The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Best and Most Fun, Exciting, Engaging, Up Lifting and Rocking Party Games! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

simchamagic
View Profile
Regular user
190 Posts

Profile of simchamagic
Hi there!

For those of you who also do games at birthdays, which games do you find to be the most fun and the coolest for the children?
Currently I do musical bumps and musical statues, and I find them to be GREAT. So I'm looking for other games of that sort - with music, all the children participating together, *very* simple - no complicated rules to understand, and just great fun!
Any ideas you could share?

Thanks,

Simcha
themagiciansapprentice
View Profile
Inner circle
Essex, UK
1381 Posts

Profile of themagiciansapprentice
Pass the Parcel using bags with drawstrings containing gifts or forfeits for each opener. I also use a Disney cd that is purpose made to stop automatically for five seconds. Great response when I walk away and it carries on playing or stopping.

Lots of ideas in John Breed's book; but I do enjoy musical chairs /bumps /statues /islands. The kids tend to expect it at parties.

Love using a parachute if space allows.

I don't like games where one is taking part and everyone is watching.
Have wand will travel! Performing children's magic in the UK for Winter 2014 and Spring 2015.
simchamagic
View Profile
Regular user
190 Posts

Profile of simchamagic
Thanks themagiciansapprentice!

Any more suggestions?

Simcha
TonyB2009
View Profile
Inner circle
5006 Posts

Profile of TonyB2009
I got a pass the parcel box from Razamatazz Magic. I have rarely dealt with a better supplier. I ordered it on Monday night (late) and had it Wednesday. And I'm not even in the same country. Here is the link: http://www.razamatazzmagic.com/Passtheparcelgame.php
It is a very compact and self-contained game, and I am getting a great response with it. It has made my job so much easier for longer parties. I only started offering longer parties recently, and this has been my best investment.
JimbosMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1334 Posts

Profile of JimbosMagic
Simcha.
I released a new DVD a few months back called Games-Ability. it can be purchased from myself or Practical Magic in England.
Trailer for Games-Ability http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T9iU61q-ku8
Trailer for Kid-Ability http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hpzgkV-9Tqk&feature=related
JIMMY CARLO. KIDabra International Family Entertainer of the Year 2009.
IBM Triple Award Winner. Uk Champion of Comedy Magic.
Represented the UK in the United Slapstick Awards on German TV.
European Children's Entertainer of the year 2007/8
keeblem
View Profile
Inner circle
Essex, UK
1167 Posts

Profile of keeblem
Touch it - explanined in Mark Leveridge's magic party.

Very briefly:

Play music, when music stops I will ask you to do something and you have to do it really quickly.

Music

Everyone hop on one leg. Now hop on the other leg. Now hop on both legs at the same time!

Music

Everyone touch their toes. Now touch someone else's toes. Now touch two people's toes

Music

Everyone sit down. Now stand up. Now sit down. Stand up. Sit down. etc.

Music.

Everyone put their hand on their head. Now put your hand on someone elses head. Now touch two people's head.

Music

etc. etc.

Get Mark's book for more ideas on actions - or make up your own! This game has the advantage that it doesn't eliminate anyone one. You don't need to give out prizes. A wide age range find it great fun!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Best and Most Fun, Exciting, Engaging, Up Lifting and Rocking Party Games! (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL