The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Looking for a good Magnetic Scotch & Soda (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Loual4
View Profile
Special user
Montreal, Canada
670 Posts

Profile of Loual4
Quote:
On 2009-11-14 21:11, Kevin Gardner wrote:
No one make true magnetic version of Scotch and Soda.

Tango makes a product called, "Magnetic Scotch and Soda English Penny" and Johnson makes a product called, "Magnetic Silver & Copper" but NONE of these are true Scotch & Sodas because these two products use a half dollar and an English penny, a real scotch & soda uses a half dollar and a CENTAVO. Older versions used a pre-civil war large cent.

The problem with the English penny is that it is the same size as a half dollar, where as a centavo is much smaller than a half dollar, a centavo (actually an old 20 centavo coin) is slightly bigger than a U.S. quarter.

The standard Scotch & Soda effect is a tactile effect, the English penny will not do the job because it is looks too big.

Interesting take on the "Scotch and Soda"... Personnaly, I have been using a set made with a half dollard and an english penny. I have been doing this illusion in a professionnal context for the past 20 years. I think that part of the amazing reactions that I get is due in fact because the penny is so big, they have no idea how I could have taken it away without them noticing it!

Louis

P.S.: Yes, I am aware I am replying to a post more than 2 years old....
runawayjag
View Profile
Inner circle
1085 Posts

Profile of runawayjag
Auk Van Dokkum makes an outstanding magnetic Scotch 'N' Soda. It is not inexpensive, but it is a true Scotch 'N' Soda only locking magnetically, not by friction. The coin can be examined by a spectator when locked. I own and use one and recommend it highly if you can afford it. It's around $225.00 and made from a BU Morgan.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Looking for a good Magnetic Scotch & Soda (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL