The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Where to put it all... » » Question re www.instand.com tables (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

iugefu
View Profile
Veteran user
387 Posts

Profile of iugefu
I like the look of these and am considering buying one.

I see the table tops have a 'lip' around the edge.( they call it a tray)
If one puts a customized sized close up mat on the table top, would this negate the lip? ie c/would things roll of the table? Or is the lip high enough?

thanks
mvmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Has written
1322 Posts

Profile of mvmagic
That would depend on the mat, wouldnt it? Thought its not hard to customize the tabletop. Admitted, I didn't do muh checking as the site is very unprofessional and rather slow to navigate.

Check also Viking Magic, their base might be an option:

http://www.vikingmagic.com/?nd=full&key=307

I use their heavy-duty bases and been very happy. Of course you need to make or buy the tabletop, but then again you get one to match your needs. I bought several flanges for them so I have many different tops, which is great.
Sent from my Typewriter
Doug Arden
View Profile
Special user
886 Posts

Profile of Doug Arden
Quote:
On 2009-10-29 05:01, iugefu wrote:
I like the look of these and am considering buying one.

I see the table tops have a 'lip' around the edge.( they call it a tray)
If one puts a customized sized close up mat on the table top, would this negate the lip? ie c/would things roll of the table? Or is the lip high enough?

thanks

I use a close-up pad on my Instand tables all the time. The lip is very small and once the pad goes it it won't prevent things from rolling off.

Doug
Amazing Magic Co
View Profile
Inner circle
1715 Posts

Profile of Amazing Magic Co
Are you using the heavey duty table or the regular table? Do you feel they are sturdy?

Thanks!
Dan.
iugefu
View Profile
Veteran user
387 Posts

Profile of iugefu
Thanks Doug, that answers my question.

I intend getting 2 ( regular-Ive heard they are sturdy Dan) with different table top sizes:

11 by 13 (with swing out mouse pad for laptop use!)
12 by 18

Do you know if these size close up mats(exactly)are available and where to get them?

thanks again
Amazing Magic Co
View Profile
Inner circle
1715 Posts

Profile of Amazing Magic Co
Great to hear ... thank you.

Dan.
Wes Holly
View Profile
Special user
Cincinnati, OH, USA
644 Posts

Profile of Wes Holly
Interesting tidbit about the Instand tables. I emailed them to find out how much weight they are designed to hold, as I thought this might indicate how sturdy they are. Here is their response to me:

"The CR3 can hold about 10-12 lbs, the CR5 up to about 30 lbs."

Wes Holly
Happily Yours,
Wes Holly
www.wesholly.com
Cincinnati, OH, USA
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24315 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
Those are awfully expensive, considering what you are getting. Do you really think these look good? If I were going to spend more than $200 for a custom table, I would consider other options.

If you know someone who has one of these, go to a show where he is using it and take a look at the way the stage looks.

If you are planning to use these for table hopping in a restaurant, remember how large the spread of the feet of these are. You and the waitstaff will be bumping into the legs.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Where to put it all... » » Question re www.instand.com tables (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL