We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » How Many Halloween Shows Did You Have This Year? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Gerry Walkowski
View Profile
Inner circle
1439 Posts

Profile of Gerry Walkowski
Not counting schools, daycare centers or libraries, how many Halloween shows did you have this year?

I had 3 and I'm trying to get a sense if that's a hi or low figure.

Thanks,

Gerry
Michael Messing
View Profile
Inner circle
Knoxville, TN
1815 Posts

Profile of Michael Messing
I did one. Lowest number in years. Halloween falling on a Saturday actually limited the number of performances I got. When it falls on a weekday or Sunday, people schedule parties throughout the week. With it being on Saturday, everyone wanted to do their parties on Saturday. I turned down three additional shows because of time conflicts.

Michael
Gerry Walkowski
View Profile
Inner circle
1439 Posts

Thanks Michael.

Actually I had one last weekend, one on Friday and one on Halloween.

Again, I'm just trying to get a sense if this is about right for this time of year.

Gerry
TonyB2009
View Profile
Inner circle
5006 Posts

Profile of TonyB2009
I had three cancellations, so I did none. First time in years. Two of the cancellations due to the recession.
TommyJ
View Profile
Inner circle
Foxboro, MA
1750 Posts

Profile of TommyJ
Not sure why you are eliminating Schools and Libraries. I have an entire Halloween themed magic show, now in its 4th season. The entire set-up is decorated in traditional Halloween decor and all the magic is Halloween themed.

I promoted the show to JUST schools and libraries and have performed it 18 times in the last 16 days. I designed the show with some Halloween safety messages which really sold this to schools and libraries. I actually had to turn away SO many requests for this program as there are just so many gigs I can fit in. Although I had many requests for regular Halloween parties but I had to turn them away due to being booked solid in schools and libraries.

I was able to have a professional videographer come into a school and I had a two-camera shoot of my Halloween Magic Show. I haven't viewed the video yet, as it was taken two days ago, but if everything comes out great like I hope it does, I will me marketing it and it will be available in June or July of 2010.

I have never marketed anything and I am excited about offering this to the kid show magic world as it is a high-energy show with some unique presentations and ideas for anyone looking for material for a Halloween show. I love it! I wish I could perform this show year round!
"Keep the Kids Laughing!"
https://www.tommyjamesmagic.com/store
TonyB2009
View Profile
Inner circle
5006 Posts

Profile of TonyB2009
I've just had my fourth cancellation of the weekend! There were also three other cancellations earlier this week. That brings it to seven this week - not only a record for my career, but more than I have had over the entire past decade.
One due to unforseen circumstances, one due to a venue being double booked, one due to them getting comeone cheaper, one due to the date being changed, and three due to the same hotel cancelling all their entertainment because of cost-cutting.
I'll be eating beans next week!
TommyJ
View Profile
Inner circle
Foxboro, MA
1750 Posts

Profile of TommyJ
Tony,
I hope you had non-refundable deposits on these shows if they cancel within 7 days of the performance.

Tommy
"Keep the Kids Laughing!"
https://www.tommyjamesmagic.com/store
kimmo
View Profile
Inner circle
Sheffield
1193 Posts

Profile of kimmo
I've performed at 3 Halloween parties and one anti-Halloween party but I don't do a themed act. I'll throw in a few references but that's about it.
VISIT MY ONLINE STORE!: www.kimmomagicshop.com
NEW LECTURE NOTES - SHOW US YOUR TRIX NOW AVAILABLE AS AN INSTANT DIGITAL DOWNLOAD!

Kimmo DVD available Now!
Watch the promo here!
Order your copy NOW! CLICK HERE!

ENTERTAINER,MAGICIAN AND VENTRILOQUIST'S BLOG - DON'T READ THIS...
MoonRazor
View Profile
Special user
779 Posts

Profile of MoonRazor
Hey Tommy J ....... looking forward to it!
jimhlou
View Profile
Inner circle
3645 Posts

Profile of jimhlou
One yesterday.

Jim
cardone
View Profile
Special user
856 Posts

Profile of cardone
I got lucky and booked 15 days 4 shows a day at a Haunted attraction and I also got bookings at a Dude Ranch that is for familys with kids ...a very good season ... I only had 5 other private halloween events ... but I live in the NYC area and we have a lot of Halloween stuff going on .... Tommy J ... You can perform it year round ... just call it a spook show ...
MikeHMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1007 Posts

Profile of MikeHMagic
5 Hallowen shows, and 1 Halloween/store anniversery balloon gig
Mike "Gus" Harvatt
"Bullwinkle that trick never works."
Potty the Pirate
View Profile
Inner circle
4621 Posts

Profile of Potty the Pirate
Mostly in the UK, we ONLY celebrate Hallowe'en on 31st October. I'd love to be able to perform 15 or so shows for the Festival, and I can imagine it might be possible having read this thread. There may be a way to get schools to go for it, and there would definitely be businesses who would be happy to offer a series of special shows. Halloweven's becoming much more popular over here now, and Trick or Treating has really taken off.
TonyB, so many cancellations? If it were me, I'd just take a deep breath, and go out and have some fun with all that time off. Then next week, I'd sit down at my computer and think "marketing"!
TommyJ, you got me interested. I hope you post a couple of Youtube clips, as a taster for your DVD. High energy Halowe'en show? Sounds like my kinda thing...
iwillfoolu
View Profile
Special user
Upstate NY, USA
746 Posts

Profile of iwillfoolu
I did 8 show for Halloween events this year. I also wish Halloween lasted all year. I have a blast seeing all the costumes.

Joe
Magician and Balloon Twister
New York Magicians
Magician New York
Bagatelli
View Profile
New user
Germany
73 Posts

Profile of Bagatelli
I had two Halloween Parties, it's not so common here in germany, but both organizers asked for a special Helloween Party, which I of course aren't really able to offer.
By the way, Needle through balloon, with a drawn skull on it and a fitting story was great.
Brian Lehr
View Profile
Inner circle
Edmonton, Canada
1601 Posts

Profile of Brian Lehr
I did 19 shows in a week and a half. Several of those re-booked for next year, so that's a good sign.

I haven't marketed this show to libraries, but that's a great idea.

Brian
Mike Brezler
View Profile
Inner circle
Waynesboro, Pa.
1114 Posts

Profile of Mike Brezler
I had one Halloween show and it was outside, cold, and raining.

Mike
Gerry Walkowski
View Profile
Inner circle
1439 Posts

Brian:

Where any of those Halloween shows for daycare centers, libraries, schools or haunted house attractions?

Thanks,

Gerry
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24120 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
I did one Thursday, two Friday and two Saturday. I use to do more when we had a better economy.
John Martin
View Profile
Inner circle
1010 Posts

Profile of John Martin
I had 6 this year. 5 of them on October 30th. It was a really long day, starting at six A.M. and going until 8 P.M. but worth every minute. Lots of fun.

All the best,

John

Click here to view attached image.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » How Many Halloween Shows Did You Have This Year? (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL