The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » 1:3:1 (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Billman
View Profile
Loyal user
New hampshire
219 Posts

Profile of Billman
Hey Everyone,
I'm very excited about my second release to the magic community. This release simply titled "1:3:1" is a PDF which details 4 full effects from my card material and 1 color change. All the material is direct, simple and too the point.
Descriptions of each effect are as follows:

Grilled: Inspired by John Bannon's Dawn Patrol, this sandwich routine allows for a thought of card to be found sandwiched between two jokers in the deck, directly after the spectator has completely and thoroughly shuffled the deck them selves. Oh and did I say, this is accomplished with zero sleights!

CHaSeD: Standing for Clubs, Hearts and Spades 'en Diamonds, this is a fun “twisting” sandwich routine that has the jokers warming up by turning over one at a time, before finally finding the spectators card sandwiched between them, then ending with an amazing grand finale.

I.D. Guaranteed: This routine combines an impromptu invisible deck idea with a mystery card plot to find the spectators thought of card in an un-thought of location.

Midnight Change: A smooth, eye level, color change that happens as you simply wave your hand over the cards.

Foot Loose: This is a three phase transposition effect where two cards transpose under the spectators and magicians feet visually and invisibly with each phase becoming more impossible than the other.

The reviews so far have been overwhelming and would like to give a big thank you to everyone who has helped get this project on it's feet!

Thanks,
Bill Perkins
Billman
View Profile
Loyal user
New hampshire
219 Posts

Profile of Billman
Sorry guys, left you hanging with out a website.

Currently this can be purchased at:

With in the united states
http://www.esleights.com/
-or a direct link to those outside the United states-
http://www.magicshop.co.uk/p3577/1_3_1_-......nfo.html

Thanks,
Bill
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
7025 Posts

Profile of Cameron Francis
There are some really cool tricks and ideas in here. The Midnight Change is VERY cool! And not hard to to, either.

My favorite routine is ChaSeD. Lots of magic and easy to do. Very nice!
MOMENT'S NOTICE LIVE 3 - Six impromptu card tricks! Out now! http://cameronfrancismagic.com/moments-notice-live-3.html
Billman
View Profile
Loyal user
New hampshire
219 Posts

Profile of Billman
Cameron,
Thanks for the comment and also your great additional handelings for CHaSeD and ID Guaranteed. If time permits and people are interested I would love to get these handelings out in the next round of PDFs.

For those interested I would like to get some PDF's out there for reviews from Café members. Send me a PM if your interested and if your one of the first 10 people I'll send, absolutely free, a copy of 1:3:1.

Enjoy!
Bill Perkins
Nechto
View Profile
Special user
UK
871 Posts

Profile of Nechto
I have been friends with Bill over the internet for years now, every now and then we hit each other up with our new ideas.

Bill sent me 1:3:1 a while back and I must say, even though we are friends, he has a knack at devising clean looking, stunning, but mainly simple magic. And the sort of simple that makes you say, 'why didn't I think of that!'

1:3:1 is perfect for all magician who use cards, you don't even need to be a sleight of hand master to perform these, Bill has stripped out the hard work to leave you with direct and easy card magic.

I would recommend this to anyone who likes magic and has held a deck in their hands before!

Good jobs Bill, Keep them coming mate!!!

Ben Williams
puggo
View Profile
Inner circle
2022 Posts

Profile of puggo
Mini review (initial thoughts):

I have never spoken to Bill, and was lucky to get a free review copy as per the offer above. I read through the manuscript, followed along with a deck, but have not tried the effects live yet.

Layout / presentation:
I found the layout and presentation to be easy on the eye, the writing style clear, and Bill put in regular re-caps, making learning easier. Photographs are clear, and where they need to be in relation to the text.
Crediting is apparent, as is referencing to where the suggested sleights can be found.

Effects:
Grilled - I saw the demo for this, and liked the idea of an in the hands 'Dawn Patrol' variant.
A nice effect which I would use at home / for friends, but probably not working due to the very minimal gaffing required. This is not a criticism, just not suited to my pocket set up.
CHaSed - I agree with Cameron, this is, for me, pick of the bunch, and I will try it out. An interesting sandwich variant with a kicker.
ID Guaranteed - A solid effect.
Foot Loose - An effect that could be a lot of fun in the right place.

Midnight change - A decent colour change which I will use.

Sleights:
Some sleights are suggested and referenced, such as the 'Ego change' and the 'Venus Flytrap'. I don't know these two sleights, but use several others that would suffice. If you have little knowledge of sleights, get out your Card College, or fire up your ETMCM / downloads etc. Fear not, the skill level needed is not knuckle busting.

Overall:
Cons (trying to be constructive / honest?!) - The lack of teaching of sleights may hamper some, it appears that a reasonable skill / knowledge level is assumed.
Some not FASDIU - although there are some alternative handlings.
You may well already have alternatives to some of the plots here.

Pros - A decent standard of presentation and writing style. The sleights not taught are easy to replace, and Bill tells you where to get the suggested items (EGO, Venus, Bluff pass).
Routines have variety, and room for fun presentation / personalisation.
The colour change is relatively easy, useable, and visual.

Final thoughts - I'll probably give CHaSeD a go working, and might try out Grilled at home / for friends. I will use the colour change.
For £8.99 UK price, I can honestly say that you get value for money, compared to many of the downloads available. Of course, value is about if you use what you buy. If I had paid for this, I would not have been disappointed, I would have felt like I had my moneys worth.

Charlie
Billman
View Profile
Loyal user
New hampshire
219 Posts

Profile of Billman
Charlie,
Thanks very much for the review and the feedback.
Hope you enjoy CHaSeD. It's one of those routines that is actually very addicting. I pick up a deck and find my self unconsciously practicing the moves.
Hope you enjoy.

Ben,
Thanks for the comments and your help through out the project. P.S. Sorry to hear about the fire. Hope things cheer up for you and things work out in the near future.

Thanks,
Bill Perkins
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » 1:3:1 (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL