We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Unusual animal production on Halloween (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Bagatelli
View Profile
New user
Germany
73 Posts

Profile of Bagatelli
Hello,
Yesterday during a show I produced two animals which are named here in Germany something like "Ghost Grasshopper“. In English: “Australian stick insect” in Latin “Extasoma tiaratum” They are about 5 inches long and look really, really great. I used a dove pan to produce them as a finale of my Halloween Show, and it is really a great finale on Halloween!
Because they are my sons new pets, and because of the reaction, I am thinking about, to produce them in normal shows too. A Dovepan is not optimal because they don’t stay inside and it was impractical to load the lid.
Do you know a nice practical method, were they can be in the production thing until they appear?
Have a look on these animals, don’t they look fantastic for Halloween?
Bagatelli

Posted: Nov 1, 2009 5:42pm
Sorry, I told you the wrong names of the insects, it should be the "Giant Spiny Stick Insect" or "extatosoma tiaratum"
Bob Sanders
View Profile
Grammar Supervisor
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20524 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
Why not use the "animal" in a small enclosed cage and have that in the load chamber of the prop?

Could I recommend using the Crystal Silk Cylinder with the load chamber containing your load in a small removable cage?

It works with mice, lizards, frogs, etc.

Also there is the Crystal Casket (small glass box) that may be large enough to work.

Keep us posted. We would love to know your experiences and solution.

Bob Sanders
Magic By Sander
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
stijnhommes
View Profile
Special user
568 Posts

Profile of stijnhommes
Quote:
On 2009-11-01 16:43, Bagatelli wrote:
Because they are my sons new pets, and because of the reaction, I am thinking about, to produce them in normal shows too.
How does your son feel about his stick insects' new career?
Bagatelli
View Profile
New user
Germany
73 Posts

Profile of Bagatelli
„Crystal Silk Cylinder“ I never would have thought on this Item, but it could be very practical. The impressive Insects like to climb on a blackberry branch. When I put a small branch inside, they will climb up and eat the leaves, that would be a good presentation. If I could take the lid off with the tube I could take the branch out with the animals.
Can’t imagine how to use the crystal casket for this, because the apartement seemes to flat.

My son was a little angry because of the safety for his pets.
I’ll debate about a lending fee with my son (8j) to sharpen his business sense.
Donald Dunphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Victoria, BC, Canada
7456 Posts

Profile of Donald Dunphy
What about a variation on a Crystal Silk Cylinder (with some sort of clear lid), such as the "Dove to Rabbit Cylinder" on the Dazzling Magic website? This one is short and squat.

http://www.dazzlingmagic.com/livestock_magic.htm

- Donald
Donald Dunphy is a Victoria Magician, British Columbia, Canada.
Bob Sanders
View Profile
Grammar Supervisor
20524 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
The Crystal Silk Cylinder is a very useful prop and Dazzling Magic makes some very nice ones. I do always advise that you get the one with the extra cover cylinder/tube. The money you save skipping that extra piece can be very damaging to the effectiveness of the prop. With it your options are much greater too. I recommend the tall one over the shorter one. I actually use them!

You may avoid a top by simply pushing a balled up paper towel into the top of the load chamber blocking the exit but allowing plenty of air flow.

Please keep us posted.

Bob Sanders
Magic By Sander
Bob Sanders

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
Steve Hook
View Profile
Inner circle
Raleigh, NC, USA
1266 Posts

Profile of Steve Hook
Like Bonnie Raitt said, "I miss Little Feat more than I miss being 8 years old." Thanks for the concerts + recordings, Lowell, Richie, and Paul!
Bagatelli
View Profile
New user
Germany
73 Posts

Profile of Bagatelli
Bob Sanders
View Profile
Grammar Supervisor
20524 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
Yep! It is an unusual animal! Not at all like a dove or rabbit.

Thanks!

Bob Sanders
Magic By Sander
Bob Sanders

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Unusual animal production on Halloween (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL