The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » ULTRACINESE (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
5647 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
Quote:
On 2011-05-14 05:31, lunatik wrote:

It seems he's holding something in his right hand to me which if correct, is downgrade from ultracinese

You guess is correct.

That would certainly have an impact on ones performance freedom. The hand can not be shown empty before & during the performance. And the prop needs to be ditched immediately after the performance.

This is an effect where one needs to show his hands cleanly & fairly to be absolutely empty.

Not a very clean alternative IMO.

Smile
MAGIC is a SECRET, without the SECRET, there is no MAGIC.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.
Potty the Pirate
View Profile
Inner circle
4619 Posts

Profile of Potty the Pirate
Ultracinese is worth every penny, it's a simply awesome effect. If you don't want to be "wired from head to toe", it's a cinch to cut out the toe switch, and use the effect manually. Yes, you still need sleeves and a small unit attached to your belt. For me this is no problem.....and the effect is devastating to spectators. Noise is only an issue if you're performing in almost complete silence. Virtually any ambient noise will cover the sound.
I personally rate this as one of the finest releases in close-up magic for many years. Not for everyone, but certainly a winner, though I should mention it takes a fair bit of practise - most folks are unable to perform it straight out of the box.
Dr. Van Van Mojo
View Profile
Special user
570 Posts

Profile of Dr. Van Van Mojo
From the link Ustaad posted:
"Just recently a magic inventor released a version of this effect (the spinning nut on bolt) and it was priced at several hundred dollars. Rightly so as what was supplied to the magician cost a great deal to manufacture."

$250 is not "several hundred dollars". Leonardo manufactured these himself and the parts are inexpensive so I don't see how it "cost a great deal to manufacture".
robvh
View Profile
Elite user
Calgary, AB
441 Posts

Profile of robvh
I would have been disappointed with this effect had I spent $250 on it. Thankfully, I got mine from The Browser's Den in Toronto for $49!

To find it, visit http://www.browsersden.ca, click on the catalogue link, and type "ultracinese" in the search box. Searching from the homepage won't work. I don't know how many they have in stock or how long it will be available at this price so don't sit on your hands if this is an effect on your wishlist.

I know Jeff, the owner of the shop, to be an honest man and so I'm confident that this isn't some knock off.
parmenion
View Profile
Inner circle
Switzerland/Zürich
3993 Posts

Profile of parmenion
Quote:
On 2010-08-08 02:13, aceofillusions wrote:
my opinion. I wear a $1,200 watch that I love dearly that won't allow me to use with this effect. Lame!

What's the problem between you watch and ultracinese?
Btw, you don't know anything about watch except the price right, do you !?
“I love talking about nothing. It is the only thing I know anything about.”
<BR>Oscar Wilde experimentaliste <br>
<BR>Artist pickpocket Professional
<BR>
<BR>Looking for the best book test in French? send me a PM!
edh
View Profile
Inner circle
4698 Posts

Profile of edh
Quote:
On 2011-05-22 01:09, robvh wrote:
I would have been disappointed with this effect had I spent $250 on it. Thankfully, I got mine from The Browser's Den in Toronto for $49!

To find it, visit http://www.browsersden.ca, click on the catalogue link, and type "ultracinese" in the search box. Searching from the homepage won't work. I don't know how many they have in stock or how long it will be available at this price so don't sit on your hands if this is an effect on your wishlist.

I know Jeff, the owner of the shop, to be an honest man and so I'm confident that this isn't some knock off.

To late. It's gone.
Magic is a vanishing art.
hornet
View Profile
Veteran user
Herts, England
368 Posts

Profile of hornet
I have recently bought this second hand. I understand that there are rip offs flying around.", does anyone know how to tell a genuine one?
catweazle
View Profile
Special user
839 Posts

Profile of catweazle
I think the original one used 2 batteries, the knock offs use 4, and are more powerful, but make more noise, they are also easier to use.
the original was knacky from memory
hornet
View Profile
Veteran user
Herts, England
368 Posts

Profile of hornet
Marvellous, looks like I have a knock off Smile

Thanks for the info catweazle
catweazle
View Profile
Special user
839 Posts

Profile of catweazle
If you can solder, its easy to change the battery holder to work off 2 batteries instead of 4, which will slow it down, reduce noise, but make it knacky to use.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » ULTRACINESE (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL