The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Arcane Deck White from Ellusionist (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
M Sini
View Profile
Inner circle
1359 Posts

Profile of M Sini
Sweet demo video, but I'll pass.
wpt1031
View Profile
Loyal user
Toledo Ohio
237 Posts

Profile of wpt1031
After looking over the price of there shipping I'll just wait till somebody else like The Magic Warehouse or some of the dealers on Ebay start selling them.
Dan Bernier
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
2298 Posts

Profile of Dan Bernier
Quote:
On 2009-10-28 22:59, wpt1031 wrote:
After looking over the price of there shipping I'll just wait till somebody else like The Magic Warehouse or some of the dealers on Ebay start selling them.

considering that it only cost me $5.00 for shipping to Canada, I can't see how shipping to you in the same country can be more expensive than that.

You do realize the E gives you options on shipping right?
"If you're going to walk in the rain, don't complain about getting wet!"
Voldemort
View Profile
Special user
Florida
562 Posts

Profile of Voldemort
Quote:
On 2009-10-29 01:31, Gospel Dan wrote:
Quote:
On 2009-10-28 22:59, wpt1031 wrote:

considering that it only cost me $5.00 for shipping to Canada, I can't see how shipping to you in the same country can be more expensive than that.

You do realize the E gives you options on shipping right?

Yep... And the cheapest to me is over $7.50. I'm in florida. That's for four decks of cards. Priority mail for the same is $7.70.

Now call me what you will, But I know for a fact that priority shipping for that many decks, (And even more) is $4.95. That's a flat rate and is universaly used in the U.S. I've had 12 decks shipped to me priority for $4.95.

This is why I won't order anything from E. I'll wait and get it from MJM's E store.

I like these and WAS going to order 4 decks until I saw the shipping charge. I can get another deck and then some for $7.50.

I don't know how you got shipping to Canada for $5.00 Dan.
"Flight from death"
Buy the WILD AT HEART e-book to help Rachael Columbini here: http://www.lybrary.com/wild-heart-p-76110.html
Dan Bernier
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
2298 Posts

Profile of Dan Bernier
I bought two decks. The shipping and handling was $5.00. You seem to forget that it's not just a shipping fee, it's also the handling fee. Things don't just magically pack themselves in a box and ship itself out. Smile That would be amazing, but impossible.

Well, I guess you're right. You can always wait and take a chance to see if MJM will get any decks, and then hope that you'll be able to get them from there for a better price. But, there's also a chance that that won't happen.

$7.50 for shipping and handling 4 decks of cards. Sounds fair to me.
Voldemort
View Profile
Special user
Florida
562 Posts

Profile of Voldemort
Sorry. It doesn't sound fair to me.

Especialy in light of the fact that things don't "Magically pack themselves" at other dealers and actual shipping is still what you pay.

For $7.00 a deck... I think the time for stuffing four decks of cards in an envelope could be included.

By-the-by... Shipping at MJM for 4 decks of card is $2.00. And I'm pretty sure that MJM have not perfected thier "Automatic magical packing machine" yet.
"Flight from death"
Buy the WILD AT HEART e-book to help Rachael Columbini here: http://www.lybrary.com/wild-heart-p-76110.html
Dan Bernier
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
2298 Posts

Profile of Dan Bernier
I take it you have also noticed that MJM sells E cards for more than what E charges right? So four decks of the same cards from MJM will cost you about $4-$5 dollars more. So even if MJM offers free shipping you'll only be saving a $1 or $2. And that's hoping the cards don't sell out first. It seems most of the E cards are already sold out on their website.
Jeff_Mash
View Profile
Veteran user
Bay Area, California
328 Posts

Profile of Jeff_Mash
We will be restocking all of our Ellusionist cards in early November, and also carrying the Arcane Deck (as long as Ellusionist is going to sell them to other dealers this close to a release date).

As for our pricing, since we offer FREE shipping on any USA/Canadian order over $15.00, this is how we pass on the savings to our customers.....and as Voldemort pointed out, in most cases when you do have to pay shipping, we don't charge any "handling" fees which I personally think is a poor excuse to gouge a customer. Lowering a price just to make up for it with high shipping is the same as charging a high price for the items themselves. Just my opinion though!

Ellusionist does put out great cards though, and this is why we try to carry as many as we can for our customers who choose to shop with us over the competition.

Thanks for all your support!
Your friend in magic,

Jeff Mash, CEO
MJM Magic - "Magic for Magicians, Jokesters, and Mentalists!"
http://www.MJMMagic.com
Dan Bernier
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
2298 Posts

Profile of Dan Bernier
I hope you know I am not knocking MJM. I have ordered several items from you in the past. And yes, your shipping rates are darn good. Your statement though that charging for handling is a poor excuse for gouging a customer is a little much don't you think. I did notice that E does sell the cards for cheaper, but then again they are the ones who produced them. When I compare the price differences and the shipping cost, there isn't much difference in price. Plus right now if you get the trial pack you save 7%, plus another 5% from the link that Seeker provided. That's 12% savings! More savings than the cost of shipping. Also, like you said, you may not even get the cards in stock.

I believe E also has discounts on shipping when you spend a certain amount as well.

P.S I believe this is the very first time I have defended E. I hope it's not the swine flu. Smile
booswain
View Profile
Loyal user
290 Posts

Profile of booswain
I had my order in the cart ready to buy until I saw the shipping charge..yikes...the shipping charge should not cost more than the product...oh well ill wait until someone else has them...i have always had good luck with mjm...
Dan Bernier
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
2298 Posts

Profile of Dan Bernier
E has different shipping options. I went and did a test and found that shipping one deck to me would cost $3.00. I don't understand why it is more expensive to ship within US than it is to ship to Canada, but I bet it's because some of you are not looking at the shipping options. Maybe you guys are, I don't know. I know that I have never had a problem with their shipping rates. In fact, I always receive my items within a week even though I always choose the cheapest shipping rate they offer. They also offer a no hassle 100% money back gaurantee. I was able to send back my Gecko for a full refund when I wasn't impressed with it. I don't know of many other companies that do that.

MJM is also a great company. Great prices and shipping costs. I have just one question, are all your items stocked or do you dropship as well? I had to wait longer for an item because it wasn't stocked once. It had to be shipped from the original producer.
Seeker
View Profile
Special user
Chicago
578 Posts

Profile of Seeker
Hmmm, I live in the US, and I ordered 2 decks and the cheapest shipping was 5 bucks...

Personally, that's not a bad deal to me.
I have had magic stores charge me much more for about the same quantity.

Besides, with the discounts there are for it now...this may be the cheapest chance to get your hands on some.

-Jacob
I've been training these cards since they were small.
Dan Bernier
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
2298 Posts

Profile of Dan Bernier
I agree with you Jacob. Even MJM can't beat the price with the discounts E is offering. However, I am not that familiar with shipping costs within the US, but I've heard people complain about E's shipping before. That was before they offered different shipping options. Most people I heard complain about the shipping cost were those who live oversea. To hear someone from the States say E's shipping is too much makes me wonder why it's not cheaper to ship within the States than it is to ship to Canada. Or, maybe they are not aware of the different shipping options. Either way, I'm looking forward to receiving my decks of Arcane. Who knows how long they will stay in stock, or even if E will allow other distributor's sell them. I suppose that's a chance some will take to save a penny.
wpt1031
View Profile
Loyal user
Toledo Ohio
237 Posts

Profile of wpt1031
Ok for 8 ghost decks at E it would cost me USPS Priority Mail $11.70. If I went to The Magic Warehouse it would only cost me $ 7.85. Plus there prices are exactly the same as E also. E's shipping prices are sadly a bit jacked up.
Dan Bernier
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
2298 Posts

Profile of Dan Bernier
Quote:
On 2009-10-29 20:29, wpt1031 wrote:
Ok for 8 ghost decks at E it would cost me USPS Priority Mail $11.70. If I went to The Magic Warehouse it would only cost me $ 7.85. Plus there prices are exactly the same as E also. E's shipping prices are sadly a bit jacked up.

You made me look at Magic Warehouse and I see the Ghost Deck is the same price, but E offers discounts on multiple purchases. If you buy 6 decks of Ghosts at E you only pay $4.50 for each deck. So, in actuality E sells them for less. Also, Magic Warehouse has been sold out of Ghosts for a while now and E still has them in stock. These are obviously points to consider. You can't buy something from someone for less if they don't have them in stock. I'm not going to do the math anymore. If you really think you'll get a better deal from somewhere else, who am I to argue that, but so far my math, and the fact that only E has the Arcane decks in stock tells me the best deal for those who like to save money is with E.

If you disagree, please do the math first. I would love to save money and I am always willing to save a few bucks when I can, but I don't want to hear from those who haven't figured out the math for themselves first. Also, how did you figure out what the shipping fee would be for 8 decks from the Magic Warehouse? Seeing that they've been sold out for a while and you can't get a shipping estimate on something they don't have in stock. I know, I tried. ;}
wpt1031
View Profile
Loyal user
Toledo Ohio
237 Posts

Profile of wpt1031
I just did the math with 8 other decks Gospel Dan. I actually used Black Ghost Decks since the Ghost decks were sold out but I didn't think it would be that big of a deal. Hey I like everyone else Gospel Dan I love to save money so I'm going to look for the best deal.
Dan Bernier
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
2298 Posts

Profile of Dan Bernier
Keep me informed. Smile
wpt1031
View Profile
Loyal user
Toledo Ohio
237 Posts

Profile of wpt1031
I will do my best.
Salby
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
1256 Posts

Profile of Salby
The shipping for 2 Decks to New Jersey is $8.00.

$4.00 per deck???

That's more than 50% of the cost of each deck ($7.00).

No thanks.... $11.00 per deck is a bit too much.

I'll wait until other Magic shops get the decks and have shipping for Free.
You know how to make God laugh?........... Tell him your plans!!!
booswain
View Profile
Loyal user
290 Posts

Profile of booswain
I tried again to look for a diff shipping price..and it was like 5.50...still a lot for 2 decks of cards....
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Arcane Deck White from Ellusionist (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL