The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » APPS-alutely » » IPhone magic (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
wulfiesmith
View Profile
Special user
Beverley, UK
857 Posts

Profile of wulfiesmith
IPhone magic ... seems to be all the rage. Take a look on YouTube.
Very entertaining.

However ... are there any sources for the professional worker(s)?

Wulfie
Joey Evans
View Profile
Special user
Fort Myers, FL
534 Posts

Profile of Joey Evans
I enjoy Iphone magic, but I don't use it in my working shows. To me it isn't as amazing when you use something as technological as an iphone. This is shown through the audience reactions as well. It's more of a puzzle they can, however inaccurately, rationalize a method themselves.

That being said, I get a lot of mileage out of Isensor and Marty's Magic Coin. Kenner's new rising card is nice as well.
The Visual Comedy and Magic of Joey Evans

http://www.Evansmagic.com/

The Impossible Has Never Been So Funny!
Ashkenazi the Pretty Good
View Profile
Veteran user
Northern California
363 Posts

Profile of Ashkenazi the Pretty Good
Well, there's now a whole section for this issue on the Café, and Steve Sheraton's stuff is quite extraordinary.

Have fun.
------------

We could have been practicing!
theboywonder
View Profile
Loyal user
Scarborough, Ontario, Canada
229 Posts

Profile of theboywonder
Greg Rostami's new one called iForce/Doodle is ABSOLUTELY AMAZING. The best part is that it is customizable, and only costs $2.99. It is BY FAR the best magic app ever made!
It would really be quite tragic
if the world had to do without magic!
gabelson
View Profile
Inner circle
conscientious observer
2070 Posts

Profile of gabelson
I second the amazing iForce app by Greg Rostani. If you're looking to do any mentalism on your iPhone, you MUST get this.
mrmagic0
View Profile
Inner circle
Ron Frank
1493 Posts

Profile of mrmagic0
OK I have tried most of the different iphone effects on the market. Many use basically the same principle buy amazing iforce is the best by far. As stated earlier you can use the effects they give you or make your own. I just tried an effect I made up on my wife and she was impressed. Believe me it takes a lot to do that. Since I do walk around at a restaurant I thought up one that I can use at a table for kids or adults. I have not tried it yet "for real" but I think it will work in most cases. I will try it Tuesday. Get this effect it is the best of them all! Second place would go to the Penn & Teller one if I had to choose.

Ron
Greg Rostami
View Profile
V.I.P.
Skynet will become self-aware in
2607 Posts

Profile of Greg Rostami
Thank you all for supporting iForce.

I know I made the thing, but I gotta tell you . . . I REALLY LOVE performing iForce . . . for the last 2 months it seems like my cards and coins are on vacation. Smile

Ron, all the best to you on your Tuesday performance.

Here's a little tip. When you put the iPhone down on the table in front of you, if you're right handed, put it at a 135 degree angle ( like \ ). If you're left handed then a 45 degree angle ( like / ). This really helps you pick up the iPhone in a very comfortable and quick way.

In contrast, if you put your iPhone in front of you at 90 degrees ( like |) then your wrist has to bend in an uncomfortable way when it comes time to pick it up.

may the Force be with you,
Greg Rostami
Kalen7791
View Profile
New user
9 Posts

Profile of Kalen7791
I've been useing Iforce for the Iphone for the last few days and have been getting a great reponse to it. It is fast becomeing one of my favorite effects to use as an icebreaker for walk around. Mr. Rostami has done a great job on this product. It is by far the best magic app on the Iphone and I know I will be useing Iforce for a long time to come.
Kevinr
View Profile
Inner circle
1853 Posts

Profile of Kevinr
Quote:
On 2009-10-30 18:03, Greg Rostami wrote:
Thank you all for supporting iForce.

I know I made the thing, but I gotta tell you . . . I REALLY LOVE performing iForce . . . for the last 2 months it seems like my cards and coins are on vacation. Smile

Ron, all the best to you on your Tuesday performance.

Here's a little tip. When you put the iPhone down on the table in front of you, if you're right handed, put it at a 135 degree angle ( like \ ). If you're left handed then a 45 degree angle ( like / ). This really helps you pick up the iPhone in a very comfortable and quick way.

In contrast, if you put your iPhone in front of you at 90 degrees ( like |) then your wrist has to bend in an uncomfortable way when it comes time to pick it up.

may the Force be with you,
Greg Rostami

Greg it would be good to come up with some effects for kids with this one maybe using balloon animals or something... Maybe set this up as IFORCE II or something..
mrmagic0
View Profile
Inner circle
Ron Frank
1493 Posts

Profile of mrmagic0
Since you can personalize this why not make up your own kids version? With a little thought it can be done.

Ron
ldrosenblum
View Profile
Regular user
Los Angeles
103 Posts

Profile of ldrosenblum
Just purchased iForce and I must say, it is brilliant. The fact that there are a number of well thought-out ways to present, and that it's customizable makes it endlessly effective.
Just as impressive are the instructions. I often find app instructions poorly written and confusing, but Greg's are more clear and intuitive than those in many of the magic books I own.
iForce is perfect for a newbie like me, but I'm sure it's fun for the pro as well. Kudos!
Check out my new book on our 'perceptual superpowers': www.LawrenceRosenblum.com . It discusses new research on the psychology of misdirection and the neuroplasticity behind expert motor skills.
Steve Friedberg
View Profile
Inner circle
1401 Posts

Profile of Steve Friedberg
Look for "Harry" in the AppStore from Coylebilt. No, not Mr. Lorayne.

I worked with developer Dave Coyle to come up with this app. While Chris' Rising Card is superb, my concern is that as a solely iPhone-based app, it automatically lends itself to the idea that "you did something with the phone. I don't know what." Specifically, it's a technology-based effect, and little more. (And yes, I have bought it, and it's on my iPod Touch.)

By contrast, "Harry" allows the spectator to choose a card. It's returned to the pack. The pack is dropped on the iPhone...and their chosen card appears in the window of the iPhone. Making it more...amazing?...is that the deck can be examined, and the chosen card is not there, meaning it's penetrated into the iPhone. The magician finishes by saying that the card needs to be restored from "cyberland" into the physical deck, and pulls the card from the iPhone.

My thinking here was to develop an effect that utilized the iPhone but also incorporated the physical nature of a real deck as well. I think Dave succeeded admirably. In fact, if you use a blue-backed deck of Tally circle backs, you'll get an added bonus when you do the trick.

Again, the trick is "Harry;" the developer is Coylebilt on the AppStore. I don't get any money if you buy it, but I believe the trick is worthy of your consideration.
Cheers,
Steve

"A trick does not fool the eyes, but fools the brain." -- John Mulholland
wulfiesmith
View Profile
Special user
Beverley, UK
857 Posts

Profile of wulfiesmith
Pleased my posting has received such a quality response ...
It is just my concern that the initial readily available "tricks" that can be supplied for the new iPod touch will not dampen the mystique.

Consequently, I hope that through the MagicCafe we can source professional material ...
magicFreak2
View Profile
Inner circle
1220 Posts

Profile of magicFreak2
Quote:
On 2009-10-28 14:47, wulfiesmith wrote:
IPhone magic ... seems to be all the rage. Take a look on YouTube.
Very entertaining.

However ... are there any sources for the professional worker(s)?

Wulfie

iForce
hbwolkov
View Profile
Inner circle
2948 Posts

Profile of hbwolkov
If they could make an iphone with good reception, that would be magic.
Northern California
beverage
View Profile
New user
62 Posts

Profile of beverage
Just bought Iforce very happy with it.
magicFreak2
View Profile
Inner circle
1220 Posts

Profile of magicFreak2
Quote:
On 2009-11-15 15:38, beverage wrote:
Just bought Iforce very happy with it.

Its like a limited TT without the tricky moves.
Greg Rostami
View Profile
V.I.P.
Skynet will become self-aware in
2607 Posts

Profile of Greg Rostami
Thank you beverage,

Greg
magicseth
View Profile
New user
7 Posts

Profile of magicseth
I have an app that I just released recently, it is called ESP Tester Pro.

I'd love to get anyone's feedback who's used it.

http://bit.ly/4bdF5c

It is an ESP effect. In short, you know which esp symbol someone is thinking of, without watching them, looking at the screen, without vibrations and without without sound. You also have the ability to make them read your mind when you are thinking of a symbol.

Let me know what you think!

-Seth
Agaton
View Profile
Loyal user
Manila
292 Posts

Profile of Agaton
IForce is the best magic app so far. It is a true achievement since we see a lot of useless magic apps around Itunes.

Aside from that, I also like Psypic and Kenner's Rising Card.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » APPS-alutely » » IPhone magic (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL