The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Yunke interlude (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
RVH Magic
View Profile
Special user
877 Posts

Profile of RVH Magic
Gothike,

Do you perform the Interlude illusion in your show? (build by Gaughan?)
I ask because your arguments are the same as used by those who perform with rip off illusions ;-)

Of course vertical boxes & fake l#g gimmick have been used before in other illusions and the effect of a 'jump into body' effect(which is not the same as the Interlude effect since this is a girl crawling thru the body of the magician) has his roots in vaudeville but Steinmeyer was the first one to put all these elements together in his creation of the Interlude illusion.
He also added a lot of things that are unique to this illusion (with the help of John Gaughan and Jonathan Pendragon who was the first to perform this illusion on 'the best of magic' TV show in the UK)

If you have proof (book, video) of a clown gag that uses these elements for this effect before Steinmeyer created his then I like to see them...

Yunke's version was inspired on Steinmeyers Interlude but he used his own method and design.

Peter Marvey created indeed his own boxless version,which he calls 'out of imagination',in 2001
Fabricem
View Profile
Elite user
479 Posts

Profile of Fabricem
Raphael about Peter Marvey( "The Great"),
if I don't mistake he create this effect before than 2001,
I know about what" magician 's hotline " wrote but is wrong ,
I have some video tapes whit his Illusion performed before ,
I think around 1997,
but maybe I mistake...............
RVH Magic
View Profile
Special user
877 Posts

Profile of RVH Magic
Hi Fabrice,

In 1996 he created the independed head, his dwarf illusion (superman) & his arm and leg transposition which he performed at Fism in Dresden.(1997)
'Out of imagination' was performed much later! (Arr. 2001)
g0thike
View Profile
Special user
722 Posts

Profile of g0thike
Rafael,

Been away with Holiday parties. I don't own any rip off illusions but I have noticed you are knowledgeable about illusions and sometimes you seem to call everything a rip off. I also don’t own an Interlude.

Earlier in this thread you said “The interlude & the gag as used by Buster Keaton are 2 different things (both in effect, method & design)”. Then you said, “the effect of a 'jump into body' effect(which is not the same as the Interlude effect since this is a girl crawling thru the body of the magician) has his roots in vaudeville”.

As much as I want to waste my time arguing with you, I really see little logic arguing on the basis of a person jumping or crawling. Too much gray area. I have seen a tiger jump with S & R, a rocket jump with Franz H.

“Yunke's version was inspired on Steinmeyers Interlude but he used his own method and design.”.

Yunke’s version could have been inspired by the movie Alien since he has an alien coming out of his stomach, or the old clown gag, or even Steinmeyer. What is cool is you recognized a new method and design.

“If you have proof (book, video) of a clown gag that uses these elements for this effect before Steinmeyer created his then I like to see them”.

I got a handful of old school clowns, (40 years performing) who will laugh at this discussion. Even if they are able to find an old picture, will you call John Gaughan and demand some money back?

G0THIKE
RVH Magic
View Profile
Special user
877 Posts

Profile of RVH Magic
Gothike,

I only call things a rip off when they are! (after checking the facts!)
For example: I don't call Yunke's version a rip off of Steinmeyers interlude since he's using a different methode & design and since the effect has it's roots in a visual gag.

I have done many gala shows with Yunke so I've seen his version up close & I used to have a Gaughan interlude (which is now being used by Stuart & Barry) so I know the difference between them and No, they are not the same !
Also I know that Yunke got his inspiration from Steinmeyers interlude & not from the movie Aliens or from the old clown gag.

I'm sure your clown friends will think these are the same illusions but then again they don't know the inner working of these illusions!
furthermore I've checked my clown library (yes, I have a big collection of old clown books) and I've checked with some clown friends (both in Europe & USA) and they share my opinion that the Buster Keaton gag and Steinmeyers version are different in methode, effect & design.

Concerning the tiger jump of S&R - they also use Steinmeyers interlude for this!

Concerning Franz Harary's Rocket jump (missile) - this is his own creation and very different from the interlude as you can see here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jdVo5v2x3p4

If you believe that all these illusions are the same then who am I to argue with you...
Hansel
View Profile
Inner circle
Puerto Rico
2492 Posts

Profile of Hansel
This one is good! I saw Peter Marvey do his version 5 times...at the end of the tour the reaction was so poor that he don't do it anymore. I don't like Peter Marvey version, is original but the public don't like it!!!
Follow Me...
Facebook: https://m.facebook.com/Hansels-Comedy-and-Magic-Show-929625643774678/
Youtube: HanselSP
Twitter: @HanselSP
Instagram: HanselSP
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Yunke interlude (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL