The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... » » Social compliance (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
mindpunisher
View Profile
Inner circle
6132 Posts

Profile of mindpunisher
Welcome back to the green asylum. You back for more therapy?
TonyB2009
View Profile
Inner circle
5006 Posts

Profile of TonyB2009
Quote:
On 2009-11-07 13:17, mindpunisher wrote:
I provided information from expert sources on these subjects. Anything I have put forward was not my information. It came from expert sources.

Prize for the best laugh of the weekend has to go to Mindpunisher. He mentions experts, then he quotes Bruce Lipton. Time to check up the meaning of the word expert - and this time I suggest you don't rely on google.

Prize for the most sensible input of the weekend must go to Danny, who wrote: "If it is real or if it is not real missed the point. It will not change the way a show is done one way or the other. If it is real or fake or whatever, it does not matter."

I have said that before - whatever your view of hypnosis, what matters is that it does not hinder your ability to put on a good show.

Good to see you back, Danny. Its fun to argue with someone who will defend his position without becoming a dogmatic bore.
mindpunisher
View Profile
Inner circle
6132 Posts

Profile of mindpunisher
>>>Good to see you back, Danny. Its fun to argue with someone who will defend his position without becoming a dogmatic bore<<<

Tony I think you easily win the best laugh vote. If anyone is a dogmatic bore it has to be you. Read your last few posts. Its you you describe. I guess there is something in perception is projection.

You look more like an idiot with each post. Which part of Liptons quote are you refuting? And where is your proof?

that's really about as deep as you get. I hope your shows are better than your logic.
TonyB2009
View Profile
Inner circle
5006 Posts

Profile of TonyB2009
Mindpunisher, I am not refuting anything Lipton said. I am merely pointing out to every reader of these forums something which you did not point out: he is not a doctor, and is about as qualified to make his medical pronouncements as the Dali Lama, the Beatles Maharishi, or any other new-ager.He's your expert; it is up to you to defend his position, which is at odds with all accepted medical thinking.

Attacking me is the easy option; mouthy people like me are big targets. A more interesting approach would be to back up your arguements by quoting actual experts, people who work in the field they are talking about. Its an interesting thougth, but I won't hold my breath waiting for you to try it.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20386 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Quote:
On 2009-11-07 19:31, mindpunisher wrote:
>>>Good to see you back, Danny. Its fun to argue with someone who will defend his position without becoming a dogmatic bore<<<

Tony I think you easily win the best laugh vote. If anyone is a dogmatic bore it has to be you. Read your last few posts.

Technically if this were true, (and mind you I am not saying it is true) it would be something like "best in irony". But why quibble?

Although you do prove my point that if more hypnotists studied comedy, timing, stage pictures and things like that and quit arguing about nonsense, it would help the art far more.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Rotten
View Profile
Special user
833 Posts

Profile of Rotten
PS. Read Trancework. ;-0
dmkraig
View Profile
Inner circle
1949 Posts

Profile of dmkraig
Rotten, (which I don't think you are at all) I think the problem is one of definition more than reality. What is and what is not hypnosis? What is and what is not a trance state? Either can be defined in such a way as to prove that they don't exist or do exist.

Of course, the next problem would be getting people to agree with the definition. Put ten hypnotists in a room and you'll get 15 definitions of hypnosis...maybe more!

There was a mystic who 105 years ago wrote, "Let success be your proof." If you give a hypnosis show that entertains, the definition of hypnosis doesn't matter. If you help someone with hypnotherapy, the definition of trance doesn't matter.

Finally remember that anyone here can claim or imply that they are experts. Forget grains, take everything you read here (including my posts) with a MINE of salt. Instead, use them as a place to start your investigations, not end them.

And yes, Trancework is a book deserving of being read and studied.
bobser
View Profile
Inner circle
4176 Posts

Profile of bobser
Danny, you were sending me something. If you did it didn't arrive.
Bob Burns is the creator of The Swan.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20386 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Wow that was cryptic. Send me your address and tell me what I should send. Actually I was supposed to just upload it to You Tube right?

I do know it was something, show related. I have to remember to read the Memory Book by...I forgot who.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
mindpunisher
View Profile
Inner circle
6132 Posts

Profile of mindpunisher
Quote:
On 2009-11-07 19:44, TonyB2009 wrote:

Attacking me is the easy option; mouthy people like me are big targets. A more interesting approach would be to back up your arguements by quoting actual experts, people who work in the field they are talking about. Its an interesting thougth, but I won't hold my breath waiting for you to try it.

No Tony you are a bit confused again. Being attacked is a product of being a mouthy and talking through backside...

You have not quoted one bit of evidence to support any of your ramblings. And that's all they are. You open your mouth and talk sh - ite 80% of the time. You are also the one who attacks others on here...

You attract that kind of attention. But no point telling you will never see it. I don't attack you I play with you for fun. And you don't even see it.

Quote:
On 2009-11-07 20:12, Dannydoyle wrote:
Quote:
On 2009-11-07 19:31, mindpunisher wrote:

Tony I think you easily win the best laugh vote. If anyone is a dogmatic bore it has to be you. Read your last few posts.

Technically if this were true, (and mind you I am not saying it is true) it would be something like "best in irony". But why quibble?

Although you do prove my point that if more hypnotists studied comedy, timing, stage pictures and things like that and quit arguing about nonsense, it would help the art far more.

Why would it help the art? What makes you think I am here to help the art? The art is beyond help it will go in whatever direction of the fast buck and the internet takes it. I have no power to help the art. I can only voice my opinion which has no effect.

you are here arguing as much as anybody/ We are here for our amusement not to help the art. Please put that grandiose notion away you make me snigger.

If when I perform or any of the other hypnosis related activities I currently run - that no one else is doing, I run for me not the art. I do have integrity though and look after my clients unlike some half book wonders on here.

We are all here for amusement or to sell products. This forum disintegrated ages ago and can longer be taken seriously. At the same time it has a strange value and worthwhile place.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20386 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Since you are not bright enough to do the search, (and since it was quite a few years ago) here is some help.

Look at July 17th. http://www.genewilliamscountry.com/full-......tml#July 17

Nice try though. Neither you or your friends seem to good at the internet Mark.

Posted: Nov 19, 2009 6:57pm
Punisher I think you are wrong. I do think there are those here who do want to learn.

Matter of fact that is why it bothers me so much when people like Mark want to do nothing but wind people up. It sort of grates on me when you do it as well. I do think some people come here for help and find out that it is tough to weed through the nonsense. Mark is here acting like a child even though he has been banned many many times. He acts all nice then turns into what he actually is.

I do think people want help and I think there are many ways to get it. I think that the internet and forums like this are going to be a new place people turn to in order to get that help. Only being here for amusement or just to wind people up or to cause problems like Mark does nothing for anyone. I think a high tide raises all boats and if everyone learned better, then everyone would benefit.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... » » Social compliance (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL