfenout
View Profile
New user
55 Posts

Profile of Wolfenout
Fancy cards are our drug of choice
Irishghost
View Profile
Inner circle
www.gaffguy.com
1228 Posts

Profile of Irishghost
Quote:
On 2009-10-23 14:05, Wolfenout wrote:
Fancy cards are our drug of choice

Cards and flash paper, I love flash paper!
I get to gaff some cool stuff for some cool people
tdowell
View Profile
Inner circle
1050 Posts

Profile of tdowell
Drama
WayneL
View Profile
New user
34 Posts

Profile of WayneL
I'll stick to my red bikes Smile
wpt1031
View Profile
Loyal user
Toledo Ohio
237 Posts

Profile of wpt1031
They look nice. I'll probably order two of each color. One to play with and one to collect.
wise owl
View Profile
Special user
Australia
721 Posts

Profile of wise owl
I tried to buy the arcane deck frm Ellusionist. But the site is dwn and/or extremetly slow. I tried to do it frm 4:00 pm till now (7pm??) without succeed.

This happened everytime Ellusionist tried to mkting and sell their new deck. I don't know if it is website problem (coincidence?) or they do it by purpose - those crazy mkting scheme. Hopes that it is not the later, because it doesn't work. I am considering stop buying frm them due to the annoying experience.
revelation77
View Profile
New user
Melbourne, Australia
29 Posts

Profile of revelation77
I think the site is down, I can't access the main page even. I don't think this is a marketing scheme, wise owl, because I don't think they're dumb enough to lose customers like that. Too many people trying to access the site, probs. The deck doesn't look bad. I might pick up a few (when the site is working again).
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18807 Posts

Profile of IAIN
"forged from a dream..." hahahahaha a 12 year old's wet dream...

they've gone too far this time really, they look pretty - but come on...
I've asked to be banned
magicFreak2
View Profile
Inner circle
1220 Posts

Profile of magicFreak2
Im definitely getting an Invisible Arcane Deck. Smile

I got an email why the website was down. Smile They purchased 20x normal bandwidth for a release but I guess it wasn't enough. The website was bombed with thousands of hits/minutes XD. Up now though.
Dan Bernier
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
2298 Posts

Profile of Dan Bernier
I have to agree that the marketing for these cards is way over the top. The quality of the card stocks will never be better than what USPCC already produces. Hyping the quality of the cards is like comparing a coke bottle to a coke bottle. However, the thing about fancy cards is not so much how they handle but the quality of the art work on the cards. As we already know, black does not hold long, but looks real cool. The art work on these cards look better than any other fancy cards on the market right now. I would say they are worth collecting if you collect fancy cards. I like collecting fancy cards, and when the frenzy is over at the E website, I'll be picking up two of each.
"If you're going to walk in the rain, don't complain about getting wet!"
Seeker
View Profile
Special user
Chicago
578 Posts

Profile of Seeker
Hey guys.

Saw a post on this blog with a discount for the Arcane deck.

http://exomagic.com/blog/2009/10/28/5-off-your-arcane-deck/

I used it and it worked.

-Jacob
I've been training these cards since they were small.
Dan Bernier
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
2298 Posts

Profile of Dan Bernier
I did nothing but place my order with E and got 7% off! I thought that was a discount everyone was getting. Did anyone else get a 7% discount from E?
Seeker
View Profile
Special user
Chicago
578 Posts

Profile of Seeker
You can get a 7% for a trial pack of both decks.

But you can also get an additional one if you go to the site I linked and get the promo code.

Great stuff...I love great material that you can save money on...

:)
Dan Bernier
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
2298 Posts

Profile of Dan Bernier
Darn it!!!!!! Smile That adds up to 12% savings! Wow. I missed on that one. You're right Seeker, I ordered the sample pack of both black and white decks and that's why I got the 7% discount. It's too late for me to claim the other 5%, but what a fantastic deal for everyone else now because you shared that info with us.
Seeker
View Profile
Special user
Chicago
578 Posts

Profile of Seeker
I like to save as much as I can on my magic when I can...this stuff adds up Dan! haha!

Then again...I don't want to talk about how much this adds up.
I deny it.
Don't tell my girlfriend....
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Arcane Deck White from Ellusionist (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL