The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Band's of Gold by Ben Harris (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

JamieD
View Profile
Inner circle
London
1727 Posts

Profile of JamieD
Bands of Gold :: Ben Harris :: 32 Pages

So, Ben Harris gets into rubber band magic. Surely it’s all been done before. Of course there’s Bands going through each other, rings on bands and all the other cliché rubber band classics. But what’s that? Ben likes cards FAR too much? Of course! Ban Harris’s Bands of Gold utilise a deck of cards as well as an elastic band (or bands) in some very cool ways. Never before in elastic band magic have I seen effects that use bands and cards simultaneously in this way. The opening trick in this gorgeous book is just cool. A mini bet in which 2 bands are shown around the card case width ways. One will win the spectator $100 and the other one will win the magician $100. One is selected by the spectator without equivoque. Of course it’s just a normal band. The other is removed and there is a $100 bill attached. Such a mini trick but so hard hitting. The best thing? It’s brilliantly clever. Very simple and uses some very old methods in band magic but in a completely new way.

A couple of effects follow suit and indeed use the same sort of principle. Sleight of Band. Another stunning effect and really can be imagined as a one trick download on one of these new polished sites. It’s just wicked. A band that’s wrapped around the deck lengthways rises up and down them deck. It begins wrapped around the whole deck. With a wave, it’s seen to jump up through the deck and now be wrapped around just half of the deck. It continues to jump up and down the deck in an incredible way. It really is an awesome trick. Rising card plots have been on the increase in recent years. But what better way to do it then with the elastic band. It’s fast growing to take over my normal rising card trick.

The final is one of he best in the book. A card visually slices through a rubber band and restores. It looks mad. Another one for the download generation. A great stand alone effect or in a routine. Of course every single one of the effects can be used as part of a routine and Ben gives credits and additional thoughts all the way through his book. As with every Ben Harris eBook of wonder, it’s beautifully laid out with lots of photos to help you along. This is one of his better “non cardy/ Card” books. Highly recommended!

“Ben’s Band Book is some of the best band and card magic ever. Some could be plucked out and used as single trick downloads. I was just sad that the book ended so soon. Highly recommended.”

***** 5/5 Stars

Available at http://www.wowbound.com

Jamie Daws
TORCE - VMRS - DARK SERIES
www.JAMIEDAWS.CO.UK
Ben Harris
View Profile
V.I.P.
wowbound.com
2112 Posts

Profile of Ben Harris
This is finally in the DOWNLOAD CENTER NOW.

Thanks for all the email regarding this. We didn't expect Jamie to have his review posted so quickly! He does not muck around!

Take Bands Of Gold for a spin and if you don't think it's a great value download, or you don't like the material, then just email me for a refund (less paypal fees).

Cheers

Ben Harris
+ "Top 10" Best-Selling author at Lybrary.com
+ Proud sponsor "Genii Magazine's 75th Anniversary Convention"
+ Inventor of the world famous Floating Match
+ WOWBOUND.COM
Bernardo Rodriguez
View Profile
Loyal user
235 Posts

Profile of Bernardo Rodriguez
Nice!
Always nice to see more of Ben's work...

Bernardo Rodriguez
pduffie
View Profile
Veteran user
Scotland
340 Posts

Profile of pduffie
There is some excellent thinking in this booklet. Definitely worth checking out.

Peter
Alternative Magic
Bernardo Rodriguez
View Profile
Loyal user
235 Posts

Profile of Bernardo Rodriguez
I have recieved this and I must say I am extremely impressed. It is a well put together pdf with pictures that walk a long every step of the way.

A couple of his effects use the same sort of principle, but they are interesting takes for every effect that uses it. I tried the $100 one with the two rubberbands around the card box and the spectator freely selects one and they select the one not containing the $100 and I msut say eyes widened. I presented it slightly diffrent then Ben does, but all the same still a great piece.

The next effect I tried out was the one where you A band that’s wrapped around the deck lengthways rises up and down the deck. It goes from being wrapped around the whole deck from half way through the deck in a very unique way. It definatly works great as a stand alone or in an already existing routine.

The last effect was a card visually ripping through the rubberband only to find the card completely unharmed. This is one I have not had the chance to try out yet, but I'm definatly anxious to try it out. I can only imagine the reactions it will bring.

I highly recommend this book especially for those who love rubberband magic because the concepts and effects taught in this book are extremely powerful and practical unlike most rubberband effects that involve too much toying around.

I rate this book 5 out of 5 stars also *****!

Great Job,

Bernardo Rodriguez
Ben Harris
View Profile
V.I.P.
wowbound.com
2112 Posts

Profile of Ben Harris
Hi Peter, and Bernardo,

I'm glad you enjoyed.

Cheers

Ben
+ "Top 10" Best-Selling author at Lybrary.com
+ Proud sponsor "Genii Magazine's 75th Anniversary Convention"
+ Inventor of the world famous Floating Match
+ WOWBOUND.COM
djhsa80
View Profile
New user
42 Posts

Profile of djhsa80
Hi Ben is there any other way to download this without using paypal. As I don't have a paypal account and don't really want to.
many thanks
KyleMacNeill
View Profile
Inner circle
2760 Posts

Profile of KyleMacNeill
You could download it on Lybrary mate, or Vanishinginc, or Magicshop...
Ben will have more info than me on this though, so I'd wait until he replies Smile

Kyle
djhsa80
View Profile
New user
42 Posts

Profile of djhsa80
I'm also in the uk, so don't really want to pay in $ as it will be more expensive because of the amount the banks charge.
KyleMacNeill
View Profile
Inner circle
2760 Posts

Profile of KyleMacNeill
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
sleeping with the fishes...
10722 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
HI Benny any demos to see
vinny
Come check out my magic.

http://www.vinnymarini.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Band's of Gold by Ben Harris (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL