The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Knots and loops » » The Skipping Rope & Hoop (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
I have a manuscript I bought from Tannen's back in the 1970's, it describes this as part of an Ellis Ring routine.

I was born in 1947 and the Hula Hoop was not invented yet. It was several years later. Interesting a product is mentioned before it was invented.

In the video you do not use a Hula Hoop or Jumping Rope. So you have discovered the source material that is usually included with most Ring and Rope Routines on the market. Jay Marshall and others have printed this with the ring and rope equipment.

Thanks for your discovery and video. May I suggest you look at the above references by others to clean your you handling of the rope, and creation of the knot. Without being more open in tying the knot, the audience may think you are doing something sneaky.
dpe666
View Profile
Inner circle
2895 Posts

Profile of dpe666
I should not have said, "Hula-Hoop". It is described using a large hoop that kids used to play with by rolling them down the street with a stick. Since those really are not seen anymore, I suggested a hula-hoop. Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Knots and loops » » The Skipping Rope & Hoop (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL