The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Review: Malone Meets Marlo Volume 6 DVD (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

ImpromptuBoy
View Profile
Special user
Toronto, Canada
883 Posts

Profile of ImpromptuBoy
Hi everyone,
Here's my review for this wonderful wonderful DVD. I don't have any Bill Malone material (I know, laugh at me Smile), however, that doesn't mean I don't know that he's one of the best magicians in the world today. Marlo material, however, I have a lot of, so I wanted to ombine Marlo with Bill's performances.
So without any further a due, I'd like to review the great effects in this DVD.

Immediate Bottom Deal — Four spectators find the ir cards just by saying stop as the magician deals the cards slowly and fairly to the table!
This is a great trick, the misdirection is perfect, and the reaction is great. Fairly easy to do.

Diamond Cut Diamond — You will add this to your repertoire! Dave Solomon meets Eddie Marlo!
This is a great routine, in essence, what happens is, 2 cards are picked, the ace through king of diamonds are placed aside. another spectator names one of the diamonds, that diamond changes to the second spectator's card, the missing diamond is found in the middle of the deck, and you count whatever number of cards in the spread according to the value of the diamond, and the first spetator's card is found. It's a great routine, and gets great reations.

21-Card Trick — A trick everyone knows brought to another level by Marlo, Draun and Solomon! A great routine!
This is, without a doubt, my favourite one in this DVD. Everyone knows the 21 card trick, but this one's the 21 card trick outdone. It has 3 phases, each time getting more and more interesting. The final phase is just pure humour. Wonderful trick.

Surrounded Open Travelers — This one can be done surrounded!
This is a famous one from Bill Malone's repertoire (I believe it is shown in Bill Malone's on the loose series). Personally, I don't do these types of effects, but maybe I'll give it a try one day.
Marlo on the Benzais Spin-Out-Bill demonstrating Marlo's ways of revealing cards using the Benzais spin out move. Very useful move, which I use quite a bit.
The Lessinout Stack / Steve Draun’s “Lightning Fast Poker” — A lesson in gambling that will blow them away!
I'm very hot on gambling moves, and demonstrations (that's my specialty), and this stacking demonstration is nie, with humour packed into it. I love it.

Mental Reverse — A thought-of card reverses itself in the pack! Another Marlo classic.
Another great little trick, with the card starring at them right in the face. Gets great reactions.

Direct Transposition, Part One — A transposition like no other!
I learned the diret transposition from Marlo's the Cardician DVD. Great routine nontheless.
Visual Transposition, Part Two — This one looks like trick photography! A card in the deck transposes with a card in the magician’s pocket!
Another really cool application.

Professional Ace Cutting — Shuffle the deck and cut to the Aces! Simply one of the best Ace-cutting routines ever created!
Another one of my favourites, excellent idea, and not very difficult to do, if you have a decent ...well, you'll see when you watch it.

Four Burglars — The classic story with a twist at the end!
Four aces change into four jacks. Another great routine.

The Vanishing 11 — A whole packet of cards just disappears! This routine never fails to get a great reaction!
When you do this routine, your audience will simply be in shock. A packet of 12 cards are counted into the hand, when the hand is opened, 11 cards vanished, leaving only the spectator's card in your hand. Very nice routine, gets amazing reactions.

WOW! — A card instantly disappears while trapped between the two red Kings, and it reappears back in the middle of the deck! You will watch this one twice!
Wow is right! This effect is very similar to JC Wagner's Royal Detectives, with a slightly different application. I love this one, really is wow.

Unbelievable Aces — Without a doubt, one of Marlo’s finest Ace assemblies!
Bill doesn't perform this is front of an audience, but a great trick nontheless.

Bill offers tips, some variations on techniques, and touches on extra techniques from time to time.
Bill tells a lot about Marlo, showing pictures, telling stories, offers some history, and memories, and it's a great DVD overall.
Marlo was, no doubt in my mind, the best card magician there ever was.

Overall 5/5

Michael
Miraclemakers
View Profile
Special user
INA
666 Posts

Profile of Miraclemakers
WOW......this one is gonna be great...........
Thanks for the review ImpromptuBoy ........
MagicManJL
View Profile
New user
53 Posts

Profile of MagicManJL
If the 21-card Trick is the same as in "The Wisdom of Solomon", it's unbelievable. Especially the third phase...
coolini
View Profile
Regular user
australia
175 Posts

Profile of coolini
This set is great and volume 6 along with volume 1 were my favourites, there r lots of materials covered here and Bill does different control and force techniques in each trick that he does which makes it easy to learn marlo's techniques and apply them as well
Steve James
View Profile
Veteran user
333 Posts

Profile of Steve James
Regards the 21 card trick,I find the 2nd phase is the real baffler.
1st and 3rd phases are easily worked out.

I recently bought volumes 4 & 6 and they "re great.
magiclimber
View Profile
Veteran user
Boulder, Colorado
315 Posts

Profile of magiclimber
The entire set is great.

Volume 3 is my favorite.

I didn't even like Malone before I got these, now I think he's great!

He's a good teacher and his performances have the right amount of comedy.

HIghly recommended.
Miraclemakers
View Profile
Special user
INA
666 Posts

Profile of Miraclemakers
Finely, I brought this DVD set....HIGHLY RECOMMENDED....
studentoflife
View Profile
Veteran user
Paris, France
310 Posts

Profile of studentoflife
One Word, titanesque Smile
- Y
<BR>"Nothing is difficult...it's all about what you want, and how bad you want it."
papawemba
View Profile
Special user
650 Posts

Profile of papawemba
Thanks for the review !
I very interested in this 21 card trick, looks crazy !
Is it workable with a borrowed deck in use ? (Or need set up !?)
And is it in the book "Cardially Yours" Volume 2 or other book ?

Thanks a lot for anyone's help Smile
Nicolas
papawemba
View Profile
Special user
650 Posts

Profile of papawemba
Is it the same as "21 Card Trick Streamlined" ?

Thanks !
Tommytallica
View Profile
New user
uuuh jeg har skrevet
94 Posts

Profile of Tommytallica
I really enjoyed this DVD set.

great value.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Review: Malone Meets Marlo Volume 6 DVD (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL