The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » STAT Bleeding Needles First-Aid Kit (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
WayneCapps
View Profile
Special user
Charleston, SC
769 Posts

Profile of WayneCapps
One of my favorite tricks is the Neddle Thru the Arm. Now, it looks like there is a new portable version that has potential to really freak people out. Any reviews on this yet?

http://www.magic.org/store/product_info.php?products_id=6530
DamonWizaed
View Profile
New user
60 Posts

Profile of DamonWizaed
Will receivwe mine tomorrow and let you know.

the best,
Damon
Harley Newman
View Profile
Inner circle
5117 Posts

Profile of Harley Newman
I'm looking forward to a review. Thanks!
“You can’t depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus” -Mark Twain

www.bladewalker.com
WayneCapps
View Profile
Special user
Charleston, SC
769 Posts

Profile of WayneCapps
Sounds good Damon, looking forward to it. I am excited about this one. I am kind of sick!
ferryascanio
View Profile
Loyal user
Jakarta - Indonesia
264 Posts

Profile of ferryascanio
Yes, I'm waiting a review yet ...
Phatmeat
View Profile
Special user
Silver Spring, Maryland
748 Posts

Profile of Phatmeat
I think being able to perform the set up in front of the spectators without arousing any suspicion would be fantastic, so I'd love to hear about the alcohol pad gimmicks and how effective they are in applying the gimmick to the skin.

Thanks in advance!
bobbyk
View Profile
Special user
Florida
683 Posts

Profile of bobbyk
I received mine a few days ago and I am VERY HAPPY with it. I used to perform this effect with Harry's needle which is great but since I only do close up now the bigger needle just didn't work for me all that well. This mini verson is PERFECT for me! I ordered this within 5 minutes of seeing the email about it.

I haven't yet taken full advantage of all that comes with the kit...as I simply do the routine I have always done...but it's really nice to have the prepackaged "Gimmick" in the foil packs ready to apply right in front of the specs. Plus I now have TWO gimmicked needles and two regular needles..which opens up all kinds of possibilities.

The needles seem to be really good quality and they are VERY easy to clean.
If you, like me, have been wishing for a close up version of this classic effect, here it is!

After having this for a couple days I went ahead an ordered the "rollerBall Applicator' as well..seems like it will be a great, non-messy way to apply the "gimmick" when practising. I guess I'll find out Smile

It isn't cheap...but when you consider all of the options available to you with this kit and when you consider you are getting TWO gimmicked blood needles, the price became less of a factor for me.

I like it A LOT!

Best,
Bk
WayneCapps
View Profile
Special user
Charleston, SC
769 Posts

Profile of WayneCapps
Thanks Bobby, great review. I think I will be picking this up soon.
KOTAH
View Profile
Inner circle
2290 Posts

Profile of KOTAH
Check your old issues of MUM, perhaps ten years ago they published an item of mind called Sticky Wicket; a roller ball applicatot for the necessary something for the Needle through arm. A good idea then and now obviously.

Kotah
markmage
View Profile
New user
23 Posts

Profile of markmage
Thanks for the review, Bobby. I perform the Harry Anderson version. It would be nice to have something a bit easier to carry around.
DamonWizaed
View Profile
New user
60 Posts

Profile of DamonWizaed
SSorry it took so long to get this here but I just got mine late yesterday. I agree 100 per cent with Bobby as this is great if you like this sort of thing. It appears the needles are very easy to clean, the application of the 'you know what' is so easy and the first aid kit gives it that much more realism. It may seem a bit pricey but consider what you get! It's high on my list and I always had in the back of my mind that Harry's Needle looked a bit stagey as to the size but these have the right feel.
Anyway my 2 cents.

Damon
Balaram
View Profile
Special user
904 Posts

Profile of Balaram
Quote:
On 2009-10-28 15:13, KOTAH wrote:
Check your old issues of MUM, perhaps ten years ago they published an item of mind called Sticky Wicket; a roller ball applicatot for the necessary something for the Needle through arm. A good idea then and now obviously.

Kotah

Thanks Ron, I don't have the MUMs but I will borrow this issue from a friend with a HUGE archive of all things magic, whom I am fortunate to know.
KOTAH
View Profile
Inner circle
2290 Posts

Profile of KOTAH
Hey Bill, I'm glad you can get your hands on a stack of them.
My column Dayton's Deceptions ran for thirteen years, Hopefully you'll rediscover something uou can make use of.

Kotah
Bill Ligon
View Profile
Inner circle
A sure sign of a misspent youth:
6437 Posts

Profile of Bill Ligon
I'm sure he will, Ron, I'm sure he will!
Author of THE HOLY ART: Bizarre Magick From Naljorpa's Cave. NOW IN HARDCOVER! VIEW: <BR>www.lulu.com/content/1399405 ORDER: http://stores.lulu.com/naljorpa
<BR>A TASSEL ON THE LUNATIC FRINGE
bobbyk
View Profile
Special user
Florida
683 Posts

Profile of bobbyk
I performed this twice tonite. This needle really made performing it a pleasure. I used to feel this effect could often seem to be a bit of a chore, at least to me. However, this kit really eliminated that for me. Lots of fun to perform!

Best,
Bk
Silvio Solaris
View Profile
Inner circle
Xtreme Magic
1110 Posts

Profile of Silvio Solaris
Thanks for the review Gents!

My order is in. I'll put this baby straight into my new mentalism/illusion act.
Magical Wishes

Silvio Solaris

'Is all that we see and seem but a dream within a dream?' E.A.Poe
mrunge
View Profile
Inner circle
Charleston, SC
3716 Posts

Profile of mrunge
This is a great effect, made much more easier to handle, and KILLS!!!

Mark. Smile
tian_ci
View Profile
Elite user
Knoxville, TN
477 Posts

Profile of tian_ci
Are there any more reviews on this?
aalexander
View Profile
Loyal user
232 Posts

Profile of aalexander
Does anyone go through to the pierce-the-spectator part? I'm torn between it being awesome and thinking that people will think I'm a negligent and terrible person.
weepinwil
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
3828 Posts

Profile of weepinwil
I do the needle through the arm on stage. I like the idea of the pocket kit but I assume it is mostly for close up or parlor.... am I right? Or can it be used effectively on stage?
"Til Death us do part!" - Weepin Willie
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » STAT Bleeding Needles First-Aid Kit (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL