The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » Spectator handling the Triple Impact Deck (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Corbett
View Profile
Inner circle
Indiana
1161 Posts

Profile of Corbett
For those of you that have this and have used it, how do you, if at all let the spectator handle the deck at the offset of the routine? Or do you bring in this deck via a deck switch mid-way through an existing card set?
BustedFinger
View Profile
New user
Virginia
66 Posts

Profile of BustedFinger
I would also like to ask a question about this effect. Does the spectator always end up with the same three cards each time you perform it (implying a force of the same three cards)? Or can the effect be set so that you can have three cards selected that are different from the previous time you perform it?
Corbett
View Profile
Inner circle
Indiana
1161 Posts

Profile of Corbett
3 cards are the same each time.
BustedFinger
View Profile
New user
Virginia
66 Posts

Profile of BustedFinger
Quote:
On 2009-11-16 16:06, Corbett wrote:
3 cards are the same each time.

Thanks for the reply. I have been thinking about picking this up from the great reviews I have read on the Café. I guess the downside to the 3 cards always being the same is that you could never repeat this trick to anyone.
mmreed
View Profile
Inner circle
Harrisburg, PA
1432 Posts

Profile of mmreed
You could repeat it - you would just need to switch to a different triple inpact deck that you stacked.

its a great effect - we have sold many and people seem to really like how it plays to spectators.
Mark Reed
Wedding and Event Entertainment
Corbett
View Profile
Inner circle
Indiana
1161 Posts

Profile of Corbett
I will say that when I have performed it, the reactions were fantastic. My wife, who is a very discerning spectator, said it was "awesome." This comes as high praise, as she is usually very unimpressed.
BustedFinger
View Profile
New user
Virginia
66 Posts

Profile of BustedFinger
OK - I've taken the plunge and have ordered "Triple Impact". Can't wait to try it out.
BustedFinger
View Profile
New user
Virginia
66 Posts

Profile of BustedFinger
I got Triple Impact for Christmas (my wife made we wait until then to open it) so I haven't gotten the chance to perform it much (except for her and my son). However, before I even performed it for the first time, I took the advice of some other forum members and created little colored envelopes for the spectator to put their cards in. I also created three matching envelopes that I have my predictions in. The reason for this (as the others mentioned) is to keep the cards from getting bent up from being put into and pulled from pockets.
Zebaztian
View Profile
Special user
The Netherlands
655 Posts

Profile of Zebaztian
I've read that Synchronicity and Triple Impact are more or less the same. I'm thinking of buying one, but I'm not sure which one. Can I get some advice on this? (Without revealing publically the method.) Are there actually no real differences?
My mind reading routines: http://www.basjongenelen.nl/goocheltrucs/. Scroll a bit down to the English routines.
BustedFinger
View Profile
New user
Virginia
66 Posts

Profile of BustedFinger
I am not familiar with the Synchronicity effect. Is the effect itself the same as Triple Impact?
Corbett
View Profile
Inner circle
Indiana
1161 Posts

Profile of Corbett
Since making my initial post, I've performed Triple Impact numerous times, allowing spectator to handle and look at the deck each time. No problems.
Scott F. Guinn
View Profile
Inner circle
"Great Scott!" aka "Palms of Putty" & "Poof Daddy G"
6586 Posts

Profile of Scott F. Guinn
Quote:
On 2010-01-11 14:24, Zebaztian wrote:
I've read that Synchronicity and Triple Impact are more or less the same. I'm thinking of buying one, but I'm not sure which one. Can I get some advice on this? (Without revealing publically the method.) Are there actually no real differences?

I suppose there may be more than one effect named Synchronicity, but if it's the one I'm thinking of, they are not the same.
"Love God, laugh more, spend more time with the ones you love, play with children, do good to those in need, and eat more ice cream. There is more to life than magic tricks." - Scott F. Guinn
My Lybrary Page
Corbett
View Profile
Inner circle
Indiana
1161 Posts

Profile of Corbett
I can only speak to Triple Impact, but I will say the reactions I've gotten so far, have been very positive. My wife, who is very magic savvy, loved it. And it's hard to impress my wife with much magic; as she's seen it all.
Zebaztian
View Profile
Special user
The Netherlands
655 Posts

Profile of Zebaztian
Synchronicity by Marc Paul I mean. Synchronicity and Triple Impact are about three cards and three pockets.
My mind reading routines: http://www.basjongenelen.nl/goocheltrucs/. Scroll a bit down to the English routines.
Zebaztian
View Profile
Special user
The Netherlands
655 Posts

Profile of Zebaztian
BustedFinger
View Profile
New user
Virginia
66 Posts

Profile of BustedFinger
From that auction description, the Synchronicity effect sounds very similar to T.I. but if the description is accurate, then it may be an even stronger effect than T.I. The part that caught my attention in the description was this quote:

"every time you remove your card from your pocket first!"

You cannot do this with T.I.
BustedFinger
View Profile
New user
Virginia
66 Posts

Profile of BustedFinger
From that auction description, the Synchronicity effect sounds very similar to T.I. but if the description is accurate, then it may be an even stronger effect than T.I. The part that caught my attention in the description was this quote:

"every time you remove your card from your pocket first!"

You cannot do this with T.I.
Failed Magician
View Profile
Inner circle
Still working on the DL even after made
2100 Posts

Profile of Failed Magician
I guess you can, but you gotta do it with Magician's Choice or Q by Cosmo Solano (I guess).
Magic comes through perception. -HS
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
I honestly have to say I purchased the effect, but never got around to trying it! You guys have piqued my interest one again.
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
Failed Magician
View Profile
Inner circle
Still working on the DL even after made
2100 Posts

Profile of Failed Magician
This is a strong effect especially by showing them the deck before they cut. I also like the idea of having four envelopes. Two for them, and two for us, and the "highest or lowest" card can be put into the pocket, back pocket, etc.

I'm still waiting for mine, hopefully it will be here by next week.
Magic comes through perception. -HS
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » Spectator handling the Triple Impact Deck (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL