The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » APPS-alutely » » IPhone magic (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
Tom Cutts
View Profile
Staff
Northern CA
5703 Posts

Profile of Tom Cutts
Quote:
On 2009-11-16 22:38, magicseth wrote:
I have an app that I just released recently, it is called ESP Tester Pro.

I'd love to get anyone's feedback who's used it.

http://bit.ly/4bdF5c

It is an ESP effect. In short, you know which esp symbol someone is thinking of, without watching them, looking at the screen, without vibrations and without without sound.

Interesting idea but I think some people will take issue with the "no peek" claim.
Carl Andrews
View Profile
Special user
Maui, Hawaii
748 Posts

Profile of Carl Andrews
"No Freakin' Way" now available in the App Store

Freak people out every time! Someone thinks of "Any Card" in the deck. Your iPhone scans their finger and runs through the deck finding the card they were thinking of.

No voice activation, they do not have to name a card out loud. They could write down a card on paper or pull out any card from a real deck of cards with everything in their hands, and it really can be ANY card.

What makes "No Freakin' Way" the most amazing and deceptive iPhone card trick on the market?

Unlike ALL others . . . 
1. Everything is done openly, right in front of the audience.
2. There's nothing on the screen to hide -- from even the most observant viewer.
3. A simple swipe and all the dirty work is done without the audience suspecting, let alone detecting anything.
4. The magic happens with your iPhone in the spectator's hand.

Anyone who experiences this miracle will shriek, "NO FREAKIN' WAY!!!"

This was my first app rejected originally rejected back in June. In September Theory 11 was able to get their app released using a similar process thanks to the efforts of Chris Kenner. Penn and Teller and Greg Rostami followed releasing apps which also included a similar method. So finally I have re-submitted my app, got it approved and it is now available in the App store.

http://www.mojosoftwareonline.com

PS Greg, I LOVE iForce!
afknight
View Profile
Elite user
491 Posts

Profile of afknight
Sounds like a great effect Carl. couldn't find the demo on your website
afknight
View Profile
Elite user
491 Posts

Profile of afknight
Quote:
On 2009-11-26 15:51, afknight wrote:
Sounds like a great effect Carl. couldn't find the demo on your website

Oops! I found it. Great effect!
Scott Cram
View Profile
Inner circle
2676 Posts

Profile of Scott Cram
I'd love to see something like Barry and Stuart's ESP Testing Video (here's the method) turned into an iPhone routine.
magicseth
View Profile
New user
7 Posts

Profile of magicseth
Hi Scott, ESP Tester Pro uses Barry and Stuart's method for half of the effect: the part where they read your mind. The other part, where you tell them which symbol they've touched uses an original method. I've linked it above.

Tom, wording is pretty tricky. It is important to note that you don't look at the screen to know which symbol they are thinking of: it is not a marked card, or a hidden symbol. If you have better phrasing. Perhaps I should say "by looking at the back of the iPhone you can tell their symbol."?

Thanks for your feedback! I've got a new utility app with some similarity to iForce, but used for different ends (and a different method too). If you'd like to test it out Tom, shoot me an e-mail: iPhone@magicseth.com

-Seth
wulfiesmith
View Profile
Special user
Beverley, UK
857 Posts

Profile of wulfiesmith
Stating the obvious ...
when you review a product sometimes it has sound and vision ... but beware ... what you are seeing is a demo. The sound from the iPod is coming from a dock or earpiece!

Wulfie
Greg Rostami
View Profile
V.I.P.
Skynet will become self-aware in
2597 Posts

Profile of Greg Rostami
Hi Carl Andrews,

I love all of your software too. Smile

Greg Rostami
res0g47o
View Profile
New user
15 Posts

Profile of res0g47o
Hey iPhone/iPod touch enthusiasts. I have just submitted an App to Apple that should be coming out in about 2-3 weeks. This app gets UNBELIEVABLE reactions...I mean UNBELIEVABLE! Straight forward, simple and miraculous. It is my favorite close up effect. If you would like to be the first to see it send me your email address. You won't be disappointed.
Please email response directly to res0g47o@verizon.net
MrGreggy
View Profile
Loyal user
213 Posts

Profile of MrGreggy
There is an app I use that is not magical, but gets a great reaction. It's called Crazy Candle, and it's just a single birthday cake candle on the screen that lights when touched, then gets blown out when the iphone is shaken. I have the birthday child blow out the candle. The kids get a big kick out of it.

I have an iPhone app that has been very popular with beginner magicians and people teaching magic classes. It's an ebook with over 50 tricks, gags, routines and performing hints. A great resource for instructors. It's basically a scaled-down version of my "Learn Magic" instant author book.

I also have an ebook of just card tricks, which videos demonstrating the various moves.

Check them out:

Learn Magic

Card Tricks
cinful823
View Profile
New user
England, UK
76 Posts

Profile of cinful823
I downloaded iforce yesterday and it is amazing. The best thing is that I can customize my own personal set of magic.
Greg Rostami
View Profile
V.I.P.
Skynet will become self-aware in
2597 Posts

Profile of Greg Rostami
Hi cinful823,

You can read some ideas on how to use iForce here:
http://www.rostamimagic.com/iforce/ideas.html

I hope you continue to have fun with iForce. I perform it every day.

Greg Rostami
rasp
View Profile
Inner circle
1015 Posts

Profile of rasp
Hi Greg, have used iforce for a good few months now and I love it. However since the update there is a glitch that spoils it.
The option to set a code to access the presets is a great idea, but that creates a problem. I like to use the FS method, but this is the sequence I have to go through to use it........
First open doodle, and get the blank screen.
Enter the code, and do a two finger pull down to bring up the preset page.
Hit the preset, to get the blank screen
Enter code again, now I have two options......1. Do a three finger pull down which then shows the FS.
2. Do a two finger pull down which opens the preset page but
this time there is the FE button, now touch the FE button
which then shows the FS. Very long winded.

It would make more sense, and a lot smoother effect if the FE button was always available when the preset page opens. Is there a bug or was it designed like this, and if so why.
Please can you advise, and put out an update that would solve this very annoying problem.

Many thanks, Rasp.
Philemon Vanderbeck
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
4204 Posts

Profile of Philemon Vanderbeck
For some strolling mentalism that I was performing at a private party this past Sunday, I combined Aaron Fisher's "Dead Presidents" with a modification of the Money preset in iForce.
Professor Philemon Vanderbeck
That Creepy Magician
"I use my sixth sense to create the illusion of possessing the other five."
cinful823
View Profile
New user
England, UK
76 Posts

Profile of cinful823
Quote:
On 2010-05-04 13:59, rasp wrote:
Hi Greg, have used iforce for a good few months now and I love it. However since the update there is a glitch that spoils it.
The option to set a code to access the presets is a great idea, but that creates a problem. I like to use the FS method, but this is the sequence I have to go through to use it........
First open doodle, and get the blank screen.
Enter the code, and do a two finger pull down to bring up the preset page.
Hit the preset, to get the blank screen
Enter code again, now I have two options......1. Do a three finger pull down which then shows the FS.
2. Do a two finger pull down which opens the preset page but
this time there is the FE button, now touch the FE button
which then shows the FS. Very long winded.

It would make more sense, and a lot smoother effect if the FE button was always available when the preset page opens. Is there a bug or was it designed like this, and if so why.
Please can you advise, and put out an update that would solve this very annoying problem.

Many thanks, Rasp.

for me I only use one code rather than 4 code to access the preset! I don't know would it be stupid to set only one but I can use my thumb to enter the code and then slide it. Most people will only use the black color to draw things, so I think the possibility for them to use a different color and then accidentally open the preset is pretty low.
jprace
View Profile
Inner circle
2209 Posts

Profile of jprace
I had an effect published in the January, 2010 issue of Genii Magazine entitled Scribbles of Destiny. The iPhone/iPod Touch trick involves a normal, free doodle application, and a spectator is able to draw random marks on the device. When the device is shaken, the scribbles change into a selected card, name, etc.

I use this all the time and I don't think you will be disappointed if you check this trick out. There are tons of possibilities using this concept.
Phone Phreak is here!
Watch the Trailer!
www.JeffPrace.com
Catch me on Instagram
rasp
View Profile
Inner circle
1015 Posts

Profile of rasp
Hi Cinful, yes I too only have a one colour code, but still think it would be best to have access to the FE button every time the preset page launches.
TheGreatRaymondo
View Profile
Special user
Manchester, England
964 Posts

Profile of TheGreatRaymondo
For £1.79 (in the UK) iForce is a steal! Grab it...
TGR
We are inclined to believe those whom we do not know because they have not yet deceived us...
Scott Cram
View Profile
Inner circle
2676 Posts

Profile of Scott Cram
To add one addition out to iForce: Next time you buy an iPhone or an iPod Touch, buy it new from the online Apple Store. When you do that, they offer free engraving. Use the free engraving as an additional out!

For example, if you find yourself doing ESP symbols regularly, you might choose to have the message "You will choose the 3 wavy lines" engraved on the back.

When you're able to use the message on the back, it adds an extra punch to your routine!
magicmind
View Profile
Inner circle
Wandering around with
2183 Posts

Profile of magicmind
Quote:
On 2010-05-17 14:54, Scott Cram wrote:
To add one addition out to iForce: Next time you buy an iPhone or an iPod Touch, buy it new from the online Apple Store. When you do that, they offer free engraving. Use the free engraving as an additional out!

For example, if you find yourself doing ESP symbols regularly, you might choose to have the message "You will choose the 3 wavy lines" engraved on the back.

When you're able to use the message on the back, it adds an extra punch to your routine!

If you lay the device face down, won't they see the engraving? Otherwise you would have to take the case off. I assume you assumed people used a colored and not a clear case. Just trying to clarify for others. (is it me or did my post have way to many puns? (Clearly)
Pay it forward
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » APPS-alutely » » IPhone magic (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.23 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL