The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Tenyo Elite Moonspinner and Fortune Sticks (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
Tom Jorgenson
View Profile
Inner circle
LOOSE ANGLES, CALIFORNIA
4451 Posts

Profile of Tom Jorgenson
I just wanted to add a bit to Jason's post, above, for those who haven't seen Moonspinner in action:

As you 'spin' the paddle, the grey spot in the center of the hypno-disc appears, and then, under your control, keeps growing until it is quarter size. Only when it is quarter sized, do you slow down and stop rotating the paddle: The quarter is real. It is now that you toss the quarter off the paddle and onto your hand...it now being a real quarter.

• The kids can be 'hypnotized' by the hypnodisc to see an imaginary quarter...you say the magic words to make it a real one.

• I used to just introduce it as my latest invention, a real money-maker. Then demo it. I'd mostly give the quarters away...$3 to do the trick a dozen times w/ giveaway...not bad. It got the kids following you and that pleased a lot of people.

Like I said, great trick.
We dance an invisible dance to music they cannot hear.
Jason Palter
View Profile
V.I.P.
335 Posts

Profile of Jason Palter
Hello all:

Thanks for the great comments, Tom! The appearance of the disc is rather "freaky"; it is such a great illusion. But when the real quarter appears, and you hand the coin out---along with the paddle---it just blows people away.

And roblane, no you do not have to have special eyesight to perform the trick at all; so no problems there.

Please let us know if you have any other questions or comments. Thank you for your time, and for your business.

Best regards,

Jason Palter
Paltergeist Unlimited / Tenyo Elite
(416) 410-5766
Carlo Conjurana
View Profile
New user
62 Posts

Profile of Carlo Conjurana
Hello
I just received my Fortune Sticks Elite paid £75.00 and when I received them felt very deceived because as they say:

Constructed out of anodized aluminum in gleaming red, blue and gold.
Precision laser-etched symbols.
Made for performers and collectors alike.
Each Fortune Sticks set is handsomely boxed and comes with a hand-crafted carrying case, and photo illustrated instructions in English and Japanese.

Questian 1: Precision laser-etched symbols ??? --- its painted on not engraved as I thought perhaps the symbols will rub off ?.

Questian 2: Its not Leather case its "Plastic case ????

The only nice thing about them is the alluminium sticks !!! the feel about it and ofcourse the support towards the Elite range . that's it.

I could of bought the plastic version ...... just my opinion ? or am I missing the point, or perhaps my expectations was way to high .

Anyway I hope I don't have a fake ?

Perhaps I'm too harsh " I love them Fortune Sticks "

Conjurana
Jason Palter
View Profile
V.I.P.
335 Posts

Profile of Jason Palter
Hello Conjurana:

Thank you for the purchase of our Tenyo Elite "Fortune Sticks", and also for your post.

On behalf of Steve, Peter and myself, I'm very sorry that you felt deceived in any way regarding your purchase. Let me try to answer your questions:

1. I can tell you for sure that the symbols on our Tenyo Elite sticks ARE laser etched on----NOT painted. This is also the case with our edition of "Moonspinner"; the hypnotic pattern is also etched onto the paddle with a laser. Many have commented to us on how much they like the laser etching on the tricks, as it not only looks good, but it will not rub off.......I'm not sure why you say that yours have been painted on.

2. I'm sorry if you are disappointed with the case for the trick, but there is no where in our advertising that states our cases are made of leather. They are handcrafted, and I believe that the case is a synthetic type of leather material. Again, many people have told us how happy they were with the cases for our tricks.

You are correct, you could have bought the plastic version. Tenyo's original is a great trick, but it is made of plastic and the symbols are silk-screened on----they WILL rub/scratch off eventually. We feel that the look, feel and performance of our elite editions are designed for more "professional" applications than the Tenyo originals.

I sure hope that you don't have a fake, and I'm guessing that you don't. However, please let us know if you have any other questions.

Thank you for your time.

Best regards,

Jason Palter
Paltergeist Unlimited / Tenyo Elite
(416) 410-5766
Carlo Conjurana
View Profile
New user
62 Posts

Profile of Carlo Conjurana
Thanks Jason

I had a good look and perhaps they are "laser etched" at first it looks painted on (white)??? you don't really see the silver colouring.

Well the "case" is plasticy, but what- the heck- its a great piece of magic !

Performed it twice in one go "Blew them Away" to two different spectators in the same room classic finish Whow! I love them ! Fortune Sticks....

Conjurana
jimhlou
View Profile
Inner circle
3698 Posts

Profile of jimhlou
I wondered about mine when I got them too. If you take a magnifying glass and look at the "fire" symbol, you can see the colored portion inside the flame is actually raised against the background. They are etched, just not very deep.

The case could have been leather (for the price paid), but it is a very nice case and should last a very, very long time. I am very satisfied with my purchase (Madhatter Magic, lowest shipping price on Fortune Sticks). Plus it's an excellent trick and always ready to go.

Jim
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Tenyo Elite Moonspinner and Fortune Sticks (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL