The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » Full Deck of double backed cards? (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

john oleson
View Profile
Loyal user
291 Posts

Profile of john oleson
Is there a deck with Jack of Diamonds with Jack of Hearts on the reverse, etc.?

Am looking to reduce the size of a deck to 26 cards for a card to wallet routine.

Advice, please.

Thanks ... johno
AlienSpaceBat
View Profile
Regular user
152 Posts

Profile of AlienSpaceBat
What you are looking for is a deck of double facers (not double backs). It's widely available, just check wherever you buy your magic from.

You will actually need slightly more than 26 cards for what you want, since a couple of the DFs are the same on both sides.
RS1963
View Profile
Inner circle
2720 Posts

Profile of RS1963
Quote:
On 2009-10-24 07:13, AlienSpaceBat wrote:
What you are looking for is a deck of double facers (not double backs). It's widely available, just check wherever you buy your magic from.

You will actually need slightly more than 26 cards for what you want, since a couple of the DFs are the same on both sides.

That may not be the case anymore. At least if you want Bicycle stock double facer's The U.S.P.C.C is no longer making anything that alters the backs, Faces of the joker's or ace of spades. If you want double facer's or double backs may have to go back to splitting cards or have some one make them for you.
AlienSpaceBat
View Profile
Regular user
152 Posts

Profile of AlienSpaceBat
USPCC - IS - continuing to print DF and DB gaffs. What is affected is, as you say, something that affects the design of the back or the face of a joker or ace of spades.

By definition the factory printed DF deck:

1. doesn't have any backs
2. uses the USPCC standard faces

HTH
Demonbrn
View Profile
Veteran user
Oakley, CA
338 Posts

Profile of Demonbrn
I've yet to find a practical use for samd DF's!
AlienSpaceBat
View Profile
Regular user
152 Posts

Profile of AlienSpaceBat
Quote:
On 2009-10-24 12:58, Demonbrn wrote:

Me too !

I wanted to do McDonald's Aces with queens (kind of like Ricky Jay's take on The Exclusive Coterie from Erdnase). I had to have 2 DF queens made for this, as the QD/QC are the same on both sides in the factory deck.
pepka
View Profile
Inner circle
Uh, I'm the one on the right.
5041 Posts

Profile of pepka
Why not do it with Jacks instead of Queens. Then it's TOTALLY different from Ricky Jay's routine.
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
7007 Posts

Profile of Cameron Francis
Because the JD and JC in a normal deck of DFs are also same faced.

I have two tricks published which use Same Face D/Fs. Halfusion on Killer Gaffed and Cagey from Omega Mutation.
MOMENT'S NOTICE LIVE 3 - Six impromptu card tricks! Out now! http://cameronfrancismagic.com/moments-notice-live-3.html
wsduncan
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
3619 Posts

Profile of wsduncan
Quote:
On 2009-10-24 12:58, Demonbrn wrote:

Then you need the new Ken Krenzel book. Or Doc Eason's bar magic DVDs.

John,
Not to step on your creativity, but twenty six "outs" is kind of a lot for a card trick. You might was well use a card index... you can do a lot more with one and the cards aren't "funny."
AlienSpaceBat
View Profile
Regular user
152 Posts

Profile of AlienSpaceBat
Quote:
On 2009-10-24 14:31, pepka wrote:
Why not do it with Jacks instead of Queens. Then it's TOTALLY different from Ricky Jay's routine.

Basically because I wanted to do it for a specific occasion, and the Queen of Hearts had a relevancy.

I didn't decide to do it totally at random ...! Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » Full Deck of double backed cards? (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL