The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Dan Watkins The Coin Change Chalice (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
feher
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
1421 Posts

Profile of feher
Hi Dan,
What a wonderful routine you have there !!!!! Very clever, straight foward magic, I loved it.
Thanks for sharing
Tim
Mean people SUCK!!!!!!!
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
sleeping with the fishes...
10770 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
Laurie pour some wine in yur new chalce and toast the Café . good luck with your new find
Come check out my magic.

http://www.vinnymarini.com
doug brewer
View Profile
V.I.P.
1140 Posts

Profile of doug brewer
Mostly what you want is a rounded bottom cup, so even an egg cup or liquor cup should work. I'm looking for one also . . . great routine.
mwmagic
View Profile
Loyal user
249 Posts

Profile of mwmagic
This is a logical and magical effect from Dan. Shame its not available as a download. I am not sure about the continual return to the pockets and know Dan has another version in mind for the future.

Doug - You can get a brandy goblet for around $2 from ebay and with the coins you are away.

I had a quick shot at this, but with a different theme; "CSB Alchemy". I do not own a suitable goblet. Mine is too tall and shiney. I will be working on this idea so any comments welcomed for version 2!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M3WWbRcBlao&feature=channel
magicalaurie
View Profile
Inner circle
Ontario, Canada
2905 Posts

Profile of magicalaurie
Quote:
On 2009-11-07 17:01, mwmagic wrote:
Shame its not available as a download.

Why's that?
Double J
View Profile
Veteran user
331 Posts

Profile of Double J
Quote:
On 2009-11-07 17:01, mwmagic wrote:
This is a logical and magical effect from Dan. Shame its not available as a download. I am not sure about the continual return to the pockets and know Dan has another version in mind for the future.

Doug - You can get a brandy goblet for around $2 from ebay and with the coins you are away.

I had a quick shot at this, but with a different theme; "CSB Alchemy". I do not own a suitable goblet. Mine is too tall and shiney. I will be working on this idea so any comments welcomed for version 2!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M3WWbRcBlao&feature=channel

I really hope that whoever posted this video takes it down ASAP. Your not going to fool anyone, in fact, you are only tipping the effect. Your technical ability is not there yet. It's obvious that your left hand is concealing another coin... It's like your doing a juggling act with one hand... A blind person could pick up on that. The real world doesn't allow you to move your left hand out of frame to dump and pick up coins off screen.

If you care about magic at all, You will take the video down.
Lo-Key
View Profile
Loyal user
Earth
225 Posts

Profile of Lo-Key
'Ouch but so true.

LO
Dan Watkins
View Profile
Inner circle
PA
3028 Posts

Profile of Dan Watkins
I have methods that do not involve the pockets. In fact the very thing that Martin did in his video I have done (I pour out all the coins and have a spectator add them one at a time).

But it involves holding out coins instead of out of frame pickups. One thing I also do is keep only the Chinese coin in my pocket to keep it a suprise.

I also have some work on it that I am not ready to tip that is both clean and doesn't need pockets. (Gotta keep some stuff ya know).

The version I teach on the new NYC coin magic seminar DVD is the one using the pockets because it is very clean and easy. Anyone can do it. And the pocket trips are motivated because you are getting a coin. You have a reason to be there.

Martin, I appreciate your enthusiasm about my trick, but I would prefer that you wait until my published version comes out on DVD in a few months from now before putting YouTube clips up. The coin switches you are using are not smooth yet and I do think it tips things, even though those who put their mind to it can reverse engineer my routine (its not too difficult to do with multiple viewings), I'd prefer not to have YouTube clips up making it easier for people to do so.

Feel free to work on the trick though, I hope you have fun with it!

Dan
Click to visit:
motown
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta by way of Detroit
6010 Posts

Profile of motown
Martin,

I hope you're the of fellow who can handle a little constructive criticism. Before you put something on YouTube, make sure you've got everthing worked out. The moves. The presentation. Etc.

Dan's routine is one of the most magical coin routines I've seen in a long time, yours unfortunately wasn't.

Wait till Dan's routine comes out and learn from what he has to offer. You won't be disappointed.
"If you ever write anything about me after I'm gone, I will come back and haunt you."
– Karl Germain
doug brewer
View Profile
V.I.P.
1140 Posts

Profile of doug brewer
Hey Martin: We're not piling on here, but I'm going to second Dan's response as well as Motown's - this is an example where putting your version on Youtube is not doing Dan's routine or your handling justice. Perhaps wait until Dan's routine is truly available then work out a handling without going out of frame. Cheers!
Doug
mwmagic
View Profile
Loyal user
249 Posts

Profile of mwmagic
Thank you for the comments. I have removed the video because that is the right thing to do and I agree with you guys. I only spent ten minutes on this to try it out. My intention was merely to try a different theme and approach, not tip the method, or produce a smooth polished routine.
doug brewer
View Profile
V.I.P.
1140 Posts

Profile of doug brewer
That was very kind of you Martin. Again, I like your spirit, but hold on to that thought until it comes out officially!
krintz
View Profile
Regular user
135 Posts

Profile of krintz
This 'Chalice' thing is fantastic. If it has been done before, I've never seen it. And, the potential for the chalice cover... magic vase stuff, but with coins.
Could somebody give me a link to get one of these? I'm trying just about everything on Google/EBay, and am not getting it.
This may be better than an Okito Box!
Crinz
Dan Watkins
View Profile
Inner circle
PA
3028 Posts

Profile of Dan Watkins
Thanks Martin.
Click to visit:
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
sleeping with the fishes...
10770 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
Doug and Dan a lot of class I like that
vinny
Come check out my magic.

http://www.vinnymarini.com
Rich Cupcake
View Profile
New user
58 Posts

Profile of Rich Cupcake
Looks like another fine example of real magic. Great routine....I can't wait to learn it.
motown
View Profile
Inner circle
6010 Posts

Profile of motown
Does anyone know if this routine is on the latest NY Coin Magic Seminar DVDs?

Sure hope so. It's a beauty.

Michael? Dan?
"If you ever write anything about me after I'm gone, I will come back and haunt you."
– Karl Germain
Michael Rubinstein
View Profile
V.I.P.
4099 Posts

Profile of Michael Rubinstein
Yes it is.. Click on the banner and read the contents of each to see which volume it's on (i think its volume 13).
Available at dealers EVERYWHERE - RUBINSTEIN COIN MAGIC- The biggest book on coin magic since Bobo's Modern Coin Magic, and the most important since David Roth's Expert Coin Magic! Hardbound, 500 pages, 20 chapters of state of the art coin magic illustrated with 930 crisp photos! A contribution chapter from over 20 of the world's top coin magicians! This will be the book against which all future books on coin magic will be measured! Already called a Modern Classic!!
And if anyone (USA ONLY) needs some of the coin stuff used in the book, shoot me an email at rubinsteindvm@aol.com as I have some limited supplies of coins and props used in the book.
motown
View Profile
Inner circle
6010 Posts

Profile of motown
Michael your right. Thanks, I missed it the first time I looked.
– Karl Germain
Cpontz
View Profile
Special user
Daupin PA
553 Posts

Profile of Cpontz
Dan: I liked the routine a lot and this is not even the final version. I missed this years coin seminar and regret it. Hopefully, I'll be able to make next years.

Its good that all of the worker routines, including yours, are included in the new DVD's.

Keep up the good work.

Thanks

Craig
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Dan Watkins The Coin Change Chalice (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL