The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » APPS-alutely » » Iforce Ideas? (20 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7..14~15~16 [Next]
Qwertzy
View Profile
New user
10 Posts

Profile of Qwertzy
How does updates work? Do we need to buy updates or like what Smile?

Also for Ideas, I have
Burger King / McDonald's:
4 Presets
1. Burger
2. Fries
3. Onion Rings
4. Soda
Something like, you go to Burger King and order a whopper meal, imagine sitting down, now whats the first thing you will eat? Will you take a bite out of the burger, or maybe eat some Fries? You can even get a sip of soda. So what will it be, what do you do first?

Then you can use the top 4 major mail serves
Yahoo
Google
Hot Mail
Aim
Qwertzy
View Profile
New user
10 Posts

Profile of Qwertzy
A great update idea is a watermark effect.

You doodle yourself a red box in the corner and then tell the person to doodle their initials in it.

Then by the powerful Greg and his coding skills, the red box and its contents will overlap every preset.

Then tell them you are going to write your prediction with their initials still there.

:) Just another ace in the hole to make the trick more real.
Greg Rostami
View Profile
V.I.P.
Skynet will become self-aware in
2871 Posts

Profile of Greg Rostami
Hi Qwertzy,

All I can say is we're already playing with something like that right now, but even BETTER.

Stay Tuned,
You're all going to be SHOCKED soon . . .
Greg Rostami
Qwertzy
View Profile
New user
10 Posts

Profile of Qwertzy
Im a coder myself, or just a computer nerd. Im a web developer, amateur programmer, I own a dedi with 12 domains, and I get paid for a living in making CMS's or other stuff.

So any new coding I come into I like to learn, at the moment I'm learning FaceBook API, I want to get iTouch SDK but I don't own a Mac.

bummer
Qwertzy
View Profile
New user
10 Posts

Profile of Qwertzy
By default you should also have Heads or Tails 2x for easy.
weapon
View Profile
Inner circle
I am Emran. I have,
1328 Posts

Profile of weapon
BTW I posted this in another forum... but if you own Powerball 60 and Iforce.. your god.. check my post

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/searc......=6372181
Eternity by Emran Riaz (Gimmicks + Download) An IMPOSSIBLE prediction of ANY number, ANY word, literally ENGRAVED in a medallion they've been holding THE ENTIRE TIME.
http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/12181
Scott Cram
View Profile
Inner circle
2678 Posts

Profile of Scott Cram
iForce 1.2 is now available on the App Store!
jprace
View Profile
Inner circle
2209 Posts

Profile of jprace
I love the added passcode! A great idea.

The only problem I'm having with it is that after I pick my preset, I have to re-enter the password to do a three finger swipe down.
yachanin
View Profile
Inner circle
Cleveland, OH
2105 Posts

Profile of yachanin
As the holiday season approaches, you might ask, "Which of Santa's reindeer is your favorite?"

Regards, Steve

P.S. - Remember, it's "Donder," not "Donner." Smile
Scott Cram
View Profile
Inner circle
2678 Posts

Profile of Scott Cram
I like the reindeer idea, but as to whether you should use "Donder" (Dutch for "Thunder") or "Donner" (German for "Thunder") should be determined by what your audience thinks is the reindeer's name.

Heck, it's iForce - just have 2 different presets (one set with Donder and one set with Donner), and ask your spectator to name all of Santa's reindeer before you choose your preset, so you know which one to use.

The alternative is trying to correct your audience, which never comes across as being effective.

BTW, to avert people naming Rudolph, you should probably specify the reindeer from the poem A Visit From St. Nicholas.
yachanin
View Profile
Inner circle
Cleveland, OH
2105 Posts

Profile of yachanin
Hi Scot,

The "Donder" vs "Donner" thing in my post was really in jest. Most everyone I know says, "Donner," even though Clement Clarke Moore's poem calls the reindeer, "Donder" (although there is apparently some controversy about Moore even being the author).

I think using "Donner" is fine and I will just have that name in my preset and like your idea about having the spec name the reindeer.

Regards, Steve
Philemon Vanderbeck
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
4698 Posts

Profile of Philemon Vanderbeck
When doing predictions, sometimes getting close is far more effective than getting it spot on.
Professor Philemon Vanderbeck
That Creepy Magician
"I use my sixth sense to create the illusion of possessing the other five."
yachanin
View Profile
Inner circle
Cleveland, OH
2105 Posts

Profile of yachanin
Quote:
On 2009-11-10 14:24, BrandonWilliams wrote:
How about this? Have the spectator choose from an imaginary row of four coins(penny nickel dime quarter). Then have them flip the imaginary coin and decide if it landed heads or tails up. Your prediction would read something like "the quarter is heads up". This gives the spectator two free choices while still limiting the outcome to eight outs.

Hi Brandon,

Your idea got me thinking and I tried this out and got a great reaction: Having placed my iPhone on a table, I asked a spec to reach into her purse and pull out the first coin she found and then "flip" it to see if it came up "heads" or "tails." She did so (it was a dime and came up "tails"). I turned over my iPhone and she was amazed Smile

I think by having the spec pull out an actual coin you avoid "limiting" their choices to only four coins by telling them to imagine either a penny, nickel, dime, or quarter. In reality, of course, they are essentially limited to those four (at least in the U.S.), but I think it is not as apparent that they are limited. Of course if they pull out a half dollar or silver dollar, ignore the phone for the time being and go into a coin routine, finish it, and then ask them to pull out another coin.

Regards, Steve
FredNarlo
View Profile
Loyal user
Been waiting for John Dough for the last
282 Posts

Profile of FredNarlo
Anyone considering entering the contest?

Randy
Greg Rostami
View Profile
V.I.P.
2871 Posts

Profile of Greg Rostami
Yes . . .
Anyone considering entering the contest?

So far only 2 people have contacted me about entering the contest. Hence the chances of Randy or the other person winning the $300 is currently 50%.

Greg Rostami
FredNarlo
View Profile
Loyal user
282 Posts

Profile of FredNarlo
Fellow conjurers, enter so we can exchange ideas and explore different avenues to go down with this cool utility, not solely for the money! If you have a great idea of just want to send in a video that is some stuff we already have discussed, then do it! The prizes are great but this could be a great way for us to really get some thoughts brewing on this. There are I am sure some real gems out there...but we can't brainstorm if nobody enters!

Randy
bunkyhenry
View Profile
Special user
NYC Metro
828 Posts

Profile of bunkyhenry
I have been doing golf scores. Pae, Bogey, double bogey,triple bogey,birdie, eagle, double eagle,albatross
FredNarlo
View Profile
Loyal user
282 Posts

Profile of FredNarlo
Awesome! I wish I had known a couple days ago...I went golfing with my son and could have used that.
Greg Rostami
View Profile
V.I.P.
2871 Posts

Profile of Greg Rostami
Hello friends . . .

iForce has been submitted to the 2009 Best App Ever Awards for the category of "Most Creative Use of iPhone Hardware" at:

http://bestappever.com/c/cuap/331480970/nom

If you could give us a vote, Randy and I would really appreciate it.

thank you,
Greg Rostami
FredNarlo
View Profile
Loyal user
282 Posts

Profile of FredNarlo
Here is something to laugh at! A few minutes ago I get in my car on the way to the local coffee shop to film my IForce routine to submit for the contest and as I am driving I mentally check off the things I need to be sure I remembered them and I suddenly realize...duh!...I obviously can't use my IPhone to tape the routine!!!

I guess I need to find a video camera. It's so crazy how much we depend on our phones nowadays!

Randy
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » APPS-alutely » » Iforce Ideas? (20 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7..14~15~16 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL