The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Sweet and Sour Prediction by Keith Fields (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
Stefan O.
View Profile
Special user
624 Posts

Profile of Stefan O.
Quote:

Which template? There are just pdf documents and these can´t be changed so easy. You have to create them new if you want to present them in german for example. And this isn´t done in 5 minutes because of the amount of documents.
The rest is no problem to present it in another language.

Thorsten is right, I bought it based on Kranzo's words but found that you will need to completely make them up yourself.

What I find misleading in the ad is the statement that the menu is real. Well, it certainly is not and it isn't a menu from your local Chinese restaurant.

I am sorry, but I am not as happy with the effect as other buyers appear to be. It certainly is an interesting idea, no doubt, but not as easily tranferred to other languages as Kranzo said.

On the other hand.... I just got an idea Smile I will let you know how it works out.

Best regards

Stefan
EXCLUSIVE MENTALISM PRODUCTS - Check out Stefan's original routines!

http://shop.stefanmagie.de
Nathan Kranzo
View Profile
V.I.P.
2955 Posts

Profile of Nathan Kranzo
Yes, I'm sorry if the ad copy was mis-leading. I meant it is really printed and the menu is real. In other words its not a nail writer or a miscall etc.

No this is not a menu from Moy Kong down the street from me. But that wouldn't work well for you anyway. I believe this is a real place in the U.K. that Keith based in on.

Please excuse me if this sounds rude but......who the heck cares? : )

It does however look as real as can be. How do you prove its fake?

All the best,

Kranzo
check out MINDZILLA VOL. 2!!! Brand New Effects. Instant Downloads. Watch Demo Videos. Click below!!!

KranzoMagic.com
aukt
View Profile
Special user
763 Posts

Profile of aukt
Quote:
On 2009-10-25 15:29, Nathan Kranzo wrote:
Yes, I'm sorry if the ad copy was mis-leading.
---------------

Kranzo

Your customer cares nathan - - - your customer. You admit the ad's not correct and then you challenge a customer who's given you money in trust?
Steven Conner
View Profile
Inner circle
2720 Posts

Profile of Steven Conner
Quote:
On 2009-10-25 15:40, aukt wrote:
Quote:
---------------

Kranzo

The Ad does not state from your local restaurant. It is a legitimate menu and if your local restaurant has the same identical menu, fine. Here we go again with technicalities that really has nothing to do with anything. A real menu, no forces, real time, and no fluff. GOOD STUFF!!!!

Steve

Your customer cares nathan - - - your customer. You admit the ad's not correct and then you challenge a customer who's given you money in trust?
"The New York Papers," Mark Twain once said,"have long known that no large question is ever really settled until I have been consulted; it is the way they feel about it, and they show it by always sending to me when they get uneasy. "
Stefan O.
View Profile
Special user
624 Posts

Profile of Stefan O.
It is GOOD STUFF - sorry if my words suggested anything else - I had simply hoped the PDFs would have been easier to translate and print for my own language.

The method itself is ingenious and I really like it.

as I said in my last post: I just got an idea as far as a German version is concerned and I willlet you know if it works out as expected.

Stefan
EXCLUSIVE MENTALISM PRODUCTS - Check out Stefan's original routines!

http://shop.stefanmagie.de
Nathan Kranzo
View Profile
V.I.P.
2955 Posts

Profile of Nathan Kranzo
Quote:
On 2009-10-25 15:40, aukt wrote:
Quote:
---------------

Kranzo

LOL!

The ad is correct. If the gentleman in question would like a refund he can contact me. We have great customer service. that's not an issue.

I still say. Who the heck cares? Not me...and I can't imagine anyone else would. that's just my opinion from professional experience....but I could be wrong. : )

Any problems with the method, menu location, confusing patter, gripes, complaints, compliments, donations and love letters can be sent to me via PM or at nathankranzo@gmail.com

Sorry for the silly distraction. Back to discussion.

I know a couple of pros who love this and are using it already! Paul Kozak was actually the first to purchase it and he is planning on putting it in his Atlantic City show! Sorry if that was a secret Paul. : )

Later,

Kranzo
check out MINDZILLA VOL. 2!!! Brand New Effects. Instant Downloads. Watch Demo Videos. Click below!!!

KranzoMagic.com
Nathan Kranzo
View Profile
V.I.P.
2955 Posts

Profile of Nathan Kranzo
There has been some confusion. It was mentioned that the menu could not be "taken home" with the spectator. They can examine the page but not keep it.

This became misunderstood as "its not a real menu". I believe this is a real place in the U.K. but Keith is away performing on a cruise so I can't ask him at the moment. But I'd like to point out that it doesn't matter. The menu is in and out of the performance so quickly is just a means to an end. You aren't going to get into a long winded discussion about the corporate logo of the restaurant etc.

But for those who are interested IT DOES look VERY Authentic. Just watch the video and tell me what you think. It looks like your average take out menu. They are a dime a dozen. Watch the clip again and decide for yourself.

http://kranzomagic.myshopify.com/product......h-fields

On that page there is also a sample picture of the Menu included!!!!

I would just maybe ad a little soy sauce stain to it etc.

All the best,

Kranzo

KranzoMagic.com
actorscotty
View Profile
Veteran user
wilmington nc
398 Posts

Profile of actorscotty
Used this again last night at my show at porter's neck country club, in wilmington nc, killed, no one questioned anything they were too busy laughing and being amazed,to be truthful I did have a small issue when printing props, but went back and figured that out with printer properties,,,,, best to all, I do like this a lot
DT3
View Profile
Inner circle
Hill Valley
1920 Posts

Profile of DT3
The menu in the promo (look at the close up shot towards the end) has a different look than what you get in this package.

The one in the promo has an "excel spreadsheet" kind of look to it, and that was probably the one Mr Fields was using as his own before releasing the effect.

The menu in the package has a more authentic feel, and as Nathan pointed out above, on the link he posted, along with the clip is a small shot of the menu.

I like the "soy stain" idea!
Nathan Kranzo
View Profile
V.I.P.
2955 Posts

Profile of Nathan Kranzo
LMAO. I didn't notice! : )

Yeah....what Don Theo III said!!!

Thanks DT3

All the best,

Kranzo

KranzoMagic.com
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12968 Posts

Profile of John C
I like this!! Of course they can't take the menu home. Com'n, there are some sneaky things how else can something like this work. Watch the demo vid. It's not a REAL menu. Looks like one. What's the difference. Geez.

This is a great routine well worth the cashola. It's not a one trick pony etc. it's a complete routine that you can make last for minutes if you desire.

Get it!! I did!

J
Nathan Kranzo
View Profile
V.I.P.
2955 Posts

Profile of Nathan Kranzo
Hi John,

Thanks so much for taking the time to give your honest feedback. We know you are a working performer so that means a lot.

Hope you get tons of mileage out of this!!!

All the best,

Kranzo

KranzoMagic.com
Mark McDermott
View Profile
Regular user
Union Mills, IN
111 Posts

Profile of Mark McDermott
Nate,

I did sweet and sour the other night and that is two shows in a row it has rocked! It is a cool feeling when they come to you after the show and tell you they are blown away.

Thanks to you and Keith,

Mark
magicmanfrank
View Profile
Inner circle
1127 Posts

Profile of magicmanfrank
Just ordered & looking forward to getting it!

=Frank=
The Early Bird may get the Worm, but it's the SECOND Mouse that gets the CHEESE!!!

Frank Thurston

www.FrankThurstonMagic.com

https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Magic-of-Frank-Thurston/116625117910?ref=nf
Nathan Kranzo
View Profile
V.I.P.
2955 Posts

Profile of Nathan Kranzo
Hi Mark,

Glad to hear you are having success with this. We now have a German version in the works and Keith has a couple of other things up his sleeve for the future as well....

Kranzo

KranzoMagic.com
drswoboda
View Profile
New user
Milwaukee, WI
78 Posts

Profile of drswoboda
Earlier in the thread it's mentioned this is not a force. The demo shows the choice of Sweet and Sour Chicken. The name of the effect is Sweet and Sour Prediction.

Just so I am clear here, my audience can say "Beef Subgum Chowmein" and this will work?
Thanks,
-David
—"Honest to Goodness, I Only Cheat a Little" - Max Malini (1873-1943), Illusionist
drswoboda
View Profile
New user
Milwaukee, WI
78 Posts

Profile of drswoboda
Earlier in the thread it's mentioned this is not a force. The demo shows the choice of Sweet and Sour Chicken. The name of the effect is Sweet and Sour Prediction.

Just so I am clear here, my audience can say "Beef Subgum Chowmein" and this will work?
Thanks,
-David
—"Honest to Goodness, I Only Cheat a Little" - Max Malini (1873-1943), Illusionist
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12968 Posts

Profile of John C
Quote:
On 2009-11-11 13:35, drswoboda wrote:

Thanks,
-David

It's not a force. They can say "chewed up and spit out dog" you will be able to handle it.

j
thorsten dankworth
View Profile
Regular user
101 Posts

Profile of thorsten dankworth
Quote:
On 2009-11-11 15:32, johncesta wrote:
Quote:
On 2009-11-11 13:35, drswoboda wrote:

Thanks,
-David

They can say "chewed up and spit out dog" you will be able to handle it.

j

To be honest, this could be a little bit misleading. Smile
Waters
View Profile
Inner circle
2508 Posts

Profile of Waters
That looks great gents. Well done. I love the ol' barcode gag (but I always wished it went somewhere). ...this takes that whole "gag" thing and moves it to a whole new level. This makes sense and finishes well; I loved the clip.

With regards,

Sean
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Sweet and Sour Prediction by Keith Fields (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.05 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL