The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » The Godfather's, "Unfaithful Force" (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
Adam1975
View Profile
Special user
UK
895 Posts

Profile of Adam1975
My, the Café is very angry lately..., and it always seems to be about crediting...

I hope I don't get jumped on, for inventing Tilt....
Or as it should be known from now on, tilt1975 Smile
Ive upped my standards.Now,up yours!
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
sleeping with the fishes...
10630 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
Ben and J I apologize to both of you I'm a old guy with" Very "thin skin.
I said some mean things to both of you and for this I'm sorry.
I work very hard trying to create new technques and I always share what I do.
\There are some on the Café that do not like me for no reason a all then there are a few that feel the opposite.
i'l have that tequila shot now
vinny
Come check out my magic.

http://www.vinnymarini.com
Rizzo
View Profile
Inner circle
East Coast
3027 Posts

Profile of Rizzo
Jay I'll admit that was definitely funny. But...not sure why it tweaked you as my comment was a generalization and not intended at any one member specifically. I just see it more and more lately on more and more threads as well as deal with it in life outside the Café, never in person though where manners usually overshadow arrogance. Perhaps 1 day we will meet.
3 can keep a secret if 2 are dead
Jay Mahon
View Profile
Special user
983 Posts

Profile of Jay Mahon
I hope we can meet one day Rizzo. I understand that there is a certain amount of power behind a keyboard but I doubt manners is the key to it being suppressed in person. I do think fear of being publicly persecuted is potentially a deterrent. In person I am just as critical of others and my self. I have many many mirrors all around my home some huge (8ft by 4 ft) some small table sized ones and I have a video camera that goes on my TV so I can watch from a plethora of difficult angles to catch with a mirror.

I find it difficult to take in anything sub par that could be remedied and Vin and I have discusses this via PMs. I am a stickler for quality, the self publishing movement is quickly destroying any attempt at quality control. The industrial revolution took a huge chop at consumer quality items now we are faced with a drop in quality production and information.

Sorry for the rant.

J
gdw
View Profile
Inner circle
4816 Posts

Profile of gdw
That zenu at least vinny grasped the general over reaction. Rannie, no one was saying anything about not liking the move.
It's amazing, people will criticize you for "biting the hand that feeds you," while they're busy praising the hand that beats them.

"You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one."

I won't forget you Robert.
weapon
View Profile
Inner circle
I am Emran. I have,
1329 Posts

Profile of weapon
Great force vin! I like!

btw I gotta show you my little take on your giggle force..it might make you giggle!
Eternity by Emran Riaz (Gimmicks + Download) An IMPOSSIBLE prediction of ANY number, ANY word, literally ENGRAVED in a medallion they've been holding THE ENTIRE TIME.
http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/12181
gdw
View Profile
Inner circle
4816 Posts

Profile of gdw
*That zenu-thank zenu
It's amazing, people will criticize you for "biting the hand that feeds you," while they're busy praising the hand that beats them.

fingerjack
View Profile
Special user
CT, USA
556 Posts

Profile of fingerjack
Wow! And I have no more popcorn. You know, not that anyone cares, but I don't know what to say other than for years Vinnie has been a helpful and generous member here at the Café. He has shared numerous free videos of his original works with me and many other members. I don't even get all the fuss...I believe he credited who he thought was appropriate to credit and that's that. The crediting stuff has got way out of hand. If he's wrong, point him to it and I'm sure he'll fix it. In my opinion Vinnie has, and never was, out to rip anyone off. Someone who shares so freely really has nothing to gain. Before someone threatens to break my nose with a dancing cane let me state for the record that I am an idiot.
MAGNAPALM - The World's first psionic magnetic implants that is changing the future of magic http://youtu.be/EDmg2bp_Cas

WASHED AND DRYED - An squeaky clean incredible full deck transformation!
http://fingerjack.wix.com/washedanddryed
Jay Mahon
View Profile
Special user
983 Posts

Profile of Jay Mahon
Jack,
I think this has been as resolved as it is going to be. For those not directly involved there is much more than this thread. A slew of PMs and choice words, colorful language, wild accusations, etc.

I don't know if this was as much a battle of crediting as people think it is.

J
kcg5
View Profile
Inner circle
who wants four fried chickens and a coke
1875 Posts

Profile of kcg5
Quote:
On 2009-11-05 14:43, fingerjack wrote:
Wow! And I have no more popcorn. You know, not that anyone cares, but I don't know what to say other than for years Vinnie has been a helpful and generous member here at the Café. He has shared numerous free videos of his original works with me and many other members. I don't even get all the fuss...I believe he credited who he thought was appropriate to credit and that's that. The crediting stuff has got way out of hand. If he's wrong, point him to it and I'm sure he'll fix it. In my opinion Vinnie has, and never was, out to rip anyone off. Someone who shares so freely really has nothing to gain. Before someone threatens to break my nose with a dancing cane let me state for the record that I am an idiot.

I'm with you. I was un-aware of any issue with crediting, that said Vinny has never been anything other than very helpful and generous towards me (and the Café I would imagine).
Nobody expects the spanish inquisition!!!!!

"History will be kind to me, as I intend to write it"- Sir Winston Churchill
fingerjack
View Profile
Special user
CT, USA
556 Posts

Profile of fingerjack
Quote:
On 2009-11-05 14:56, Jay Mahon wrote:
Jack,
I think this has been as resolved as it is going to be. For those not directly involved there is much more than this thread. A slew of PMs and choice words, colorful language, wild accusations, etc.

I don't know if this was as much a battle of crediting as people think it is.

J

Ug, then I'm staying waaaaaaaaaay out of it. All I know is that it's really too bad, and in some strange way, it really makes me sad.
MAGNAPALM - The World's first psionic magnetic implants that is changing the future of magic http://youtu.be/EDmg2bp_Cas

WASHED AND DRYED - An squeaky clean incredible full deck transformation!
http://fingerjack.wix.com/washedanddryed
Jay Mahon
View Profile
Special user
983 Posts

Profile of Jay Mahon
Shouldn't make you sad, I think everyone was just trying to make things better. Not better like resolved better, better as in improved.

J
gdw
View Profile
Inner circle
4816 Posts

Profile of gdw
Quote:
On 2009-11-05 14:43, fingerjack wrote:
Wow! And I have no more popcorn. You know, not that anyone cares, but I don't know what to say other than for years Vinnie has been a helpful and generous member here at the Café. He has shared numerous free videos of his original works with me and many other members. I don't even get all the fuss...I believe he credited who he thought was appropriate to credit and that's that. The crediting stuff has got way out of hand. If he's wrong, point him to it and I'm sure he'll fix it. . .

That was exactly what someone tried to do actually. Thankfully it seems to be all resolved now.

Jack of Spades
View Profile
New user
98 Posts

Profile of Jack of Spades
Vinny - the 'Godfather' etc. now been explained to me. My question was not meant to be disrespectful, so apologies if it came across that way. My impression of you is that you're a sincere and nice guy with a genuine love for magic. I think the hop force is a great idea. All the best to you! Jack
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
10630 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
Jack apologies excepted no hard feelings
vinny
Come check out my magic.

jskalon
View Profile
Special user
Shorewood, IL.
870 Posts

Profile of jskalon
Speaking for myself, as long as I have been on the Café, Vinny has been nothing but generous to me. If he did miss a credit (he's human after all), I find it hard to believe that it was on purpose. Again, I am speaking from my experience with Vinny and am not slamming anyone who doesn't agree. There are a ton of good people here. I have learned a lot here.
I just wanted to speak my piece.
Vinny, thanks for your contribution to magic Vinny and the help you have given me. I hope we get to actually hang out one day.

Peace,
Jack
Jack Skalon

"That's my story and I'm stickin' to it"
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
10630 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
By the way I received a demo from a reliable source that does not want to get involed
it was a demo of Michael Skinner performing the Hop but it is called the MS SHIFT
I wll have to credit Michael Skinner as well as Harry Lorayne not sure of the date that this was filmed or when it was in print.

however there nothing of the idea of using the MS shift aka Hop was used as a force
vinny
ps I claim nothing execpt for a idea not a creation

Up Date I was informed that Michael did this some 25years ago but he did not use the idea for a force
it was a slo- motion shift the force idea is new idea
Come check out my magic.

Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
8458 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Seems all the fire here wasn't really necessary in light of the further research that has come of it. While the Hop and the Shift have been here (and Vinny never claimed it wasn't here and actually credited the great, Harry Lorayne for the Hop), the use of the move in the way of a card force seems new, as to Vinny's new Unfaithful Force. So as dirt be dug, it seems that the Godfather has come through again with a bit of his extraordinary style of things. That's probably because his intent is always testifiably here pure and good.

So whatever the stew of all this is, there's a bit more in the pot to it now thanks to Vinny...Is this not true? Good job Vin and just keep doing what you do, it's really appreciated much moreso than not.
*Check out my latest: MBs Morgan w/ BONUS: Destiny, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at www.VinnyMarini.com Smile

"Believe in YOU, and you will see the greatest magic that ever was." -Mb Smile
gdw
View Profile
Inner circle
4816 Posts

Profile of gdw
I am still surprised there was a "thing" made about this. I don't belive there ever was any accusations made, but plenty of defence against accusations, lol.

Any how, all good to hear. Again, I like the idea. The hop has lots of potential, and I am surprised so little has been done with it.

The One
View Profile
Veteran user
326 Posts

Profile of The One
Well this should be called "The Hop force" then right? "Force with The Hop"?
I didn't come here to tell you how this is going to end...
I came here...
To tell you how this is going to begin.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » The Godfather's, "Unfaithful Force" (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL