We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Magicnook’s Early Christmas Gift #1 (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Spellbinder
View Profile
Inner circle
The Holy City of East Orange, NJ
6438 Posts

Profile of Spellbinder
I know it’s early, but magicians should be getting ready for their Christmas shows NOW, so I’m giving out these “Do-It-Yourself” Christmas Gifts NOW. I will stop on December 1st.

Go to Oriental Trading’s site HERE to see what we are making: http://tinyurl.com/yhlrpfa

You can make these Elf hats yourself completely from tissue paper if you wish, or buy them ready made from cardboard and tissue paper from the online source.

Use Eleazar Goodenough’s methods for tearing tissue paper into paper hats as given in his “Tear-Able Magic” book on my site. The chapter on Santa Hats is very similar to this. However, in this case, we are making elf hats for several helpers. They are inexpensive enough to make one for every child if your audiences are small. Otherwise, just give them out to the onstage helpers you call forward.

You can begin by tearing yourself one of Eleazar’s Santa Hats for yourself, then hand out tissue paper to (for example) four helpers so they can make hats magically. They tear up the tissue and nothing happens, so you collect their torn tissue in a Chimney Screen (from Jim Gerrish’s Hardboard and Duct Tape Book 1 on my site… or any Temple Screen decorated like a chimney). If you feel comfortable using flash paper, you can pretend to set them on fire. Then produce the tissue elf hats and hand them out to your helpers. At that point, you might as well use your elves to help you decorate a bare Christmas Tree, so continue producing all the decorations from the Chimney Screen.

The kids get to keep the elf hats (for sanitary reasons you should not reuse them) but at $3.00 per dozen, you won’t go broke. Don’t forget to put a sticker with your contact information on the hat somewhere.

Ho! Ho! Ho! Merry Christmas!
Professor Spellbinder

Professor Emeritus at the Turkey Buzzard Academy of Magik, Witchcraft and Wizardry

http://www.magicnook.com

Publisher of The Wizards' Journals
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Magicnook’s Early Christmas Gift #1 (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL