The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Which kind of effect (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Barry Donovan
View Profile
Special user
848 Posts

Profile of Barry Donovan
A remember seeing a mentalist once in london, not sure of his name but he performed an effect were 4 specs choose random 2 digit numbers and when wrote in a line the 8 figures matched with a rolled posted in his back pocket.

is there an effect this clean?
when you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth
Greg Arce
View Profile
Inner circle
6732 Posts

Profile of Greg Arce
This is your standard Add-A-No effect. You can find countless variations in many books and DVDs.

Greg
One of my favorite quotes: "A critic is a legless man who teaches running."
Matze
View Profile
Loyal user
235 Posts

Profile of Matze
Are you talking about this kind of effect? maybe even this exact performance?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gxJtlJ4eze4
bevbevvybev
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
2674 Posts

Profile of bevbevvybev
What Greg said. There are many ways to do this, and what you're describing doesn't sound particularly exciting to me!
Lseeyou
View Profile
Inner circle
1271 Posts

Profile of Lseeyou
That Derren version is not in countless books and dvds Smile
Jamie D
View Profile
Inner circle
Ontario, Canada
2292 Posts

Profile of Jamie D
I would check out a John Riggs's add a Riggs, It's a great approach to what you may be lookinhg for.

Daren
Twitter @darjames
Barry Donovan
View Profile
Special user
848 Posts

Profile of Barry Donovan
Thanks for the answers,

it may not sound exciting but it doesn't mean it will be presenting in a boring way
when you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth
Garrad
View Profile
Elite user
446 Posts

Profile of Garrad
It doesn't sound like an add a no to me, as he said when the digits are read in a line not added together.
Yes if they right them down you could use the add a no principles but it sounds more like a lottery confab to me. Perhaps Owens? This way the numbers are called out. don't have the effect myself but I believe that this is the way it plays.
You might say reality is the result of complex negotiations between the observer and the observed. But that is simply a point of view.

Many Thanks
Garrad
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Which kind of effect (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL