The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You Oughta Be In Pictures » » Audience for L & L Publishing (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

REV BILL
View Profile
Special user
Glen Burnie Maryland
785 Posts

Profile of REV BILL
Why is it that we always see many of the same faces in the audience for L & L Publishing DVD's ? Are they employees or what? Just curious.
Specializing in Family Entertainment,Gospel,Comedy and Educational programs for over 30 years.(Order of Merlin)
Stanyon
View Profile
Inner circle
Landrum, S.C. by way of Chicago
3433 Posts

Profile of Stanyon
Work for Lou, friends of Lou...Tahoe's not that big.
Stanyon

aka Steve Taylor

"Every move a move!"

"If you've enjoyed my performance half as much as I've enjoyed performing for you, then you've enjoyed it twice as much as me!"
huggie50
View Profile
Regular user
North Las Vegas
109 Posts

Profile of huggie50
A lot of his audience people, help make the video that much more interesting. And you'll notice it's always the same ones up front, but there are some that stay in the background, but are in a lot of the vidoes.
Magically yours,
Huggie
Futureal
View Profile
Inner circle
1695 Posts

Profile of Futureal
It's hard to find animated people who react when being filmed. It's much better to have similar faces appear in the DVDs than to have an audience of stone-faced people holding themselves upright for the camera.

Case-in-point the recent Bob Sheets DVDs, he might as well have just performed the routines direct to the camera with no audience.
Dan Bernier
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
2298 Posts

Profile of Dan Bernier
I've actually noticed many of the same spectactor's popping up in different magic video's done by different producers. I am currently going through my DVD collection and looking for the same spectator's who appear in more than one DVD. I'm not talking about the same spectator appearing in another DVD by the same magician, but by an entirely different company. I don't know if the producers of these DVD's all hang out on the same street corner, but it does make you go, "Hmmmmm?".

I don't know if any of you ever played, "Spot Hitchcock" but it was a game I played with a few friends. We were into Hitchcock movies and would look for Hitchcock to appear in every one of his movies.

Let's play a new game. It's called , "Spot The Same Spectator". Just find a spectator who appears in more than one DVD. Then lets see how many we can find. Smile
"If you're going to walk in the rain, don't complain about getting wet!"
Roland78
View Profile
Special user
Torino, Italy
567 Posts

Profile of Roland78
I think that David and Janel could produce an entire DVD with only their appearances in the various L&L videos. They are always there and always in the front seats Smile
The other guy who is always present, even if not always in the front places, is the guy with moustaches used by TOmmy Wonder for the watch in nest boxes effect.

Dave
huggie50
View Profile
Regular user
North Las Vegas
109 Posts

Profile of huggie50
Yah...David and Janel are two of the best, and make most of the DVD's that much more exciting.
Magically yours,
Huggie
synth_infusion
View Profile
Loyal user
210 Posts

Profile of synth_infusion
Jon's the funniest!
korttihai_82
View Profile
Inner circle
Finland
1880 Posts

Profile of korttihai_82
Actually the audience has finally started to change. At least in newest L&L Sets the most older audience is gone. Scotty is there but he works for L&L and Frank is still there but that's about it.

J-M
Futureal
View Profile
Inner circle
1695 Posts

Profile of Futureal
And more's the pity, IMO.
lebowski
View Profile
Veteran user
377 Posts

Profile of lebowski
Although they can be entertaining, I think over-reacting fake audiences on instructional videos hype effects in an effort to make them seem better than they really are, giving those trying to learn unreal expectations as to what the routines will do for them.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
I think the idea is that if the audience was just a random audience, if they were not being filmed, and had not seen magic ad nausium, this would be the reactions you would see. I see the point, but I think it does not work as well as is thought. I think it does come across as "over acting" some spots.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Joe Mauro
View Profile
Inner circle
1133 Posts

Profile of Joe Mauro
I liked the early Easy To Master Card Miracles ( 1-3 ) because the tricks were down for just a few people and the reactions looked genuine.
~Joe
dpe666
View Profile
Inner circle
2895 Posts

Profile of dpe666
Quote:
On 2009-11-15 03:15, Joe Mauro wrote:
I liked the early Easy To Master Card Miracles ( 1-3 ) because the tricks were down for just a few people and the reactions looked genuine.

I agree. I enjoy magic videos so much more when there are only 1-5 spectators. Smile
sirbrad
View Profile
Inner circle
PA
2097 Posts

Profile of sirbrad
I don't care about the audiences on video, I buy the magic for the effect. Every audience is unique anyway, and you can't expect the same exact reactions as others.
The great trouble with magicians is the fact that they believe when they have bought a certain trick or piece of apparatus, and know the method or procedure, that they are full-fledged mystifiers. -- Harry Houdini
RS1963
View Profile
Inner circle
2734 Posts

Profile of RS1963
If you think badly of the L&L audience ask Richard Osterlind about them. He felt the same way going in the first time to tape for Louis as some of you do. He very quickly found out how wrong his thoughts were and will tell you to your face that your wrong and the L&L audience is a great group to work for.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You Oughta Be In Pictures » » Audience for L & L Publishing (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL