The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Psuedo-Skeptic Seance' (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
17670 Posts

Profile of Slim King
Kind of like a VooDoo Witch Doctor attempting Brain Surgery Smile

http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/2465927
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
julieannjohnson
View Profile
Veteran user
305 Posts

Profile of julieannjohnson
Well, that was oddly joyless, to say the least. I don't understand the point -- either of the video or of your carrying the url here for us to watch.

In my opinion, the whole "skeptics versus believers" conflict is just another version of the game that Eric Berne long ago identified as "Let's you and him fight." And that's all they want -- a fight.

I long ago decided to leave Randi, his foundation, his pathetic fanboys with their amateur radio-announcer voices, and his entire crerw's juvenile, snarky, name-dropping, and self-congratulatory bloviating out of my life. Randi is now known in my household as "that cold-hearted, unprofessional has-been who ruthlessly exposed a promising young magician's effects."
Sid Helkule
View Profile
Inner circle
Australia
1481 Posts

Profile of Sid Helkule
Oh Dave is gonna LOVE you! Smile
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
17670 Posts

Profile of Slim King
I see your point. Maybe I should do that too Smile

I listened to the entire hour and one half. It was kind of a rip off of what Jim Callahan had envisioned before the Psuedo-Skeptics made false statements to the authorities ... Then they attempt something similar on their own. But it wasn't funny enough to be Satire and not scientific enough to be taken seriously.

I still can't get over Brian Brushwood exposing Bill Cushman's Mirabill. Lot's of nice folks paid good money for that effect, just to have it exposed on youtube like that. It's just wrong! He's a member here and has had some great input over the years. To just rip him off like that is unfair!

The Pseudo-Skeptic Seance petered out about half way through with a big percentage tuning out. I had hoped for something more interesting, but in the end it was just some guys goofing around.

There will soon be a 'real seance' with pseudo-skeptics, genuine skeptics, pseudo-believers and genuine believers.
It will be a totally scientific study of contact with the dearly departed. We will compare it to what has occurred before.
It will be fun!!!
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
Oyama
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, OR.
1054 Posts

Profile of Oyama
I actually like the new direction Samurai is going.

That seance was difficult to watch.
"it's better to live one day as a lion, than a thousand years as a lamb."
Chris H
View Profile
Inner circle
Melbourne, Australia
1364 Posts

Profile of Chris H
I watched the first ten minutes and then turned it off. I agree that it wasn't particularly good. The idea certainly had potential, but the 3 hosts didn't appear like they wanted to do anything but act like school boys, which was a shame.
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
17670 Posts

Profile of Slim King
Yep ... It pretty much sucked!
You need to get real mediums to have a real seance, or at least people who are open to the possibility. Not a bunch of grade school potty jokes Smile
Chris H
View Profile
Inner circle
Melbourne, Australia
1364 Posts

Profile of Chris H
Please let me know when you find some.

Cheers,

Chris
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
17670 Posts

Profile of Slim King
Here's a whole town of them just a few minutes away.

http://www.cassadaga.org/

It's a group of very religious and honest folks. So Well liked in the community of Florida that it is a destination for many who seek the truth.

Jim Callahan spent some time there in his youth. I visit often.

They have meetings on Sunday's and usually Wednesdays just like Baptists, Methodists or Catholics Smile
kinesis
View Profile
Inner circle
Scotland, surrounded by
2701 Posts

Profile of kinesis
Quote:
On 2009-11-05 08:07, Psychic Samurai wrote:
You need to get real mediums to have a real seance

If that's the case we'll never have a real seance.

Psychics (whatever THEY are apart) This has to be the biggest insult to Michael Jackson and his family ever.

Derek Acorah, one of the worlds worst (alleged) psychics is going to try and contact MJ. This has to be an all time low for television.

http://sky1.sky.com/derek-acorah-to-atte......-jackson

Derek
Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one - Albert Einstein

FACEBOOK
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
17670 Posts

Profile of Slim King
It's already been done several times.
Maybe not on TV but certainly on the radio.
http://shadowsinthedark.planetparanormal.com/?p=196
kinesis
View Profile
Inner circle
Scotland, surrounded by
2701 Posts

Profile of kinesis
Thanks for the link Dave

I find that report really disturbing. Dr. Gary Frick really appears to have had an in-deapth chat with Michael Jackson. Given the clarity of the messeges, why didn't Micheal reveal the true reasons for his death and save us all a lot of time and anguish. With direction from the the deceased I'm sure all the appropriate evidence could be gathered and the complete picture of MJ's final moments revealed.

Somehow, like Derek Acorah, Dr Frick was just after a bit of publicity and cash.

FACEBOOK
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
17670 Posts

Profile of Slim King
Why would MJ want to reveal the true underbelly of his life? That's just not believable in any sense. If he was so "Weird" in Life, think how "Out There" he is in Death Smile
He's certainly not going to "Fess Up" now!
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13151 Posts

Profile of Tony Iacoviello
Derek:

Was it an all time low each time they held a seance for Houdini?

I'm not saying I don't agree with you...

Tony
mota
View Profile
Inner circle
1658 Posts

Profile of mota
Skeptics are missing a very active segment of the population for exposure. These people have no real scientific knowledge or credentials yet insist on scientific proof for things they disagree with. Many of their posts on various boards emphasize this point...they don't seem as interested in science as they do arguing and being right. Many of them can't even write a valid hypothesis, much less design a study.

Completely unqualified know-it-alls pontificating endlessly...should be easy marks for scientifically qualified skeptics.
kinesis
View Profile
Inner circle
Scotland, surrounded by
2701 Posts

Profile of kinesis
Quote:
On 2009-11-05 11:04, Psychic Samurai wrote:
Why would MJ want to reveal the true underbelly of his life? That's just not believable in any sense. If he was so "Weird" in Life, think how "Out There" he is in Death Smile
He's certainly not going to "Fess Up" now!

LMAO A typical reply from an alleged psychic. Nice one Dave, LOL

FACEBOOK
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13151 Posts

Profile of Tony Iacoviello
Psuedo-Mediumship and Mediumship (note I separated the two) are the origin of mentalism. Step 9 in Corina is devoted to mediumistic stunts, other aspects of communication with the other side run throughout that same course.

Séances, mediums, communication with the dead, these are all aspects of “mentalism” and were the core at its formation.

Perhaps some new to the field do not know this, or perhaps some do not want to acknowledge it as it is considered by some to be a ‘dirty little secret”.

As far as I'm concerned the topics of Séances and mediums are valid for this forum. But the mocking and insults by those who feel they are better than others and have superior belief systems (on all sides of the discussions), that does not belong here, in my opinion anyway.

Tony
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18816 Posts

Profile of IAIN
I've just had a message from the Corinthian hall, and everyone there agrees...
I've asked to be banned
tincture
View Profile
Special user
586 Posts

Profile of tincture
Quote:
On 2009-11-04 19:30, Psychic Samurai wrote:
I still can't get over brian brushwood exposing Bill Cushman's Mirabill. it's just WRONG! He's a member here and has had some great input over the years. To just rip him off like that is unfair!

The Pseudo-Skeptic Seance petered out about half way through with a big percentage tuning out. I had hoped for something more interesting, but in the end it was just some guys goofing around.

While the two share the same method - Bill's is better. This isn't his handling of the effect, or have I missed something!

Tim
bobser
View Profile
Inner circle
4176 Posts

Profile of bobser
Quote:
On 2009-11-05 18:06, IAIN wrote:
I've just had a message from the Corinthian hall, and everyone there agrees...

I just fell into this thread. And that comment really did make me LOL.
Thanks Iain.
Bob Burns is the creator of The Swan.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Psuedo-Skeptic Seance' (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL