The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » A question about manipulation? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7435 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
Yes, you can pick up some decent used macs for a song now. Actually, I prefer them to the newer ones though there are some limitations. In fact, my niece started college and they recommended a mac because there were less problems (ie viruses). What was odd hers was a newer one but if she installed the software to run windows on it, it would void the warranty.

As an added bonus, you can laugh at all the virus stuff.

Come from the dark side, Luke.

Richard
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
Anatole
View Profile
Inner circle
1855 Posts

Profile of Anatole
I was always surprised how many magicians were Mac users. I remember Martin Lewis created a lot of neat HyperCard stacks like a tangram stack. I had a HyperCard stack called "Warlock" that was apparently able to read the mind of spectators who chose a card. A much better computer effect than the ubiquitous Princess Card Trick all over the web. BTW, speaking of the Princess--the late Mike Rogers had some comments on the Princess Card Trick in his column at Stevens Magic. The link is:
http://www.stevensmagic.com/gemini/Mike%......cess.htm

I eventually decided that the Warlock trick was too good to limit to the Mac platform and reworked it as a web trick. First you force the king of hearts and the three of spades (in that order) on some spectators. Then you go to this webpage (which you have conveniently bookmarked on your computer):
http://members.cavtel.net/parmenides/Warlock/
When they click on the wand, Warlock reveals the first chosen card--the king of hearts. You can either stop there or (if the three of spades was also forced) click on Warlock's image and you arrive at what seems to be the same Warlock image. Click on the wand this time, and Warlock tries to reveal the second card--but seems to make a mistake. Gesture toward the screen and command Warlock to fix the mistake--and an animated moving pip card changes the two to a three.

As I said, Warlock was originally a HyperCard stack. As a webpage, it can be used on either Mac or Windows platform and just about anywhere in the world.

(On the Mac platform, Warlock would pick up the spectator's input name and actually talk in a computer generated voice that addressed the spectator by name. HyperCard was a great program. There is a similar program called HyperStudio that works on both programs, but it is used primarily in education.)

----- Amado "Sonny" Narvaez
----- Sonny Narvaez
Donal Chayce
View Profile
Inner circle
1770 Posts

Profile of Donal Chayce
This is great news. Thanks in advance to both of you for generously giving your time and sharing your insights with the unwashed masses (myself included). Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » A question about manipulation? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL