The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Slim Mullica Wallet? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Farlsborough
View Profile
New user
3 Posts

Profile of Farlsborough
Hi guys, fairly new here although I was "Montbeliard" for a short while - unfortunately, lack of access to that email account causes me to reinvent myself!

Basically, I love the Mullica wallet but found all of the available wallets far too thick, stiff and inflexible. Accuse me of idol worship if you like, but I personally far prefer the wallet to appear as it does in Eugene Burger's "Gourmet Close-up Magic", in which both he had David Parr have lovely thin, soft wallets (that meet Eugene's fantastic description of being like a limp bible waved by an avid street preacher!).

I owned Anthony Miller's for a while but it was too padded and thick for my tastes (quality item though it was), as have all the others I've seen. I've not seen pictures of the Garnier Elite wallet but given that it's a multi-function effort I can only assume it too is a bit on the thick side.

I don't want much from my Mullica, no whistles and bells... I just want it to be THIN!

Any suggestions? I've seen people mention making one out of a "Rolfs" wallet - this must be an American thing. If this is the only way to get a lovely thin wallet, perhaps someone would be ever so kind as to volunteer purchasing one for me, and posting it over the pond to the UK? Full recompense via paypal of course.

Cheers guys.
bobn3
View Profile
Special user
Wichita, KS
718 Posts

Profile of bobn3
You can always check with buying this from the originator:

http://www.tommullica.com/

Bob Phillips
chappelly
View Profile
Special user
Down Under
744 Posts

Profile of chappelly
Quote:
On 2009-11-02 13:17, bobn3 wrote:
You can always check with buying this from the originator:

http://www.tommullica.com/

Bob Phillips

I have this one .It is an excellent wallet.However it is not as thin as the one Eugene shows in Gourmet Magic.I'd also like to know where to get that thin one from.
churken
View Profile
Regular user
California
199 Posts

Profile of churken
I have taken the checkbook section out of my Mullica Wallet and replaced it with a pay envelope. This keeps the wallet much thinner. With a little work on the corner, I can handle the wallet exactly as Eugene Burger does.
Farlsborough
View Profile
New user
3 Posts

Profile of Farlsborough
Hi Bob,
Yes, I realise buying from tommullica.com might seem the natural solution but as has been said, these are not as thin as those used by various magicians or as thin as I would like.

A bit of an update; I've narrowed down my materials list but they are only available on Amazon.com and they are unwilling to post them to the UK. I'm currently trying to find someone in the US friendly enough to do me the favour of purchasing them and sending them to me (obviously I would pay them via paypal in advance). If anyone here is able to to do that I'd be hugely grateful; I realise this being my first post or whatever this doesn't look great but I've clocked up over 2000 posts on another magic forum under the same name and am asking there too, if people wish to check up on me!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Slim Mullica Wallet? (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL