The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Dan Watkins The Coin Change Chalice (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5340 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
Very nice, Dan. I just got your "Coin Man Walking" DVD and love it, so I am on the lookout for more from you!

Thanks!

Jim
harris
View Profile
Inner circle
Harris Deutsch
8695 Posts

Profile of harris
Being able to take mentorship on line and in person...Beautiful and priceless.

Wish more people were like that. (on both hats of the mentor or mentoreeeeeeee.)

Harris
(still wearing both hats)
Harris Deutsch aka dr laugh
drlaugh4u@gmail.com
music, magic and marvelous toys
http://magician.org/member/drlaugh4u
Lawrence O
View Profile
Inner circle
Greenwich (CT)
6799 Posts

Profile of Lawrence O
Beautiful: every move is justified and it's clean as a whistle. That's what magic should look like. Congratulations, Dan.
Magic is the art of proving impossible things in parallel dimensions that can't be reached
Dan Watkins
View Profile
Inner circle
PA
3028 Posts

Profile of Dan Watkins
Thanks again for the compliments on the routine everyone.

I haven't seen it yet but the DVD performance has a presentation. My web clip really didn't. My web clip is more of a demo.

I'm looking forward to seeing how it came out on the DVD.
Click to visit:
joseph
View Profile
Eternal Order
Please ignore my
17137 Posts

Profile of joseph
Still trying to find a little chalice...
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." (Einstein)...
Stanyon
View Profile
Inner circle
Landrum, S.C. by way of Chicago
3411 Posts

Profile of Stanyon
Me too! I think Dan and Mike Gallo got them all.

Cheers! Smile
Stanyon

aka Steve Taylor

"Every move a move!"

"If you've enjoyed my performance half as much as I've enjoyed performing for you, then you've enjoyed it twice as much as me!"
John T Cox
View Profile
Veteran user
384 Posts

Profile of John T Cox
I've been to all the local World Market type places and Tuesday Morning. No luck so far.

Still looking.
The real magic is family!
Dan Watkins
View Profile
Inner circle
PA
3028 Posts

Profile of Dan Watkins
If you could find a small bowl that would work too. Just today I was at Wal-Mart and was playing with an ice cream scooper. You can toss a coin in there and pour them out, though with an ice cream scooper you need to figure out a different presentation for it Smile

I did an internet search and it is hard to find these things.

This $4.99 one looks the closest to what I have. But I don't know for sure if the coins fit inside, etc. Maybe if someone wants to buy one and see how it works and post back here? 3" Brass Goblet

Here is something else I found similar, which is a little bigger for $15. Again, not sure if it works good or not. 5" Silver Cup
Click to visit:
motown
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta by way of Detroit
6010 Posts

Profile of motown
Try antique stores, flea markets and ebay for the chalice/goblet.

Looking forward to getting this.
"If you ever write anything about me after I'm gone, I will come back and haunt you."
– Karl Germain
Dan Watkins
View Profile
Inner circle
PA
3028 Posts

Profile of Dan Watkins
I just got the NYC DVDs. I haven't watched them yet, but as can be expected, the first thing I did watch was my routine.

It came out very well both the performance and the explanation. It looks MUCH MUCH better than my web demo.
Click to visit:
MacIrish
View Profile
Regular user
139 Posts

Profile of MacIrish
Quote:
On 2010-01-26 20:04, Dan Watkins wrote:
If you could find a small bowl that would work too. Just today I was at Wal-Mart and was playing with an ice cream scooper. You can toss a coin in there and pour them out, though with an ice cream scooper you need to figure out a different presentation for it Smile

This $4.99 one looks the closest to what I have. But I don't know for sure if the coins fit inside, etc. Maybe if someone wants to buy one and see how it works and post back here? 3" Brass Goblet

Here is something else I found similar, which is a little bigger for $15. Again, not sure if it works good or not. 5" Silver Cup

I called the company with the brass goblet - he didn't know for sure but thought the opening was "about" 1" or 1 1/4".

Michael
MacIrish
View Profile
Regular user
139 Posts

Profile of MacIrish
I went ahead and ordered the brass goblet.

I'll report back the dimensions for those who are interested.

Michael
Rizzo
View Profile
Inner circle
East Coast
3210 Posts

Profile of Rizzo
I have a few available for sale, brass aprox 3 inch in height and hold halves,but in need of a polish
Nothing Personal-Strictly Business
MacIrish
View Profile
Regular user
139 Posts

Profile of MacIrish
Quote:
On 2010-01-26 20:04, Dan Watkins wrote:

For Those interested:

I ordered the brass goblet Dan mentioned above and just received it. It will work just fine and appears to be almost the same in size as the one he uses in the video.

Height = 3"
base Diameter = 1 1/2"
Top opening = 1 3/4"

Very Nice and rings when a coin is dropped in.

For the price you can't beat it - however, shipping was $9.95! (Ouch!)
Rizzo
View Profile
Inner circle
East Coast
3210 Posts

Profile of Rizzo
I have only a couple left now if anyone still needing them.They have a nice 'chime' when coin is doropped in or out of.I know this is not the for sale section but a lot of folks still looking for these so I wanted to let them know. PM me if you need too.
Dan Watkins
View Profile
Inner circle
PA
3028 Posts

Profile of Dan Watkins
Mine is:

Height = 2.25"
Base Diameter = 1.25"
Top Opening = 1.5"

Rizzo what size are yours?
Click to visit:
Tom G
View Profile
Inner circle
2739 Posts

Profile of Tom G
I just received my package from Rizzo. They are nice and a decent little ring to them (using silver halves). I don't have my good calipers so this is a little rough.... And like he says a little cleaning wouldn't hurt.
Height 2.42"
Base 1.25"
Top Opening 1.42"
Rizzo
View Profile
Inner circle
East Coast
3210 Posts

Profile of Rizzo
Down to last 2 then that's it for a while. PM me for purchase.
twistedace
View Profile
Inner circle
philadelphia
3772 Posts

Profile of twistedace
I liked it. It was very "Rothian" in a sense because of the props and the story line. I just may work on this and work out my own way without as many trips to the pockets because Dan's holding that information for himself! Great plot!
Almost-A-Magician
View Profile
Regular user
New England
160 Posts

Profile of Almost-A-Magician
Just grabbed two of these off ebay - brass, from India and dimensions similar to what Dan described. They are interesting in that the base is actually a bell with a clear nice ringing round when shaken. Could be a reason that the magic happens....or might just be a really annoying distraction! Will have to play with it and see. Might remove the hanging bell thing so it will just be a chalice.

Click here to view attached image.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Dan Watkins The Coin Change Chalice (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL